Sign in to follow this  
harig07

Evolkaiser Ragia

».ben.    7438

I mean, this card is good for a type that was terrible, but 1 negation is hardly "broken."

*waits until they make an Xyz reset material card*

That said, Velo, Aeolo/Rekindling, and especially Guaiba love this card.

harig07    2058

Initially I thought it negated twice, THAT would've been broken. Card is still good nonetheless.

Forlum    9162

I'm starting to see this power creep.

Not so much power creep as it is stale design. Halberd Cannon, Shooting Quasar Dragon, Shi En, Naturia synchros, Heraklinos, etc, and now this? The end result of summoning spam is ending in "I can negate X and attack you for 2000+". It's getting boring.

I was referring to the power creep of xyz monsters. They looked kinda tame in the beginning, and all of a sudden we're getting all these bamf's. I can see konami is pushing to make more sales, but they're messing with the game balance with these super aggressive cards.

Not the case with this card.

True true. 2400 one negation for a two monster cost in a shitty archetype seems decently fair.

...but then there will come a way to perfectly spam these.

»infinite    2317

Not so much power creep as it is stale design. Halberd Cannon, Shooting Quasar Dragon, Shi En, Naturia synchros, Heraklinos, etc, and now this? The end result of summoning spam is ending in "I can negate X and attack you for 2000+". It's getting boring.

I was referring to the power creep of xyz monsters. They looked kinda tame in the beginning, and all of a sudden we're getting all these bamf's. I can see konami is pushing to make more sales, but they're messing with the game balance with these super aggressive cards.

True true. 2400 one negation for a two monster cost in a shitty archetype seems decently fair.

Yeah, Jurracs with rekindlings.

Forlum    9162

That seems shitty, what with their variable DEF stats. Only 4 or so have good effects and 2 of those rely on mediocre ATK stats to go off. Idk.

Is the theme this card is part of any good and/or shows any promise?

That seems shitty, what with their variable DEF stats. Only 4 or so have good effects and 2 of those rely on mediocre ATK stats to go off. Idk.

just max Aeolo and you won't have a problem?

»infinite    2317

Max aeolo and make sure Guaiba win battles. Its not shitty at all.

Forlum    9162

I'm not entirely in the know on the theme so are there playable ones beyond Aeolo, the two 1700 searchers, the 1700 draw guy and the Black Rose sync? Or cards with the proper stats? As I see it Rekindling could at best produce 3 Aeolos into 3 of any of the 1700 dudes resulting in just one of these Xyzs(and a possible draw/search).

Guaiba getting it's effect off tokens is nice but can 1700 compete with anything else?

»infinite    2317

I'm not entirely in the know on the theme so are there playable ones beyond Aeolo, the two 1700 searchers, the 1700 draw guy and the Black Rose sync? Or cards with the proper stats? As I see it Rekindling could at best produce 3 Aeolos into 3 of any of the 1700 dudes resulting in just one of these Xyzs(and a possible draw/search).

Yeah thats the whole point. Jurracs in my opinion were one card away from being competitively good and I think this card helps them out a lot. Once a Guaiba destroy something by battle I can either control card effects or control the battle phase.

Then there's Forbidden Lances, Book of Moons, Enemy Controllers, Jurrac Giganotos to make sure your monsters are able to win battles.

Another popular choice is to play a Jurrac/Flamvell mix.

Flamvell Firedog can search Aeolo and Gallim, and running 3x Firedog and 3x Guaiba is just :)

Firedog -> Aeolo = Level 5 Synchro

Firedog -> Gallim = Level 6 Synchro

Firedog -> Magician = Level 8 Synchro

Guaiba -> Aeolo = Level 5 Synchro

Guaiba ->Gallim = Level 6 Synchro

Guaiba -> Dino = Level 7 Synchro

Guaiba -> Guaiba/Velo = Evolkaiser Ragia

And of course if you already had another Level 4, that means you can go into Trishula :wub:

harig07    2058

So I my 3 Super Hydrogeddons arrived today. Photon Shockwave is gonna be fun.

Dango    824

Honestly I think Hydrageddon is the best way to make this and the most effective +. Hydro can be splashed in a decent amount of things (zero variants, stun, etc) while jurracs is a full dedicated deck and this guy is good but not good enough to run a mediocre list to run him

• Upvote 1

ThatOneGuy    2005

[quote name=Dango Daikazoku =)' timestamp='1307690683' post='2894789]

Honestly I think Hydrageddon is the best way to make this and the most effective +. Hydro can be splashed in a decent amount of things (zero variants, stun, etc) while jurracs is a full dedicated deck and this guy is good but not good enough to run a mediocre list to run him

Guaiba does the same thing as Hydro but better. 100 more attack, doesn't need the monsters to hit the grave, and more versatile search options (assuming you run the tuners along with it). The only thing Hydro has going for it is that it makes Water non-tuner specific synchros viable (as well as the Zero deck you suggested) for certain decks and allows for a little more aggression in that you can keep attacking with what you SS.

• Upvote 1

»Draigun    6835

So yeah, this guy is gettin mad bitches in OCG along w/ Rescue Rabbit.

• Upvote 1

Morleh    1143

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Number_19%3A_Freezerdon seems like a very good combo with this, doesnt it? If you have Freezerdon, then you can use Ragia's effect 3 times total... 3 TIMES!!! 3 Solemns are incredibly overpowered, especially as a lvl 5 exceed is easy to SS through wind-ups etc...

That's actually really clever. I'm going to try to make this, haha.

Gear    712

I doubt you can make a consistent deck or good deck trying to summon freeze and raiga

Cyber Dragon, Instant Fusion, Rescue Rabbit. I win yet?

• Upvote 1

DarkBlaze557    2106

I doubt you can make a consistent deck or good deck trying to summon freeze and raiga

A 3-card combo is hardly considered consistent. Useful, yes. But not consistent.

• Downvote 2

more like

3 tour guide

3 goldd

3 grapha

3 snoww

2 broww

2 sillva

2 sabersaurus

1 rabbit

1 sangan

1 raven

3 gate

3 dwl

3 gold sarc

2 dragged

2 mst

1 dwd

1 card destruction

1 heavy

1 foolish

1 reborn

1 dark hole

2 mind crush

1 dustshoot

not exactly but you get the picture

Gear    712

A 3-card combo is hardly considered consistent. Useful, yes. But not consistent.

This is true but it can still go together. Having just 2 of the cards could put you in a good position.

Cyber Dragon and Instant Fusion alone make easy Rank 5s which all seem to be good.

Also , PoD/ Gold Sarco/TGU/Sangan make it easy to get pieces