rei

NHL '11 | ' 12 Season Thread

Matt Bishop    2377

Yea the Carter deal was acceptable. They needed cap space for bryz and that gives them a number one goalie going forward

Malcolm's Multi    1789

carter deal was pretty lopsided for the flyers.

richards deal is lolwat

i guess there is something going on behind the scenes there.

• Downvote 1

Matt Bishop    2377

They are saying now that a pick was included with Richards what a steal!!!!

SteveK    926

Lol Flyers cleaning house.

@Pride I think it was a 2nd rounder.

Joe.    4932

Bryzgalov to Flyers Done: 9 years 51 million

Matt Bishop    2377

I don't know if you guys understood. The flyers gave THEIR draft pick with Richards for schenn and simmonds. So the trade was not good enough with one of the best two way players in the game today for a prospect that is going to be an NHL lvl player and simmonds who is a good player but pales in comparison to Richards

ATJdragon    967

ill assume the flyers will re-sign leino

leino-briere-hartnell

JVR-giroux-voracek

versteeg-schenn-simmonds

pretty solid top 9, theyre alot younger minus briere. flyers practically banking on giroux, schenn, JVR, and voracek bein 'the future' for the flyers. flyers defense is solid, and they now have a #1 goalie.

that beign said, i dont understand why they needed to trade richards unless some serious shit went down involving carter AND richards. oh well, we wont know for years if ever

ATJdragon    967

Flyers asked for Kadri and Kulemin from the Leafs for Mike Richards. Toronto said they would consider it, but never heard back from Phi.

LMAO LEAFS. thats an instant accept

ATJdragon    967

im expecting more fireworks tomorrow at the draft

also, kevin bieksa close to re-signing with the canucks. cap hit supposed to be around 4.5m, years unknown. i love it when players take less money in order to win

Wild Caniac    421

I think the Flyers might have done better than we even expect. Its their fault for giving Carter and Richards massive contracts..however I believe the path of using prospects that will be shharp (Schenn, Voracek), they will still contend, and do well. I would not be surprised to see them go after a veteran 3rd liner now, instead of a big center/wing.

kovah    25

Draft Tonight!!!!! so pumped!!!!! Excited so see my Oilers get some good potential, Nug-Hopkins better go first overall, watched him play all year in Red Deer and he has mad hockey skill, just needs to bulk up.

ATJdragon    967

howd the sens fuck up?

regardless, BIG BIG trade. setoguchi/coyle/1st for burns/2nd. san jose gets the defenseman they need. minnesota gets setoguchi and basically 2 late 1st rounders.

Wild Caniac    421

Burns is gone. I want to shoot somebody, however I do think we did get a good return.

SteveK    926

I think they should chosen Couturier instead. I'm sure Zibanejad is a good player but he only had 9 points this year. I'm aware that he probably didn't get that much playing time but I just think he would be a better fit for the Sens. I guess we'll see what Murray has up his sleeve, I mean he must have seen something in him.