rei

NHL '11 | ' 12 Season Thread

+rei+    34637

Jets welcome the habs for their home opener. Can't wait/

sidthekid87    159

pens still trying to get jagr lol

ATJdragon    967

34m of it is paid in the first 6 years lol

salo at 2 million is pretty damn good. i still dont understand why the canucks still have that alberts guy =\ higgins supposedly has a 2-year deal in the works too, ill be fine with it if its cheap. hopefully canucks pull off getting a solid winger for kesler thats been rumored to happen

ATJdragon    967

lol at jagr to the flyers.

this is the jersey for my hockey team

IMG_00000012.jpg

ATJdragon    967

wow cole overpaid

colorado overpaid for varlamov

hawks are looking good tho. flyers getting talbot is messed up too, i wonder what jaime has to say about it lol

»Frantic    661

DGB

Originally Posted by DGB

After disappearing for days, Jagr emerges to sign with the Flyers. Says the deciding factor was a chance to play with Carter and Richards.

Lol Flyers

lol Oilers

sidthekid87    159

i dont rly care about talbot going to the flyers i never really liked him anyways.

ATJdragon    967

yeah, buffalo really didnt need leino =\

lolok. guess talbot's 2 goals in g7 vs detroit means nothing anymore

-L2theZ-    1611

i dont rly care about talbot going to the flyers i never really liked him anyways.

Talbot is honestly one of the more entertaining/funny hockey players around.

»Frantic    661

lolok. guess talbot's 2 goals in g7 vs detroit means nothing anymore

that's basically the only reason the guy is still in the league, as it's about all he has ever done in the league.

»...Arson    7756

i dont think cole was a massive overpayment. slightly but compared to what it took to land other players?

was hoping for either cole or gagne. i wouldnt have minded belanger but konopka still hasnt signed anywhere and he's great on the dot and brings some grit which we desperately lack. we're somewhat weak up the middle passed plekanec, especially with eller out until november. i think desharnais and white both play center, but id rather one more to solidify the position. Gomez has tons of wingers to play with now (cams, gionta, cole, a.kost, patches) and should be able to find some chemistry.

once eller comes back we're not as small up front anymore. still not huge but patches/cole/a.kost/eller all eclipse 6 feet :)

budaj, to me, isn't a great signing. he's gonna play 15-20 games but there were cheaper and better options out there. auld was well liked, knew his role, capable and cheaper... i was indifferent to him returning and had said id arther someone like hedberg or conklin but he was definitely an ok goalie for us. marty turco was another... he moves the puck almost as well as carey and having two goalies so good with the puck helps the defense.

habs aren't an elite team in the east yet but around the cusp. not quite in the boston/philly/pitts/washington yet. above tampa and nyr i think, but i dont know where to put buffalo. they could destroy, they could bomb... theyre gonna be interesting to watch. as are the panthers.

panthers, sabres, jackets all making pushes for the post, flyers retooling entire team.

Wild Caniac    421

im going to have to ask dale tallon to stop drinking red bulls and smoking weed. calm the fuck down.

sidthekid87    159

hes trying to turn florida into a stanley cup contender in a hurry lol