rei

NHL '11 | ' 12 Season Thread

ATJdragon    967
lolwideman. im pretty stoked by the signing, more turnovers for the canucks to capitalize on =)

crosby and quick locked up for the rest of their careers.

»...Arson    7756
[quote name='rei' timestamp='1340882154' post='3219818']
didn't we have a decent prospect in the pipes goaltending wise?
[/quote]
Delmas and Mayer are 22, Lawson is 28. None of which had a good season or a bright future. Delmas played in the ECHL last year and Lawson/Mayer split Hamilton duties. Didn't do so well.

»...Arson    7756
Considering the longevity of Goalies, Quicks contract looks pretty stellar at this point.

Wild Caniac    421
Pretty solid longterm contracts for Quick and Crosby. I'd like to know how Wideman got 5.2 a year...

»...Arson    7756
He's put 40 pts in 4 of the passed 6 seasons, at least 30 in the other two. In those 6 seasons he hasn't averaged under 23 minutes a game. In fact hes closer to 24 in every season (lowest being 23:30). He is somewhat on the bigger side of the league (6'0, 200lbs) and most importantly - a right handed offensive defensemen. Same reason Schultz is so coveted.

Wideman is also in his prime as a defensemen for at least another 2 years, the drop off usually begins around what, 32/33? There is a stat somewhere.

»...Arson    7756
Look what Kaberle, Liles and Visnovsky have gotten in the passed two seasons after a decent campaign. The contract isn't out of nowhere, but I still don't agree with it. Primarily because those contracts didn't work out for the clubs. Kaberle/Visnovsky traded, Liles is just one of several brutal contracts the Leafs have.

I'd have rather seen a 2 year deal with maybe another 500k-750k (putting him closer to 6 AAV) added on to the salary. He obviously wanted to be locked up though, and they couldnt afford having two defensemen take up 12 million of their cap.

[quote]Elliotte Friedman of CBC Sports reported on June 9 that the average annual salary would be in the neighborhood of $9 million per season, up from $8.7 million in his current deal that ends next summer.[/quote]

[quote]The Penguins confirmed the details later in the day: $104.4 million over 12 years.[/quote]

104.4/12 = 8.7
found it funny unless there are additional bonuses in the salary that aren't mentioned

yeah I read the rest, but its still humorous

+rei+    34512
crosby and his 87 weird shit

»...Arson    7756
[quote name='rei' timestamp='1340926182' post='3220264']
crosby and his 87 weird shit
[/quote]
i LOVE it. I dont know why, but I love it.