Ally of Justice Decisive Armor

Storm Wolf    1205

Attrib: Dark

Type: Machine/Synchro/Effect

Level:10

Atk: 3300

Def: 3300

1 Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner monsters Once per turn, if your opponent controls a face-up LIGHT monster(s), you can activate 1 of these effects: • Select 1 Set card your opponent controls, and destroy it. • Send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard to destroy all Spell/Trap Cards your opponent controls. • Send all cards in your hand to the Graveyard to look at your opponent's hand and send all LIGHT monsters in their hand to the Graveyard. Then, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the total ATK of the opponent's monsters sent to the Graveyard.

With the release of the Agent Structure Deck, do you all believe that this card should start seeing play in the Extra Deck now? This card will obviously rape Lightsworn but not sure how well it would do against Agent Fairies, which will be the more popular deck. Many deck lists in the OCG have had this card in their Extra Decks for a while, making it look like a semi-staple, especially since Agents were playable over there since last format.

Lauren    510

Attrib: Dark

Type: Machine/Synchro/Effect

Level:10

Atk: 3300

Def: 3300

1 Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner monsters Once per turn, if your opponent controls a face-up LIGHT monster(s), you can activate 1 of these effects: • Select 1 Set card your opponent controls, and destroy it. • Send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard to destroy all Spell/Trap Cards your opponent controls. • Send all cards in your hand to the Graveyard to look at your opponent's hand and send all LIGHT monsters in their hand to the Graveyard. Then, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the total ATK of the opponent's monsters sent to the Graveyard.

With the release of the Agent Structure Deck, do you all believe that this card should start seeing play in the Extra Deck now? This card will obviously rape Lightsworn but not sure how well it would do against Agent Fairies, which will be the more popular deck. Many deck lists in the OCG have had this card in their Extra Decks for a while, making it look like a semi-staple, especially since Agents were playable over there since last format.

Lol, I got owned once when I summoned out this card against Agents. I used its third effect, discarding my entire hand, my opponent then activated Herald of Orange Light to own me in the face.

Not saying that it is bad or anything, but Agents usually have many outs to this card (For Eg. Orange Light, Warning, Kristya). Even more so after XYZs reach the TCG (With the New Monster Ignition Effect Ruling in place.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

»victor    6400

I have actually given this matter a great deal of consideration myself.

I have come down to the following choices.

AOJ Core Destroyer

This is a solid all-round option. Handles all LIGHTs equally, Fairies as well as Worms.Even TK Raioh, Alius, Cydra, are taken down. It's good in the sense that you can take down Kristya or Hyperion without assistance. Tutored by Sangan.

Ally Salvo

This is a more risky option in that it has to be destroyed by battle and sent to the GY. Gets hit by Hyperion's effect and Banisher of the Radiance (which they will likely side in). "+1" for those who care.

Good in JunkDoppel and Plants as it works with Debris and Junk Synchron for an easy Catastor/Librarian. Better in the Worms/Hero Beat matchups.

AOJ Quarantine

This is my favorite option. Other than Jupiter (which is handled by Warning), this kills the Fairy deck. LV 4 DARK/Machine, if you run Black Salvo. This is the best option for that particular matchup. Stops Kristya and Hyperion entirely, as well as Venus shenanigans. Not as good in Worms, Hero Beat matchups.

It is double-edged so no Formula Synchron for both players.

Light Imprisoning Mirror

Doesn't stop Kristya but works on the others. Hyperion is still easily summonable 2700 ATK.This is far too obvious and I expect them to side in Dust Tornado, Malevolent Catastrophe, etc.

Dirk:p    1427

This card was already in most Samurai Extra Decks and I think it should definitely be in a majority of Extra Decks, as long as the CAN summon a level 10.

AOJ Quarantine

This is my favorite option. Other than Jupiter (which is handled by Warning), this kills the Fairy deck. LV 4 DARK/Machine, if you run Black Salvo. This is the best option for that particular matchup. Stops Kristya and Hyperion entirely, as well as Venus shenanigans. Not as good in Worms, Hero Beat matchups.

It is double-edged so no Formula Synchron for both players.

it also loses to honest, zeradias, any non-light synch, reborn, and any protection, compared to the s/t removal lim loses to.

lim also has higher utility in the side since it fucks over worms and ls all the same.

tbh I don't even think lim is the best option, I just think monsters that need to attack or have their summon resolved are the worst options 99% of the time (the only exceptions being dyna, raiou, and banisher, for obvious reasons), which is why I think ally salvo is probably the best monster option you listed.

»Sharpman    4801

Ally salvo seems like he'd just get sparkd/ offeringd/ hyperiond all the time, not to mention crossout if your opponent sides it

fractal    2488

I think it's a toss-up between Core Destroyer and Quarantine. Quarantine is probably the better overall meta choice, given that it can stop Fabled/Hyperion/Kristya, but Core Destroyer gets around Honest and bigger Lights, and can deal with Lights that are already on board. It'd go with Core Destroyer, and in an Agent/Worm heavy meta, I'd also add in LIM.

Storm Wolf    1205

People need to discuss if this card is worth a slot in the Extra Deck other than discussing other Ally of Justice cards.

why? that discussion isn't any fun.

either you have the room (and can feasibly summon it) or you don't, and either the light matchup is important to you or it's not.

Storm Wolf    1205

Well I was mainly wondering how effective would Decisive Armor be against Agents if you were to play it and if its effectiveness would be worth finding room for. Agents are going to become the most popular Light deck during Nationals Season so this becomes relevant for deck building.

Well I was mainly wondering how effective would Decisive Armor be against Agents if you were to play it and if its effectiveness would be worth finding room for. Agents are going to become the most popular Light deck during Nationals Season so this becomes relevant for deck building.

how bad is your light matchup?

do you have room for it?

can you feasibly summon it?

are there more important cards to include in your extra (ones that are generally also "filler" like cfd)?

assuming you only expect light to be popular, not a difficult matchup, how often do you win against them as it is?

Storm Wolf    1205

how bad is your light matchup?

do you have room for it?

can you feasibly summon it?

are there more important cards to include in your extra (ones that are generally also "filler" like cfd)?

assuming you only expect light to be popular, not a difficult matchup, how often do you win against them as it is?

I guess I am going to have to play test to find out for myself

Storm Wolf    1205

if all else fails, you can always put it in the side

It would be pointless to include Decisive Armor in the Side Deck if it is not doing well against the popular Light decks of the format. The Side Deck is also tight for room so it gets difficult to fit in Extra Deck cards.

Shaman    531

I can just imagine bringing this out first turn vs LS and they discard 2 Judgment Dragon and Wulf...

Kahlil    806

I'm gonna run this with infernities. Last effect is too amazing, especially with agents getting big.

»Tygo    14120

Check that sidedeck tech.