Final_Vent

YGO General Finance Thread (ask questions about shit here)

boots88    124

Kuraz was a common in one of the starter decks right?

I know it interrupts the opponent when you summon Aither but I really think the card is just dreadful.

It's the only good target for Aither's effect.

soooo why is night dragolich spiking in price?

It's a side deck card in the OCG. Not a staple, just something that sees enough play. It might not see play here. If anything there will be a random top, it will spike and then nobody will really care.

It's not an enabler or a combo piece and it doesn't stop you from playing YGO so it's not the best card to pick up.

Berdversary    181
Night Dragolich doesn't trigger Notice or Infinity so it's sided for going second to break those boards. It outright loses to Pleiades however.
  • Upvote 1

Ostaph    73

What about the potential of XYZ Encore? No low-rare reprint and an instant out to Cydra Infinity. Could reach 10,- regions...

Bref    276

What about the potential of XYZ Encore? No low-rare reprint and an instant out to Cydra Infinity. Could reach 10,- regions...

Might as well run Kaijus, does the same thing but risk-free (a worthless vanilla is better than a Nova with Infinity returning to the extra).

Careyious    21

Thinking of picking up Mermails in case BOSH proves to be too retarded expensive and selling all my Ignisters, Lusters, and all those wonderfully over-priced cards. I was thinking of getting maximum rarity on everything except the remarkably expensive Ultimate Rare stuff for hopefully around $100, is this a good price?

Similarly an Ivory Spellgrounds for 65AUD, I feel like while I'm going to use it a lot, I'm partially picking it up because it should appreciate over time, is this good/bad/retarded?

The Ween    237
Spheres and lindes are no longer 3 ofs so I wouldn't drop too much on them. Best cards now would be secret megalo, high rarity atlanteans and teus, and possibly dt undine.

boots88    124

Why is ignight reload $28 on tcgplayer?

because stupid shit is always getting hyped or bought out by people on the internet and it doesn't help that there's not much supply because DOCS is a bad set no-one wants to open.

Putting combo pieces back into the deck isn't that great. Yes there are some interactions where you need to put stuff back into the deck, ie putting snake back to add it with feral imp but it's definitely not selling for anywhere near $30... The card isn't optimal. If you can sell them for $25+ then go nuts because you won't be able to for long.

brighteyes    2150

Norito the Moral Leader shot up as well

dexer008    805

How easy is it to buy a deck for a event then ship it off for same investment then after? Going to need lots of cards to compete next format but BOSH/ all these secret rares are going to burn at least over$300-$400 for sets of cards such as eccentic, ghost ogre, luster pendulum etc

citrus    21

Someone keeps buying out psyframelord - omega

Maybe they're salty that their first Omegas dropped below $30 apiece.

brighteyes    2150

idk but that guy is a solid 50 right now.

iFocus    309

well new ygo will depend on gold series and the rest of cards in bosh if we get the elder girl or azza either makes you need void dreams for the noid combo or like double ptolomus xyz.

Sess    280

Saw this on the yugioh reddit, but seems like someone bought out all the frightur sabre tooth and then listed them for much higher prices. Notice the instant spike on their chart. It is still around 10 on ebay. 

http://shop.tcgplayer.com/yugioh/dimension-of-chaos/frightfur-sabre-tooth

This is getting ridiculous, hopefully this guy gets wrecked by supply and demand.

citrus    21

Saw this on the yugioh reddit, but seems like someone bought out all the frightur sabre tooth and then listed them for much higher prices. Notice the instant spike on their chart. It is still around 10 on ebay. 

This is getting ridiculous, hopefully this guy gets wrecked by supply and demand.

In any case, eBay is showing that people are buying them up.  I have no idea what could be making it good right now, but might as well take advantage of the going price.

boots88    124

In any case, eBay is showing that people are buying them up.  I have no idea what could be making it good right now, but might as well take advantage of the going price.

People don't think, they just buy.

Didn't realize secret Psi-Blocker was $15 now

This is what it was at the last time it was hyped. The common print will stop it from going much higher.

citrus    21

This is what it was at the last time it was hyped. The common print will stop it from going much higher.

Noob question: Where does the hype come from?  Did it top somewhere?

Rhongomyniad    62

Noob question: Where does the hype come from?  Did it top somewhere?

It didnt Top as far as I remember.
But it seems useful when Bosh arrives, for Pepe.
It can take care of terrorist cards like Anti-Spell Fragance, and the Monarch Field Spell, while alse being a Lv4 that can be used for Sync/Xyz Summon inmediately after.

Fullerene60    382

Hoban used 2 copies (side) in his efficient magician+performage+good cards deck.
A couple people used it a the liles tourney as well.

brighteyes    2150
I hate what ygo has become.

We are now referring to floodgates as "terrorist cards."
  • Upvote 1

I hate what ygo has become.

We are now referring to floodgates as "terrorist cards."

i'm pretty sure this has been a thing for at least 3-4 years

knives1990    262
Hell I remember reading a tournament report from redsoxhater and he referred to his own Qliphort deck as terrorist