Final_Vent

YGO General Finance Thread (ask questions about shit here)

boots88    124
On 25/04/2016 at 1:56 PM, iSlickz said:

Tempted to stock up on Cards of Demise. Have a feeling once the potential of the card is realized (qli player topped arg running 3 today) and set stops being sold they will inevitably shoot up

Meta-relevant cards are going to plummet in value after the middle of June when everyone moves to dump their decks because the season will be over. There will be a healthy supply of MIL1 until then but if you want to after US Nats will be the best time to pick them up.

Even if they go up they will still drop when everything else does.

boots88    124
On 24/04/2016 at 4:02 PM, SageRhapsody said:

Why any of those cards exactly?

Drago is being hyped because of BEWD. It's used in the OCG and people have been buying them out for weeks.

Sphere of Chaos because of hype in Zodiac and it's a way to search out cherry blossom.

Pretty sure he mentioned Igknight Reload because Jeff Jones topped using 2 in magicians but the card won't rise that much. There's just too many $15-$20 cards in magician/performapal decks to have a card like Igknight reload rise significantly and the deck won't see widespread play like BA/PK Fire, Monarchs and Kozmo.

ibGehring+    1409
1 hour ago, boots88 said:

Meta-relevant cards are going to plummet in value after the middle of June when everyone moves to dump their decks because the season will be over. There will be a healthy supply of MIL1 until then but if you want to after US Nats will be the best time to pick them up.

Even if they go up they will still drop when everything else does.

I wouldn't say there is a health supply of MIL1 as the product is a complete dud and sites/players will not actively be opening it. Unless you are hitting 2 Demise in every box its almost always a negative. So yeah, I highly doubt "healthy supply" is a correct statement, especially when most sites are already sold out. I cannot see them restocking this product, other than trade ins. If anything, its the one card that can go UP in the long term regardless of the season drop off due to low supply, and likely 0 reprint (due to the nature of the card).

Mr Dragon    312

Left Arm Offering will also have some degenerate potential at some point too, as far as MIL1 cards go.

• Upvote 1

boots88    124
20 hours ago, ibGehring+ said:

I wouldn't say there is a health supply of MIL1 as the product is a complete dud and sites/players will not actively be opening it. Unless you are hitting 2 Demise in every box its almost always a negative. So yeah, I highly doubt "healthy supply" is a correct statement, especially when most sites are already sold out. I cannot see them restocking this product, other than trade ins. If anything, its the one card that can go UP in the long term regardless of the season drop off due to low supply, and likely 0 reprint (due to the nature of the card).

I'd say they first part is true, but when you've got 6 ultras per box as well as all the roleplayer cards vendors have an incentive to open boxes when they're paying around $15 a box. That's what sites like realgoodeal love to do and they can saturate the secondary market for weeks.

If someone was bought out card of demise today instead of in a few weeks time then vendors would just open product because they wouldn't be selling boxes and would still have a lot of product warming shelves.

It will definitely rise in the long term but I don't consider the 2 months before Nats to be "long-term". If you want them then give it a few more weeks because it's just too early to buy them. If people actually start topping with or playing things like Qliphort then that's a different story but if you think Qliphorts will see play go buy Qliphort Stealth as well. If the deck is viable stealth won't stay at $1.

9 hours ago, Mr Dragon said:

Left Arm Offering will also have some degenerate potential at some point too, as far as MIL1 cards go.

Holding Legs is the more flexible card, I'd rather grab those but if you're happy to wait 1-2 months there are better cards to buy.

Edit -  approx. $35 a box, not $15. The larger vendors can get them for less and then state tax can make prices vary. If distributors don't have a lot of demand for the set though they'll just end up discounting it.

ibGehring+    1409

Distributors pay more than $15 a box. A vendor definitely pays more than that...

»Satchmo    3220

I definitely think that Holding Legs has much less potential for degeneracy than a card that can search any broken enabler/kill spell in the game ala Reasoning and Soul Charge

boots88    124
44 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I definitely think that Holding Legs has much less potential for degeneracy than a card that can search any broken enabler/kill spell in the game ala Reasoning and Soul Charge

Then you buy them when the metagame changes for there to be a need to search out any spell that's worth being -2 for.

Left Arm Offering does not reflect good deck building. More often than not it will sit in your hand doing nothing because the other cards in your hand are more useful than the one card you could search and even if you use it there's going to be times when you awkwardly commit to your board and overextend. There's definitely situations where it could be useful but they're exceptions rather than the rule. Decks in this game already have absurd amounts of search power and are so consistent that Left Arm Offering doesn't necessarily make decks better. Maybe future releases will change this but if you want to use this logic there are dozens of better cards to buy that could potentially go up. 

boots88    124

Actually, I'm completely wrong regarding Card of Demise. I'd buy them now.

• Upvote 3

brighteyes    2150

RIP people that didn't buy Card of Demise.

NB96    849

How much would a used Ascension Sky Dragon playmat sell for? Not sure what to value mine. I tried looking it up on Ebay but my search results only turn up the card not the playmat.

brighteyes    2150

Super Terraformings... whew.

timmytlaa    59
53 minutes ago, brighteyes said:

Super Terraformings... whew.

Yeah they jumped super high.. Herald of Pure Light did as well, so thanks to whoever suggested picking a few of them up for a buck. :)

Phantasm    250
9 hours ago, SpiceWeasel said:

is getting dark lady at 45 a good deal. will it drop more it likely jump?

There's quite a few online for under 40.

boots88    124
20 hours ago, SpiceWeasel said:

is getting dark lady at 45 a good deal. will it drop more it likely jump?

Nope, it can only drop.

The new rarity distribution makes things too easy to get.

Then June 17 the SE will come out and make it drop even more, by then the end of season drop off will be in effect as well.

boots88    124

Alsei is about to jump. A lot of the supply on TCGPlayer has disappeared.

Also this is old news, but Ally of Justice Cycle Reader is one of the most commonly sided cards against BEWD in the OCG. If you're under the assumption that we're going to get Alternate Dragon in the movie pack then you might want to get a set.

DaX    178
59 minutes ago, boots88 said:

Alsei is about to jump.

why?

Me.    58
13 minutes ago, DaX said:

why?

Because

1 hour ago, boots88 said:

A lot of the supply on TCGPlayer has disappeared.

DaX    178

What applications does it have in the current meta?

Nate1080    1225

Generic rank eight removal for blue-eyes.

Me.    58

I don't know how relevant it is, but xyz monarch can trigger it on the opponent's turn with ehther.

AlMacuby    96

It's played in some Blue-Eyes and XYZ Monarch decks. So yes it does have applications in the current and expected future format.

Sanjura    6663

why in the everliving fuck is gae dearg over $50 and why are dragunity cards rising