Final_Vent

YGO General Finance Thread (ask questions about shit here)

Arksyn    16

If you let him know what both ends are worth and he was still okay with it then it's fine but still kinda scummy lol

»ACP    33421

So dudes, are there any really sick black friday deals coming up (for either YGO or MTG)? In the past, I recall there being some insane deals on various kinds of sealed product to the point where you could just wait a month and make free money.

Candela    546

What's a good way to order foreigns cards online? I want to buy some foreign Ixchels because they're way cheaper. 

buckwheatloaf    204

german cards are the most prevalent on cardmarket and german ebay sometimes (not nearly as much as italian ebay but sometimes) has good deals. so i got a mailbox in germany from here https://www.mailbox-germany.com/en

its $10 to set up and very easy to use and stuff. you pay $1-$2.5 for each item they store for u. $1 for standard envelope $2.5 for a thick one. also they can do many things like send pictures etc of the items for free if u desire. and you can combine shipping for $1 each per item. for registered mail with good tracking and stuff its $14. so when i had 15 items combined and shipped to me the total fees  came out to $50ish.

my only major exploitation of this was to get all the different dimension grounds from cardmarket. otherwise its only gonna be sensible if you want a lot of copies of something that is far cheaper in europe. 

SpiceWeasel    19

Why has the fire true king jumped so high yet the water one hasn't really jumped at all? Also is now the best time to sell both or will they jump more when MACR comes out?

Nate1080    1225

True King Dino hype. The Dino structure being a few days away. They play about 3 Fire and rarely any Water.

Also, Fire is much harder to find (especially in playsets) than the Water. People are hoarding them, and combined with hype, forcing the price to go up.

I would unload it between now and sneak peek for max profit personally.

What are the best places to buy cards online for you ? I want to buy some stuff in US print (i'm from europe, so shipping is a huge part of this question) and dont want to miss out on a good shop because i have no idea where to look tbh.

What are the best places to buy cards online for you ? I want to buy some stuff in US print (i'm from europe, so shipping is a huge part of this question) and dont want to miss out on a good shop because i have no idea where to look tbh.

loads of people complaining about skewed rarities. 

Seems Diagram and Ash are much lower printings than Zarc etc. So x3 Ash and 3 Diagram will set you back a nifty £450 ish for just 6 cards.  then you got barriers, strikes, desires, demises, inflted truekings, are people really still going ahead with literally burning their cash like this?

The boxes seem to be pure lottery in the sense that Gold Rare Crush was. Master piece is like £30 ish 

Yeah screw that for a game of soldiers, 2nd market needs to crash hard really. Been comfortably out of the game for a  while and with prices  and distribution strategies by komoney like this see no reason to re enter. 

Will stick to online and casual pub play for some time to come.

Edited by Ultimate Buffalo

Nate1080    1225

As soon as I saw Diagram secret, I sold all my True King and Dino shit. Got $100 for it, not bad for a deck/set of cards that I only spent $25 on.

I decided it wasn't worth dropping cash or fighting with pseudo vendors for it right now, considering other more important obligations in my life. Sucks because I really wanted to play the deck in real life.

Also (another reason) I find it hard to justify dropping loads cash on cards right now with Links right around the corner. I expect a banlist shake up to follow suit when they come TCG side, no telling what can happen with Konami.

buckwheatloaf    204

diagram and ghost ash is not really burning cash cuz its almost sure they will be 2 of the most played cards until at least december or something. you can buy them, use them for 6 months, and then get most of your money back. its not like either will be dropping under 60 any time soon.

u should be able to open paypal credit (they start u out with $750 credit) and put a playset of each on there. any purchase over $100 is 6 months no interest, so u can play with them for 5 months, sell them and pay off (most) of the paypal credit.

or there is credit cards that you give u $150 cash back when u spend 500+ in the first 3 months, but you have to pay those off faster to avoid interest. 

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/freedom-unlimited?CELL=6H8X&AFFID=EhraRx8K_BE-amKvqfqjs4YzThPHI3BJxA&pvid=1bd784b3507a4d5cb39e8f331e6f5763&jp_cmp=cc/477153/aff/3-10002694/na

not to mention the megapack will devalue the prices of old stuff so it will make the new stuff (diagram ghost ash) stay very expensive. 

Nate1080    1225

That's cool, but I'm really saying that any potential banlist that happens around when Links drop (I'd be shocked if a list didn't drop soon after Links do) can change things, thus there's too much risk to dropping cash on cards even if they're new or might see play for a while right now until at least after the first Links booster drops (there's no guarantees; Konami doesn't care if its new, they're known to fuck with shit).

Also, TCG exclusives are a real factor to consider. The ultimate wild cards imo. They can be BA level of influence or Subterror level or something in between, who knows? Basically buying Yugi during the spring/summer months is a huge gamble, because fall might just fuck shit up.

"until december"

Even 'renting'  cards is insane though, You are still rightly or wrongly dropping a Monkey for 6 cards, when

you have Car, rent, Holidays and other things it could be better spent. Few bob here and there sure. £500 though ???? seriously? when does it realistically end?  Ballers scalpers vendors etc just take the ygo community for a free ride.

getting into potential credit card debt over a game? no ta. been debt free since college.

But generally speaking, things ARE NOT THAT BAD at the moment

Invoker reprint ( so that is - $50 right there ) the zoodiac stuff is fairly reachable. 

Decks as a whole are not that crazy, but its like, you have to drop $50 on a specific engine of like 4 cards, then if you build on them

it adds up. But things across the board are not really too bad, but it is just the core staples that are too meta defining that are still high on the cards. 

MACR stuff is crashing hard, Master piece is already $20, most of everything is affordable except the 2 bombs, but those bombs just swing the game too hard, that is the issue really. You can get away with running specific cards and engines pretty affordable like, but without the game changers like Desires and whatnot you just fall too far behind.

When it comes to links we need cards and design that influence that, We can't afford to keep having a game where like 4 cards define the entire direction games go in.

Edited by Ultimate Buffalo