Pengwan

Have A Question? Ask it here.

.Slick    18

anyone know when the next banlist is supposedly to come out for the tcg? It's supposed to be april 1st from what I understand

Honest    12

Is there a decent active chat room for either general Yugioh discussion, or (more importantly IMO) ruling discussion.  Back in the day there were the YVD related IRC channels, with Corpse and the others available for real time ruling discussion.  DN chat is aids not to mention very difficult to read because of the Web page design.  Is there anything better?

Koldhearted    2

is there anywhere i can go to find decklists from 2005 or banlists/errattas?

my LGS is holding a 2005 yugioh tournament and i wanna play in it so damn bad :/

Wumbologist    14204
22 minutes ago, Koldhearted said:

is there anywhere i can go to find decklists from 2005 or banlists/errattas?

my LGS is holding a 2005 yugioh tournament and i wanna play in it so damn bad :/

http://formatlibrary.weebly.com/apr-2005---goat

http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/forum/640-past-formats/

mark    3105

Don't really see the need for this topic to be pinned anymore, most things can either be easily found, asked in the relevant threads or be made topics for. 

Forlum    9162

whats the new hot shit? where can I find easy to view set spoilers? org site seems cool but too much non-card stuff 

»Satchmo    3220

The wiki would be the best place for that.

Zoodiac is the new hot shit, but there's also Eidolon variants that are pretty effective.

»JC.    4971

If I wanted to post a thread about the mobile game Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links, would General Grounds be the place to talk about it? I assume things like Deck Garage are only for the main TCG and not free mobile games based on speed duels using cards basically from duelist kingdom.

mark    3105
1 hour ago, JC. said:

If I wanted to post a thread about the mobile game Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links, would General Grounds be the place to talk about it? I assume things like Deck Garage are only for the main TCG and not free mobile games based on speed duels using cards basically from duelist kingdom.

For now, it's best to make one thread in general groundz for all duel links-related stuff. If it's big and active enough that you need more, we'll see from there. 

• Upvote 1

The Ween    237

When did the yugioh section become markgroundz?

That is all.

mark    3105
4 hours ago, The Ween said:

When did the yugioh section become markgroundz?

That is all.

15 July 2015 according to yugioh wikia. 

Hi there, so i have recently gotten back into yugioh and have had a bit of trouble understanding the whole link summoning thing. I've done a bit of research but am confused with some of the summoning conditions

Question 1:

Link material= number of effect monster in your control needed to summon the link monster (right?)

Question 2:

do some conditions supersede link summon material? This is mainly being asked in the case of firewall dragon

latest?cb=20170731001427

it says link-4; so four effect monster right?

but the 2+ monsters at the top of description would imply that only two are needed??????

300?cb=20170731001253

this is another card i have that confounds me, again the same thing as firewall dragon the 2+ monsters (duh they'd have to be Gouki types) so id only need the 2 listed instead of 3 to summon?

im just so confused

please help

20 hours ago, Charmcaster17 said:

Hi there, so i have recently gotten back into yugioh and have had a bit of trouble understanding the whole link summoning thing. I've done a bit of research but am confused with some of the summoning conditions

Question 1:

Link material= number of effect monster in your control needed to summon the link monster (right?)

Question 2:

do some conditions supersede link summon material? This is mainly being asked in the case of firewall dragon

latest?cb=20170731001427

but the 2+ monsters at the top of description would imply that only two are needed??????

300?cb=20170731001253

this is another card i have that confounds me, again the same thing as firewall dragon the 2+ monsters (duh they'd have to be Gouki types) so id only need the 2 listed instead of 3 to summon?

im just so confused

please help

The "link-X" bit in the bottom right corner is just denoting the number of arrows, not the number of mons you need to summon it. Think of it more like a property of the mon (eg type/attr). You don't need to use eff monsters, any will do - even tokens.

Helpful links:

http://www.yugioh-card.com/uk/gameplay/detail.php?id=3254

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Link_Summon

https://ygorganization.com/ekisotorarinkuexclamationpoint/

20 hours ago, Charmcaster17 said:

Question 1:

Question 2:

latest?cb=20170731001427

300?cb=20170731001253

im just so confused

please help

the updated rulebook from the latest structure decks explains it well. basically...

1. a monsters link rating is how many non link monsters are needed to summon it, as well as an indication of how many link arrows it has

2. using a link monster for a link summon you can treat it as the same number of monsters as its link score

Scenario: you want Decode talker, a Link 3 monster. it Requires 2+ effect monsters, this means you can 

A. use 3 effect monsters (or xyz, synchro etc)

B. Use a link 2 monster + 1 effect monster in this case the link 2 counts as 2 monsters due to its link rating

to perform a link summon just send the correct monsters from the field, to the graveyard (or remove them from the field if they are tokens) then summon it from your extra deck. though be aware of the new Extra Zone rules. 

Adamonkey    0

Question:

I have an xzy card called "Odd-eyes Rebellion Dragon" that is also a pendulum monster. The effect says "If you can pendulum summon level 7, you can pendulum summon this face up card in your extra deck". This has caused a few arguments in duels because I've been told that I need to summon it using the xyz conditions first. So can I start with this card face up in the extra deck?

• Wow 1

+Sophocles    3074
1 minute ago, Adamonkey said:

Question:

I have an xzy card called "Odd-eyes Rebellion Dragon" that is also a pendulum monster. The effect says "If you can pendulum summon level 7, you can pendulum summon this face up card in your extra deck". This has caused a few arguments in duels because I've been told that I need to summon it using the xyz conditions first. So can I start with this card face up in the extra deck?

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Odd-Eyes_Rebellion_Dragon

At the start of the Duel, "Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon" is placed face-down in your Extra Deck like any other Xyz Monster. A face-down "Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon" in your Extra Deck cannot be Pendulum Summoned, but it can be Xyz Summoned using 2 Level 7 Dragon-Type monsters as Xyz Materials. After being Xyz Summoned, if it is destroyed on the field and added face-up to your Extra Deck, it cannot be Xyz Summoned, but if you can Pendulum Summon Level 7, you can Pendulum Summon "Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon".

• Upvote 1

Adamonkey    0
12 minutes ago, Sophocles said:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Odd-Eyes_Rebellion_Dragon

At the start of the Duel, "Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon" is placed face-down in your Extra Deck like any other Xyz Monster. A face-down "Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon" in your Extra Deck cannot be Pendulum Summoned, but it can be Xyz Summoned using 2 Level 7 Dragon-Type monsters as Xyz Materials. After being Xyz Summoned, if it is destroyed on the field and added face-up to your Extra Deck, it cannot be Xyz Summoned, but if you can Pendulum Summon Level 7, you can Pendulum Summon "Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon".

That's what I thought. Thanks!