Sign in to follow this  
Giovi

Time to get a new car

Giovi    1

Basically long story short some drunk guy rear ended me at like 70mph, my car basically became shit and I need a new car. I am opting to buy something new but thanks to living in Puerto Rico car prices here are much elevated. My dream car would be a subaru wrx 2011 which I found quoted online for 25.5k as the msrp, I already knew due to the high taxes here it would cost me roughly 30k in PR but whatnot I have a full time job so i could manage, needless to say when i went to the subaru car dealer here, my car is running at 37k due there being even more taxes for the car being awd =(, so now I have my eye on the Scion tc 2011 model which runs for 25k here. Any thoughts on this car, it's basically the most sport looking car that I know that is good on fuel economy and dependability since scion is toyota after all. Thoughts on this car and what not, I am opting on taking the manual 6 speed one in the white color and installling the premium audio system with the touch screen radio as well as some other extras that the scion offers.6835384_1.jpg

+rei+    34352

tC isn't a bad car at all, it works pretty well, it gets shit because it has the same engine as the Camry, but the Camry is a bigass heavy car and the tC...isnt. For a cheap, sporty naturally aspirated car its solid, I just dont like that its frontwheel drive

Cosmic    89

Shit I'm buying an 08 scion tc from the states. For 8k..

I live on st. Thomas virgin islands btw giovi! Hi neighbor!!

Giovi    1

rei- Yeah the new 2011 tc comes equipped with as 6 speed tranny, makes it a little more fun to drive at least in my personal view since I love short shifts, and as for the front wheel drive, what can I say my previous car was a mitsubishi so yeah it has sort of grown on me already, but overall as you stated it's a solid car for the price.v

Cosmic- Yeah lol, only problem is my importation taxes are higher than yours =( otherwise I would have a sti and god knows what else by now XD

Giovi    1

Cosmic- www.clasificadosonline.com is your best bet thats where everybody posts their used cars and the used car dealers as well,

AD- Yeah if it wasnt for the high price inflations here I would be getting a subaru but at the 25k price range thats the best I can get here.

Model    864

Don't get a scion tc if you're expecting a sports car plox.

Giovi    1

Sport car looking =/= sport car, I am very well aware of it's performance, if I wanted a sport car or performance wise I would go with the subaru sti (but it would have to be used it costs 45k+ here)

AD- I live in Puerto Rico, importation taxes fucks up car prices here basically otherwise I would be rolling in a subaru right now.