Sign in to follow this  
Projector

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Supercharged

Projector    507

So I bought a used Grand Prix back in April, and I've been driving it since, but I've come across a few problems.

- When I got the car, there was very low washer fluid in it, but the Low Washer Fluid light was not on. So eventually it actually ran out. So I filled it up, AND THEN the Low Washer Fluid light came on, and it's been on ever since. It's the strangest thing as It's definitely full. Is there some way to reset the indicator?

- The 6 Disc CD Changer that the car came with malfunctioned a few weeks ago. It's giving me a "PLAYER ERROR" message when I try to play a CD, and I am unable to eject any of the CDs. It's getting rather annoying as the radio is horrible where I'm from. Any idea how to at least save my CDs?

Those seem to be the most basic, possible, problems I've having. Other ones such as my "OBDII Reader" errors are probably beyond the scope of abilities. Cylinder 5 Misfire Detected anyone?

But yeah, can anyone shed any light on my problems? Thanks.

illumanati    0

buy a single cd player. the fluid light isnt a big deal, i mean its nothing important so i wouldnt worry about.

Projector    507

Well it's more so that it's annoying, so I was wondering if there is some way to turn it off, or maybe the sensor is just busted?

And surely there has got to be a way to fix the CD player?

to reset any error your car gives you, you can disconnect both battery terminals (positive first) and then reconnect them (negative first) about 30 seconds later. this should delete temporary memory in the cars computer, ie reboot it. it will give you the same error codes if they occur again after the engine has gone through a few cycles.

i am unsure if there is an actual sensor for the washer fluid that is easily replaceable, but either way it is not a big deal.

if you are experiencing a misfire on cylinder 5, it could be 4 things i can think of off the top of my head: bad spark plug, spark plug wire, coil, or fuel injector. you may want to troubleshoot it in that order as it goes from cheapest to most expensive.

if your car has the type of coil on it that connects to multiple cylinders through one unit, you can probably skip that check because if the coil went bad you would have multiple cylinder misfires.

There is a fluid level sensor on the reservoir that you can replace and would most likely solve your problem. I don't know if its serviceable or not (if you need to buy a new reservoir that comes with the sensor), though I doubt it.

Not worth fixing the CD player imo, replace with an aftermarket one and try and get the CDs out after you take it out.

Guy above me is pretty much right on the misfire code. Probably should start with a tuneup (plugs, wires etc). Replace the coil pack if you still don't have spark. Probably isn't an injector problem if you don't have a DTC triggered for it (but if you have a parts store code reader you might not see it.)

Projector    507

There is a fluid level sensor on the reservoir that you can replace and would most likely solve your problem. I don't know if its serviceable or not (if you need to buy a new reservoir that comes with the sensor), though I doubt it.

Not worth fixing the CD player imo, replace with an aftermarket one and try and get the CDs out after you take it out.

Guy above me is pretty much right on the misfire code. Probably should start with a tuneup (plugs, wires etc) and work your way up. Replace the coil for cylinder 5/whatever its companion is last. Probably isn't an injector problem if you don't have a DTC triggered for it (but if you have a parts store code reader you might not see it.)

Theres been times when I drive my car that the acceleration feels a bit slow. And when I accelerate to around 85km p/hr the "Check Engine" light starts blinking. Do you think this could be related to my Cylinder 5 Misfire?