Gary Oak

Barclays Premier League

Faint    5619

I think we desperately need a new RCB, Skrtel and Toure are both huge liabilities defensively. 

Aaron    1979

hmm skrtel has been excellent this season but toure needs to go. 

sakho looks like a liability and i honestly thing agger will never really become a top class CB... injuries have just ruined his career of reaching the true top tier.

cash in on agger, continue to develop sakho and buy a new more composed CB next to skrtel.

our whole defence, flanno aside, is basically a collection of defenders who are defensively all suspect. 

agger -  aerially shit

skrtel - prone to losing his head, being a dumbass

sakho - shit at trapping the ball, rushes out of defence, can get caught out, can go through 2 minute spells of dire composure on ball

johnson - awful defendsive 3 month dips in form

enrique - same as johnson 

of course they all have positives too.. but to have a collection of senior defenders and none of them be solid in the mould of even a baines or jagielka is really horrible. 

we need to strengthen our options in midfield too.. a few versatile aquisitions would be excellent business to fill in the midfield + and wide men roles. i see suso + borini able to provide adequete forward backup but in the middle, we are thin. lucas is a great backup for the holding midfield role but further forward, hes useless as proven in the last few games. henderson is now intregral to us and we need someone to push him forward and compete with him. 

we also need an excellent deep lying playmaker to cover for stevie and provide compeititon elsewhere on the pitch because thats obviously what gerrard is for us now. 

upfront we can do with selling aspas if he wants out.. don't blame the guy if he does. if he does go, we need to buy a new striker. 

Aaron    1979

obviously this is retarded but if lukaku was up for grabs, i would buy him in a heartbeat regardless of what club i managed. 

under the right manager, he will be a phenomenon. 

Faint    5619

You're underrating Sakho massively, I think he's a HUGE step up from Agger. Need a big RCB to take Skrtels place, he's just put too many in his own net/had too many defensive fuckups. If Illori was a year older he'd be perfect, but chances are he'll go out on loan next season for one more year. Agree with everything else that you said though.

Thing is if we had Lukaku, he'd have to play as a backup striker - quite simply, he's worse than Suarez/Sturridge. I think Lukaku to spurs or arsenal would be a fantastic move for him though. 

I don't think Lucas is great backup at all, I think he's been our worse squad player all season (and I'm including Johnson and Toure in this!). He's not had a single good game, and I'd sell him in a heartbeat if a £5million offer came in. We need a strong CDM/Box to Box midfielder for the case of Henderson getting injured, as we sorely lacked that when Hendo was out for 3 games (which was what ultimately cost us the title!). For this, I really wouldn't mind Lallana, he can fill that role well (his defensive work is underrated). Failing that, I'd look at Javi Martinez as a costly option, maybe Mascherano back (though barca are unlikely to sell...), and Wanyama from southampton. 

Only issue with Lallana is that I think Coutinho is better than him in basically every possible way, so it wouldn't really be improving what we have, just making it worse.

Aaron    1979

lol.. lucas is one of the best DMs... selling him for 5M is retarded.

nah, sakho looks sick but you evidently haven't watched him. in posession he can pick a pass but his trapping of the ball and the ammount of slips he makes is really worrying. needs more composure on the ball. his cleansheet record with skrtel is TERRIBLE compared to aggers. 

Illori in the highlights i've watched looks absolutely sick but hes light weight ATM. would love for him to be with us next season and learn his trade in the cup games and a backup fullback. 

honestly we do need a good CDM to backup stevie because we obv want a DMFs to play with the ball expansively. but box to box wise.. we need a 10/goal a season midfielder. someone to make the runs into the box and get on the ends of shit. 

yeah luakaku for his sake shouldn't come here but for our clubs sake, imagine options of suarez/sturridge/lukaku. i honestly think to win the league u need 3 excellent strikers. with an injury record like sturridges, its not really unthinkable we'd invest in a striker (obv lukaku is a dream, odds of us getting him is like 2%) 

Faint    5619

lol.. lucas is one of the best DMs... selling him for 5M is retarded.

nah, sakho looks sick but you evidently haven't watched him. in posession he can pick a pass but his trapping of the ball and the ammount of slips he makes is really worrying. needs more composure on the ball. his cleansheet record with skrtel is TERRIBLE compared to aggers. 

Illori in the highlights i've watched looks absolutely sick but hes light weight ATM. would love for him to be with us next season and learn his trade in the cup games and a backup fullback. 

honestly we do need a good CDM to backup stevie because we obv want a DMFs to play with the ball expansively. but box to box wise.. we need a 10/goal a season midfielder. someone to make the runs into the box and get on the ends of shit. 

yeah luakaku for his sake shouldn't come here but for our clubs sake, imagine options of suarez/sturridge/lukaku. i honestly think to win the league u need 3 excellent strikers. with an injury record like sturridges, its not really unthinkable we'd invest in a striker (obv lukaku is a dream, odds of us getting him is like 2%) 

lucas has been appalling for us this season, you're maybe thinking of 2 years ago lucas who was sick, but he's been subpar compared to all of our midfielders this year. sakho is what 23/24 though? you cant compare sakho/skrtel with agger/skrtel, especially given it was always skrtel making all of the cock ups. agger is better on the ball but shit in the air, sakho just hoofs it upfield but is great in the air. in a BR system you really dont need ball playing cbs, you just need people who can get it clear, then our energy in midfield / forward line mean we can chase the ball down in the opponents half. basically sakho > agger (i still think we should keep both though) and we need to get a new rcb to replace skrtel.

haha yeah lukaku is the dream, just would never happen :( as i said, i'd love muriel, or even danny ings!!!!

alex song wont be available just because barca have a transfer ban for 2 windows after this one, so they wont be selling anyone :(

Aaron    1979

sakho doesnt hoof the ball up field. he is great at picking a forward pass. his problem is falling after he passes. 

yeah you're right to an extent.. but being fair to lucas, hes been injured again and played out of position in a box to box role where he simply lacks the mobility and experience. not to mention when he has played holding midfield, hes been great. 

you can easily compare skrtel/sakho to skrtel/agger.

which skrtel have you been watching this season? hes made a few errors but skrtel has been our BEST defender by far apart from his shirt pulling on set pieces and the odd mistake. sakho has hardly even played due to injury etc. he hasn't even clocked 20 league apps. 

barca appealed their transfer ban so until the jury acknowledges who is in the right or wrong, they can buy and sell :). 

Aaron    1979

completely disagree btw, we need ball playing CBs for sure. yes sometimes the long ball to a counterattack does catch teams our with hendo + stevie busting a gut, sterling's excellent pace but it will be hugely predictable after a while. 

Gooner    6

Match of the Day was talking about Man United fans are crying about the penalty kick lol. They also mentioned themself that it was not a penalty kick.

This is a mistake. The ref was SPOT ON. Shoulder to shoulder IS allowed. It is NOT a faul. Its not Vardy´s fault Raphael is such a weakling. The push he himself then made was in the BACK so even though it was much softer, it was in an area where it IS a faul.

Here are 2 screenshots to prove my point:

LeicesterVSMan-ItWasNotAFaul1_zpsb289c53

LeicesterVSMan-ItWasNotAFaul2_zps7390631

+Urthor    10167

I don't usually do Football, but for the love of can someone British explain what the story is behind Southampton looking like they're up for Champions League qualification???

»Liquid Snake    4567

I don't usually do Football, but for the love of can someone British explain what the story is behind Southampton looking like they're up for Champions League qualification???

They went on a streak of winning every game where they were favourites or marginal underdogs, Pelle and Tadic were in great form then.

It's all died down a bit and they'll probably finish 7th at best.

Soteria    15

So are Leicester going to do it? With 8 games to go, I see them dropping points potentially away at ManU and Chelsea. Maybe West Ham as well but they probably have done enough to win it.

Gunners choking aagain during Feb/March. We might as well not play during this period, give away the points and restart in April. So frustrating.

Also, anyone but Spurs to win the league please.(I'd never hear the end of it even if they finished above Arsenal, let alone to win it)

+Urthor    10167

Tottenham have Bournemouth, Liverpool away, Man United home, Stoke, West Brom, Chelsea away, Southampton, Newcastle

By no means do they have an easier run, and Leicester have a big edge psychologically and are playing better football on the pitch.   

Football's a funny ole game though.  Both could fall apart with that run home, draw West Ham lose to Man U and Chelsea for Leicester is easily achievable for example  

+Urthor    10167

Arsenal could tank massively though, players look like they're gonna pull the piss off Jose Mourinho Crocodile roll.  We'll see later, but either they play for Champions league next year or they start diving

Tottenham have Bournemouth, Liverpool away, Man United home, Stoke, West Brom, Chelsea away, Southampton, Newcastle

By no means do they have an easier run, and Leicester have a big edge psychologically and are playing better football on the pitch.   

Football's a funny ole game though.  Both could fall apart with that run home, draw West Ham lose to Man U and Chelsea for Leicester is easily achievable for example  

Tottenham have actually played the best football this season among English teams, they have scored the most and they have conceded the least as well so that would also give Spurs a psychological edge. Also you can also look at how the key players (Kane, Ali, Dier, Rose) played against Germany and that would definitely boost their confidence. Also Leicester's fixtures aren't easy either as they have Man Utd and Chelsea away (even if Leicester has the best away record in the prem so far) and have got West Ham who have a very good away record.