antispiral

Lightsworn - Discussion

255 posts in this topic

[quote name='Presence' timestamp='1329776578' post='3108981']
[quote name='S3xta_Espada' timestamp='1329772929' post='3108911']
I've been testeing standard LS with trip Gearfried trp Trade-In. Works amazing.
[/quote]
How are you fitting in Trade-in?
Seriously, I couldn't find the room without pushing over 40 cards or dropping important cards.
[/quote]
I play 41 now and dropped Foolish and Reinc.
I'm still playing a Plague and 1 Wulf though. I'm thinking of dropping one of them to make it 40.

EDIT: In case people didn't know yet. Lightrays are on DN right now.

plague seems a lot worse without trish

Still working on an anti-metaish version of sworns pre-GAOV(L?) and I think PSZ, to go into brionac, has uses as a good way to bounce problem exceeds/put back useless cards to be milled. Zephyros the Elite may be something to consider too since bouncing lumina to use it three times is fun. I'm more worried about trying to fit light warriors to drop LRGF easier for a future variant. Warrior Returning Alive'ing him is really nutty (so is monster reincarnation obviously). Problem is, it may be a good six+ months before this deck can go back into having the potential to put in work. Once the next set (or two with even more Lightray support) drops along with Hidden Arsenals 6/7 Lightsworn should be back on top but since we are behind so far it could take until after the September banlist for this to happen. :\

Ya cuz laval chain will be out in ha07 but I'm keeping this deck til the end so I'll work with what we have and will be getting Hopefully eventually charge will go to 2 but I doubt it

Charge will never go back to 2 simply because of other turbo-ish decks that can be made then.

But yeah, the only thing I'm probably going to miss is Brionac right now, assuming that I drop Plague from my deck, or stacking Wulf or a Necro Gardna or whatever so that I can mill them. But even though we've lost Trish, there's still Mist Wurm right? In some situations I really want a Mist Wurm instead of Trish.

[b]VICTOR MODE ENGAGED [/b]

[img]http://images.wikia.com/yugioh/images/2/26/MischiefoftheYokaiSTBL-EN-UR-1E.jpg[/img]

The second effect can be used during the opponent's turn.

[quote name='BGBK' timestamp='1329837555' post='3109777']
[b]VICTOR MODE ENGAGED [/b]

[img]http://images.wikia.com/yugioh/images/2/26/MischiefoftheYokaiSTBL-EN-UR-1E.jpg[/img]

The second effect can be used during the opponent's turn.
[/quote]
Yeah, saw it on Bryan's list on ETC. Looks good; I'm thinking it could be really useful except for Wind-Up Shark being an asshole. If you don't want to play Maxx C for whatever reason then this could be an option.

[quote name='X 6 T E N S E' timestamp='1329759457' post='3108720'][quote name='Burst' timestamp='1329708006' post='3108261']
Why? Maxx c on a debris dragon is brutal for this deck
[/quote]

Same could be said for tour guide or a large number of other cards.

Thats like saying maxx c hurts six samurai or karakuri and you shouldnt play em because of one card.[/quote]

To be honest you probably shouldn't play them

current list for me just getting back into the game, regionals on march 10th, wanted a deck that is somewhat good, but i dont own an extra deck so i was looking at alternatives to play, read and caught up on all the top decks and how they work... thought arkus would be beast in this up comming format.... so made this... only tested on dn so far but seems like it could work havent lost yet, but i know how reliable dn is.... not very much at all haha

[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]3 arkus[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]3 celestia[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]2 lumina[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]2 lyla[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]2 ryko[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]2 jain[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]1 wulf[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]1 garoth[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]1 ehren[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]3 judgment dragon[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]2 card trooper[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]2 necro gardna[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]1 honest[/size][/font]

[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Spells 9[/size][/font]

[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]3 solar recharge[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]1 charge [/size][/font]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]1 reborn[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]1 hole[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]1 storm[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]1 avarice[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]1 rota[/size][/font]

[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Traps- 8[/size][/font]

[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]3 beckoning light[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]3 call[/size][/font]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]2 torrential [/size][/font]

Aurkus shouldn't be ran at all, the only thing it prevents are Inzektors. Side it if you want, also been testing Pure vs Twilight, leaning more towards pure just because of consistency.

[quote name='atem16' timestamp='1329981747' post='3111883']

What do u guys think of card trooper
[/quote]
For its ability to kill TKRO and attack over atk position Zenmaines, draw off JD and Zenmaines plays, be reused by 3 COTH and be a team player for LS, I really like it and am going to use 2.

[quote name='Shadow Ranger' timestamp='1330022026' post='3112273']
Aurkus shouldn't be ran at all, the only thing it prevents are Inzektors. Side it if you want, also been testing Pure vs Twilight, leaning more towards pure just because of consistency.
[/quote]
Aurkus stops Veiler and Fiendish Chain for when I want to drop Celestia or Lumina. Its a very good card that should be played at least at one. Three though, could be too many because you don't need them all of the time.

The only reason that I would want to play Twilight would be for Tour Guide. The ability to go into leviair and fetch removed Luminas, is amazing. As soon as LS starts making waves, Chain Disappearance and Light-Imprisoning Mirror will be sided if space allows. I think Tour Guide gives a way around the normal side cards that stop LS, as not only an extra target for Chain Disappearance, but its one turn Zenmaines, Leviair or Acid Golem.

I still prefer pure LS at the moment, but perhaps Twilight has something to show us.

By the way, LightRay Gearfried is a boss. May should be great for this deck.

What does everyone's list look like (so we can modify and create the best style possible to combat then inevitable W-U, Inzektors, and Rabbit matches).

why is everyone suddenly hyping this deck again because it got more boss monsters? did charge and necro go to 3 in the new list and i just havent seen it yet?

[quote name='dennis frogman' timestamp='1330039781' post='3112589']
why is everyone suddenly hyping this deck again because it got more boss monsters? did charge and necro go to 3 in the new list and i just havent seen it yet?
[/quote]Same reason why Six Sams got hyped up when Shien dropped: They got a card that negated spells/traps for next to nothing. Necro garnda is at 5 with ESPer Star Sparrow. Not saying the deck is amazing and that it deserves a ton of hype or anything but the amount its gotten is pretty reasonable (1-2 pages of discussion isn't too bad for any deck, aye?)

x3 Judgment Dragon
x1 Broken Luck Sack
x1 Gorz, the Emissary of Darkness
x2 Tragoedia
x2 Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
x2 Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
x3 Wulf, Lightsworn Beast
x1 Garoth, Lightsworn Warrior
x1 Jain, Lightsworn Paladin
x1 Ehren, Lightsworn Monk
x1 Aurkus, Lightsworn Druid
x1 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
x2 Necro Gardna
x1 Plaguespreader Zombie
x1 Honest
x2 Effect Veiler
x3 Maxx "C" if not then dd crow
=28

x1 Charge of the Light Brigade
x3 Solar Recharge
x1 Monster Reborn
x1 Dark Hole
x1 Heavy Storm
x2Mystical Space Typhoon
x 2 Gold Sarcophagus 
x1 Reinforcement of the Army
=12

x2 Beckoning Light
=2

Extra: 15
x1 StarDust Dragon
x1 Scrap Dragon
x1 Blackrose Dragon
x1 Mist Wurm
x 1 Brionac Dragon of the Ice Barrier
x 1 Magical Android
x 1 Ally of Justice Catastor
x1 Gaia knight The Force Of Earth
X1 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
x1 Number 39 Utopia 
x1 Number 17 Leviathan Dragon
x1 Leviair The Sea Dragon
x1 Number 30 Acid Golem 
x 1 Wind up Zenmaines
x 1 Steelswarm Roach

Side Deck:
x 2 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
x2 Cyber Dragon
x2 Thunder King Raioh
x2 Royal Decree
x2 D D Crow( if not already mained)
x 2 Bottomless Trap Hole
x2 Solemn Warning
What I'm planing to take to Long Beach

[quote name='atem16' timestamp='1330060892' post='3112915']
x3 Judgment Dragon
x1 Broken Luck Sack
x1 Gorz, the Emissary of Darkness
x2 Tragoedia
x2 Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
x2 Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
x3 Wulf, Lightsworn Beast
x1 Garoth, Lightsworn Warrior
x1 Jain, Lightsworn Paladin
x1 Ehren, Lightsworn Monk
x1 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
x2 Necro Gardna
x1 Plaguespreader Zombie
x1 Honest
x2 Effect Veiler
x3 Maxx "C" if not then dd crow
=28

x1 Charge of the Light Brigade
x3 Solar Recharge
x1 Monster Reborn
x1 Dark Hole
x1 Heavy Storm
x2Mystical Space Typhoon
x 2 Gold Sarcophagus
x1 Reinforcement of the Army
=12

x2 Beckoning Light
=2

Extra: 15
x1 StarDust Dragon
x1 Scrap Dragon
x1 Blackrose Dragon
x1 Mist Wurm
x 1 Brionac Dragon of the Ice Barrier
x 1 Magical Android
x 1 Ally of Justice Catastor
x1 Gaia knight The Force Of Earth
X1 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
x1 Number 39 Utopia
x1 Number 17 Leviathan Dragon
x1 Leviair The Sea Dragon
x1 Number 30 Acid Golem
x 1 Wind up Zenmaines
x 1 Steelswarm Roach

Side Deck:
x 2 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
x2 Cyber Dragon
x2 Thunder King Raioh
x2 Royal Decree
x2 D D Crow( if not already mained)
x 2 Bottomless Trap Hole
x2 Solemn Warning
What I'm planing to take to Long Beach
[/quote]

3 Wulf sounds awful. Wulf can make a few good plays but with so many potentially dead cards already, why add another?
This meta makes cards dead faster than any meta in the past, except maybe when Six Samurai Shien had his run at 3.

To be totally honest I think if you want to play LS in this format you need to pack your Wulfs, Tragos, Celestias and Aurkus(es?) up and play better meta game choices.

Wulf is a 2100 level four beater (duh) in other formats that was a game changer in this one... what are you using him for? When I've milled him he's been nothing but a chump-blocker who got destroyed by a Laggia, Inzektor effect, or wind-up spam. She loves long walks on the beach, being drawn dead even at one, and being too slow for this format.

Tragoedia seems pretty hit-and-miss too. I personally never find this card useful since this format 9/010 people end with xyzs and his beater status can be dealt with by the same cards that stopped wulf (sans laggia + dolkka).

Celestia is an awesome card. I expect more people to start playing Starlight Road/Effect Veiler which really just hurts the playability.

Aurkus, why in the hell do you guys play this guy this format at all? Maybe I'm maximum lucksack but I've dropped all three of the above names from my deck and can still consistently drop JD without playing lackluster cards. You can't normal summon this guy because he gets ran over. If he's facedown Inzektors can target and kill him. If he's face-up they can xyz and run over him. Wind-ups can run over him. Laggia/Dolkka love snacks I've been told.

Ranting aside: Play some Thunder King Rai-Ohs/DoomCal. Maybe even grand mole since this deck can drop a normal + a special every turn. Multiple Jains is pretty good and Ehren in multiples wouldn't be too bad for the amount of zenmaines I see every game (or main rota or something). Also, since MST will be mained in threes in everything why play any traps at all? I don't like my opponent to have any live cards since they will snipe off any card you set. Maxx "C" can be pretty irreleavant against this deck so making another four cards dead is nice too.

[quote name='Zinrag' timestamp='1330105271' post='3113327']
To be totally honest I think if you want to play LS in this format you need to pack your Wulfs, Tragos, Celestias and Aurkus(es?) up and play better meta game choices.

Wulf is a 2100 level four beater (duh) in other formats that was a game changer in this one... what are you using him for? When I've milled him he's been nothing but a chump-blocker who got destroyed by a Laggia, Inzektor effect, or wind-up spam. She loves long walks on the beach, being drawn dead even at one, and being too slow for this format.

Tragoedia seems pretty hit-and-miss too. I personally never find this card useful since this format 9/010 people end with xyzs and his beater status can be dealt with by the same cards that stopped wulf (sans laggia + dolkka).

Celestia is an awesome card. I expect more people to start playing Starlight Road/Effect Veiler which really just hurts the playability.

[size=6][b]Aurkus, why in the hell do you guys play this guy this format at all?[/b][/size] Maybe I'm maximum lucksack but I've dropped all three of the above names from my deck and can still consistently drop JD without playing lackluster cards. You can't normal summon this guy because he gets ran over. If he's facedown Inzektors can target and kill him. If he's face-up they can xyz and run over him. Wind-ups can run over him. Laggia/Dolkka love snacks I've been told.

Ranting aside: Play some Thunder King Rai-Ohs/DoomCal. Maybe even grand mole since this deck can drop a normal + a special every turn. Multiple Jains is pretty good and Ehren in multiples wouldn't be too bad for the amount of zenmaines I see every game (or main rota or something). Also, since MST will be mained in threes in everything why play any traps at all? I don't like my opponent to have any live cards since they will snipe off any card you set. Maxx "C" can be pretty irreleavant against this deck so making another four cards dead is nice too.
[/quote]

Effect Veiler.

[quote name='X 6 T E N S E' timestamp='1330114376' post='3113438']
Effect Veiler.
[/quote]

So, you need to have a Aurkus on board before they veiler your Celestia? That play creates a catch-22 of sorts. To Combat a single card you have to play many other cards in a certain order at the perfect time when you [b]know[/b] your opponent has a veiler. The problem is: to use aurkus you need him face-up (duh... I know). To get him face-up you have to revive him or [i]somehow[/i] he didn't die by battle/effect. Then you have to have another lightsworn on board and a celestia to drop. That means to get the + off of celestia you need to have prepared for at least a turn in advance for a play that most any other deck can laugh at. Not sure I would main a garbage card to combat a single good card. If I'm not seeing some retarded play please let me know because Aurkus does't do much of anything this format.

Edit: I guess you could hope to do Lyla/Ehren with Aurkus but those plays still fall short to the meta. I.E. if they have to veiler Ehren you are already winning a game that a tkro or doomcal could have already won you.

Aurkus also stops Fiendish Chain and Inzektor Hornet (single handingly makes Inzektor matchup in your favor).

Being able to go into Leviair or Zenmaines off Lumina is actually really handy and lets you slowplay games. Worst comes to worse, Aurkus is another Lightsworn name that you can summon and/or make use of with the various discard outlets the deck has.

[quote][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]To be totally honest I think if you want to play LS in this format you need to pack your Wulfs, Tragos, Celestias and Aurkus(es?) up and play better meta game choices.[/size][/font]

[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Wulf is a 2100 level four beater (duh) in other formats that was a game changer in this one... what are you using him for? When I've milled him he's been nothing but a chump-blocker who got destroyed by a Laggia, Inzektor effect, or wind-up spam. She loves long walks on the beach, being drawn dead even at one, and being too slow for this format.[/size][/font]

[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Tragoedia seems pretty hit-and-miss too. I personally never find this card useful since this format 9/010 people end with xyzs and his beater status can be dealt with by the same cards that stopped wulf (sans laggia + dolkka).[/size][/font]

[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Celestia is an awesome card. I expect more people to start playing Starlight Road/Effect Veiler which really just hurts the playability.[/size][/font]

[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Aurkus, why in the hell do you guys play this guy this format at all? Maybe I'm maximum lucksack but I've dropped all three of the above names from my deck and can still consistently drop JD without playing lackluster cards. You can't normal summon this guy because he gets ran over. If he's facedown Inzektors can target and kill him. If he's face-up they can xyz and run over him. Wind-ups can run over him. Laggia/Dolkka love snacks I've been told.[/size][/font]

[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Ranting aside: Play some Thunder King Rai-Ohs/DoomCal. Maybe even grand mole since this deck can drop a normal + a special every turn. Multiple Jains is pretty good and Ehren in multiples wouldn't be too bad for the amount of zenmaines I see every game (or main rota or something). Also, since MST will be mained in threes in everything why play any traps at all? I don't like my opponent to have any live cards since they will snipe off any card you set. Maxx "C" can be pretty irreleavant against this deck so making another four cards dead is nice too. [/size][/font][/quote]
I agree with Celestia and Tragoedia. Celestias has always been subpar ever since 2009 really and I just use the one for another name that isn't awful. I remember topping a regional maining 2 Celestia, and never summoning it the entire day. I doubt I've summoned more than 5 times playing like 500 games with this deck. Tragoedia is just fucking awful lol.