Pengwan

Dragunity - Discussion

235 posts in this topic

Activate Ravine? Response? Drop Malefic Stardust haha. Happened at locals today. I really like Malefic in here, it makes Trident or protects Ravine.

Edit : I am refering to the whole dead MST thing.

Activate Ravine? Response? Drop Malefic Stardust haha. Happened at locals today. I really like Malefic in here, it makes Trident or protects Ravine.

Edit : I am refering to the whole dead MST thing.

Yes, that would be what makes Malefic so good right now.

Just keep in mind that trick only works once. They aren't going to let you do it ever again after that.

I'm still not sure about Malefic, gonna test him against different match-ups and see how he will fare.

To my surprise, i have seen effect Veiler a lot less than last format.

And GK is still strong, even if they can't use gigantic back row as they used too, having Neckrovalley up spells death to a lot of decks including this.

To my surprise, i have seen effect Veiler a lot less than last format.

And GK is still strong, even if they can't use gigantic back row as they used too, having Neckrovalley up spells death to a lot of decks including this.

Are you out of your effing mind?

Just drop Ravine on it dumbass, make a Stardust and Thought Ruler, then poke with Thought Ruler all game.

And if you need extra help, use Mist Valley Falcon with his 2000 attack to bounce Ravine safe to your hand each turn.

And use Icarus Attack.

I've never once had any problems with the Gravekeeper matchup. The only way they should be an issue for a good Dragunity player is if GKs draw nutty, and the Dragunity guy draws no Ravine all game.

Play smart and conservatively with your field spell and you SHOULD do fine.

And there's not mathematical reason you should see Effect Veiler less unless you've changed something, like dropped a veiler/consonance, or are not searching with Ravine as much anymore, so such a statement is meaningless.

That was unnecessarily aggressive.

On topic though, Drago is really good in here. Really evens out a lot of matchups.

You're right. That was unnecessarily aggressive.

I apologize for my tone, I shouldn't take out my frustrations on internet posts, but not the statement. I stand by what I said, Gravekeepers is, if anything, a favorable matchup.

I'd be less concerned with GKs with a field spell you can cover with yours or wipe out with superior destructive power, and more about decks that literally just drop boss monsters that can run over Stardust and wipe out fields.

Dragunity Arms Mystellain lets you play out of Veiler or make a level 8 synchro out of a used Legionnaire. It's pretty good.

Yes, it is a good card.

The issue with Mystletainn is simple; he's a double edged sword. He makes good plays better and works you out of dead hands you would have seen without him (and is a reveal target for Koa'ki Meiru Drago), but at the same time, will create dead hands you wouldn't have seen if you weren't running him.

Personally I think it's a preference call. I've tested extensively with and without, and I don't think he causes any problems. I just usually cut him for space and other techs that I feel are perhaps less two-sided.

And as far as playing around the veiler goes, I think that Icarus attack is more flexible and reliable.

What up guys just passing by to tell ya i went to my regional last week with dragunity and after 9 rounds of Swiss my record was 7-2 and i came in 35th place out of 440 people.

My Match up were:
2 Plant
2 GB
1 Rabbit
1 Jurrac
1 Agent
1 Hero
1 Wind-Up

My loses were from 1 Plant(game 1 i beat him and in game 2 my opening play i screwed up and it cost me the game, game3 he summon a random [url="http://yugioh.tcgplayer.com/db/yugioh_single_card.asp?cn=Dark%20Simorgh&partner=POJO"]Dark Simorgh[/url] then after i killed it on my turn he top deck BLS...) and 1 Wind-Up(had no experience against them so i sided badly)

In my opinion dragunity could have done a lot more damage in this format but i guess people don't know how to use them the proper way while playing their game or side decking.

FYI Rabbit is the easiest match up for dragunity.

Here's the video i uploaded of my deck hope ya enjoy it,
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgNaX7au9XM[/media]

i have no idea how you don't main storm or hole...

The deck is all about keeping control of the field but DH & HS do the opposite of that so they aren't needed.

I've played people who swarm the field before and i still mention to destroy the hole thing regardless cause of cards like leggionaire,smashing ground, mirror force and more just need to know what your doing at all time.

DH & HS are nice power cards but they aren't ment for this version of dragunity i made.

I'd also like to know how rabbit was easy match-up for you.

GAOV will have 2 amazing rank 6 xyz for us, time to main deck the armas once more?

[quote name='Nimo' timestamp='1327075946' post='3080556']
I'd also like to know how rabbit was easy match-up for you.

GAOV will have 2 amazing rank 6 xyz for us, time to main deck the armas once more?
[/quote]
Rabbit is a simple matter cause we're able to push them ontill they either are out of plays to stop us or we got a strong field which they can't do anything anymore. (Spirit Reaper + Thought Ruler Archfiend Kills Them)

Also the side deck just says hello to their back rows and monsters. (1x MST 2x Dust Tornado 1x Grand Mole)

Plus a bonus i've been using aklys 2nd effect allot this past month and hardly no one stops it.

It can easilly become relevant, just need one or more decent support cards.

Not sure how much weight to give this, but DuelingDays is a pretty reliable source:

[quote]
[size=2]Also I wanna mention a random deck that is topping several OCG tourneys (new format).[/size]

[size=2]It is Dragunity![/size]

[size=2]This is because they can summon Atums and REDMD too. Konami planned well, most of the Dragunity Synchro are LV 6. Not to mention they can also side Koaki Meiru Drago against Hieroglyphs, TG Agents, Verz or whatever random Light/Dark deck.[/size]

[size=2]I went and try it on DN anyways. Combination of Zephyrus and Ravine totally wins game. Summoned Atum and REDMD with just these 2 cards. Madness.[/size][/quote]

Not sure about its viability in the TCG, considering we play a lot more hand traps and Fiendish Chain, but something to keep in mind, perhaps?

[quote name='victor' timestamp='1330708500' post='3119381']
Not sure how much weight to give this, but DuelingDays is a pretty reliable source:

[quote]
[size=2]Also I wanna mention a random deck that is topping several OCG tourneys (new format).[/size]

[size=2]It is Dragunity![/size]

[size=2]This is because they can summon Atums and REDMD too. Konami planned well, most of the Dragunity Synchro are LV 6. Not to mention they can also side Koaki Meiru Drago against Hieroglyphs, TG Agents, Verz or whatever random Light/Dark deck.[/size]

[size=2]I went and try it on DN anyways. Combination of Zephyrus and Ravine totally wins game. Summoned Atum and REDMD with just these 2 cards. Madness.[/size][/quote]

Not sure about its viability in the TCG, considering we play a lot more hand traps and Fiendish Chain, but something to keep in mind, perhaps?
[/quote]
I've been seeing that recently as well and was confused at first. But Atum and REDMD give this deck a reason to see play again.

The deck uses Lightpulsar and Gae Derg to overlay into Atum for the gg fields. There's already a deck in the OCG garage.

Might as well get the updates out on it - this Deck can OTK now like the Chaos Dragunities that's been posted in the OCG Deck Garage which involves Atum and REDMD. The chances of opening Future Fusion is pretty rare, though. So far, I can think of four engines that can decently get this going, but like Chaos Dragunities, it easily falls to Veiler/Fiendish Chain/Maxx "C". I don't know how competitive it can get, but here's a try:

Skeleton:

3x Dux
3x Phalanx
1-3x Zephyros (more Zephyros maximizes chances of combo going off)
2-3x REDMD
2x Baby Roc

3x Terraforming
3x Dragon Ravine

1x Gae Dearg
1x Brionac

2-3x Atum
1x PSB
1x SPM7
1x Gustaph
1x Gaia Dragoon

Mystletainn Engine (probably the best):[list]
[*]3x Mystletainn
[/list]
Gusto Engine:[list]
[*]1-3x Grif
[*]1-3x Windaar
[/list]
Tefnuit Engine:[list]
[*]3x Tefnuit
[*]2-3x Convocation
[/list]
Instant Fusion Engine:[list]
[*]3x Instant Fusion
[*]1x Mavelus
[/list]
The major feature here is to get Dux, Phalanx and Zephyros on the field:

[quote]Dux | Phalanx | Zephyros[/quote]

Then you do your special summons like Hieratics, but you keep reviving Gae Dearg to deck-thin and get out Baby Roc so you can synchro-spam. Brionac is used to bounce your REDMD back to your hand so you can reuse him to recycle Gae Dearg to keep deck-thinning and XYZ into another Atum. The best configuration I found was the Mystletainn engine with 3x Mystletainn, 3x REDMD, 2x Baby Roc to get this field in one turn:

[quote]REDMD (@ 2800/2400) | Stardust | Gustaph (1 attach) | PSB (2 attach) [/quote]

Some of the guys at Pojo took a look at it, but no results.

So yeah, like the Chaos Dragunities, it falls easily to hand traps.

[quote name='Cerberus' timestamp='1334910279' post='3160235']
Might as well get the updates out on it - this Deck can OTK now like the Chaos Dragunities that's been posted in the OCG Deck Garage which involves Atum and REDMD. The chances of opening Future Fusion is pretty rare, though. So far, I can think of four engines that can decently get this going, but like Chaos Dragunities, it easily falls to Veiler/Fiendish Chain/Maxx "C". I don't know how competitive it can get, but here's a try:

Skeleton:

3x Dux
3x Phalanx
1-3x Zephyros (more Zephyros maximizes chances of combo going off)
2-3x REDMD
2x Baby Roc

3x Terraforming
3x Dragon Ravine

1x Gae Dearg
1x Brionac

2-3x Atum
1x PSB
1x SPM7
1x Gustaph
1x Gaia Dragoon

Mystletainn Engine (probably the best):[list]
[*]3x Mystletainn
[/list]
Gusto Engine:[list]
[*]1-3x Grif
[*]1-3x Windaar
[/list]
Tefnuit Engine:[list]
[*]3x Tefnuit
[*]2-3x Convocation
[/list]
Instant Fusion Engine:[list]
[*]3x Instant Fusion
[*]1x Mavelus
[/list]
The major feature here is to get Dux, Phalanx and Zephyros on the field:

[quote]Dux | Phalanx | Zephyros[/quote]

Then you do your special summons like Hieratics, but you keep reviving Gae Dearg to deck-thin and get out Baby Roc so you can synchro-spam. Brionac is used to bounce your REDMD back to your hand so you can reuse him to recycle Gae Dearg to keep deck-thinning and XYZ into another Atum. The best configuration I found was the Mystletainn engine with 3x Mystletainn, 3x REDMD, 2x Baby Roc to get this field in one turn:

[quote]REDMD (@ 2800/2400) | Stardust | Gustaph (1 attach) | PSB (2 attach) [/quote]

Some of the guys at Pojo took a look at it, but yeah, like the Chaos Dragunities, it falls easily to hand traps.
[/quote]
My friend might play this deck (the non-Gusto version) over anything else in Phili..... I'm not sure why no one is picking up on this deck.

[size=3]Its good this thread has been revived, but for all the wrong reasons. Outside of the sacky ftk Dragunity is getting some major TCG muscle courtesy of galactic overlord. It has a few major plays, the standard dragunity lvl 8 once per turn, setting up the lightpulsar/redeyes lockdown as well as easily producing lvl 6s for atum, who needs no introduction with the LEAST of his abilities being that he can instantely summon a levyaten to make trident, giving rediculous OTK potential. For more on this, see Deathbot's Chaos Dragunity thread [url="http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?showtopic=141578"]http://duelistground...howtopic=141578[/url] where I originally got a version of the decklist from.[/size]

[size=3]The deck is mostly TCG but will easily work without Gustav, like hieratics. However I suspect that Gustav will be in GAOV.[/size]

[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1 Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2 Blue-Eyes White Dragon[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Dragunity Dux[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1 Dragunity Phalanx[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1 Dragunity Arma Leyvaten[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1 Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Lightpulsar Dragon[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 The White Stone of Legend[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1 Eclipse Wyvern[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1 Darkflare Dragon[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2 Effect Veiler[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1 Dark Hole[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1 Foolish Burial[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1 Future Fusion[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1 Monster Reborn[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1 Heavy Storm[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Mystical Space Typhoon[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Terraforming[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Dragon Ravine[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2 Cards of Consonance[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1 Ninjitsu Art of Super Transformation[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1 Five-Headed Dragon[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1 Dragunity Knight - Gae Dearg[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2 Dragunity Knight - Vajrayana[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1 Black Rose Dragon[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1 Stardust Dragon[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1 Scrap Dragon[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1 Mist Wurm[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1 Trident Dragion[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1 Inzekter ExaBeetle[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2 Atum, the Holy Marked Dragon Emperor[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2 Superdreadnought Turret Train Gustaph Max[/font][/size]

Veiler/Maxx "C"/Fiend always fucks this Deck up. There's not many ways to stop them from doing it here without sacrificing what little space we have or increasing dead draws (e.g., Divine Wrath, Debunk, etc.).

Mystletainn can help play around veiler/chain and is probably the most efficient way to go into atum besides zephyros. Though I don't really see anything this deck has over hieratics, especially in terms of consistency of the wombo-combos.

Gonna test the build Urthor posted tonight. I'll be back with results. This deck looks very interesting.