Randy    297
As far as I'm aware of, the only way to get stardust + bounzer with another redmd is with brionac looping involving multiple rocs.

TheLordGojira    123
Actually, you can open up with Stardust, Atum, Strike Bounzer and a 0/0 REDMD with Ravine, Zephyros and 2 Mystletainn.

It won't happen often but it can work.

Now if you start your turn with a lvl 4 winged beast on the field (either by protecting it or using Call of the Haunted, which I am quite fond of in this deck, or possibly using Reborn to get it done turn 1) and haven't used Zephyros's effect yet, you can do more.

Like opening 2800 REDMD, Stardust, Strike Bounzer, and Scrap Dragon. (Or Two Stardust.)
Or Atum/Gaia Dragon, 2800 REDMD, 2 lvl 8s, and Koa'ki Meiru Drago, as it were.
Or 2800 REDMD, 2 Gaia Dragon (or Gaia Dragon + Vajrayana), Trident Dragion and a lvl 8 if you just wanna go nuts and OTK.

Now if you have 3 Mystletainn and Ravine, and Zephyros and Reborn then... why haven't you won yet?

Randy    297
With only one mystletainn?

TheLordGojira    123
With one Mystletainn you can get Stardust + Strike Bounzer, but REDMD will only come into play if it's already in your hand. Which is not impossible.

If you forego the Strike Bounzer, Ravine + Zephyros + Mystletainn can net you 2 Atum, 0/0 REDMD and Stardust.

If you run 2 REDMD, Phalanx in Grave + Dux +1 Mystletainn can make Atum, 0/0 REDMD, 2800 REDMD, and Stardust.

Randy    297
If I'm running 2 redmd, I could also just grab a kkm drago out of the deck, sync it off into brio, then bring it back later in the loop to otk past gorz with a field of 2 redmd, drago, and scrap dragon/stardust/bounzer. (Hopefully I'm not doing anything wrong there).

TheLordGojira    123
Could you explain that play? Does it happen in one turn? What do you start with?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out.

Phalanx in grave, Dux and Mystletainn in hand.

Summon Dux, SS Phalanx, Drop Mystletainn on Phalanx, SS Phalanx, Synchro Gae Dearg, dump Zephyros.
Overlay Gae Dearg and Mystletainn for Atum, Atum SS REDMD, REDMD summon Gae Dearg, dump KKM Drago. Bounce REDMD for Zephyros.
Remove Atum for REDMD, REDMD SS Mystletainn, overlay Gae Dearg and Mystletainn for Atum #2. Atum SS REDMD #2 from deck. REDMD #2 SS Phalanx. Synchro Phalanx with Zephyros for Brionac. Brionac bounce REDMD #2 to hand. Banish Atum #2 to SS REDMD #2. REDMD #2 SS Drago from graveyard.

Should be 2-3 cards left in hand to discard for Brio (assuming you started with 6 and Phalanx hit the grave with Ravine, Foolish Burial or Cards of Consonance). Clear the field, and attack for 9800 damage.

Damn. That's a nice turn 2 OTK.
  • Upvote 2

OuzoRx    10
[quote name='TheLordGojira' timestamp='1338002734' post='3190893']
Could you explain that play? Does it happen in one turn? What do you start with?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out.

Phalanx in grave, Dux and Mystletainn in hand.

Summon Dux, SS Phalanx, Drop Mystletainn on Phalanx, SS Phalanx, Synchro Gae Dearg, dump Zephyros.
Overlay Gae Dearg and Mystletainn for Atum, Atum SS REDMD, REDMD summon Gae Dearg, dump KKM Drago. Bounce REDMD for Zephyros.
Remove Atum for REDMD, REDMD SS Mystletainn, overlay Gae Dearg and Mystletainn for Atum #2. Atum SS REDMD #2 from deck. REDMD #2 SS Phalanx. Synchro Phalanx with Zephyros for Brionac. Brionac bounce REDMD #2 to hand. Banish Atum #2 to SS REDMD #2. REDMD #2 SS Drago from graveyard.

Should be 2-3 cards left in hand to discard for Brio (assuming you started with 6 and Phalanx hit the grave with Ravine, Foolish Burial or Cards of Consonance). Clear the field, and attack for 9800 damage.

Damn. That's a nice turn 2 OTK.
[/quote]
honestly i was really trying to figure out a way to bring drago out without it having an atk reduction, thanks.

Edit : Also thought ruler is way too good of a card in the extra for this deck. I never thought about it b4 because it wasn't relevant to me before, but the simple fact it makes light pulsar miss its timing when attacked is really good.

Randy    297
Fuck I think must've had a brain tumor or something when I initially thought of that combo. I suppose the only way to actually get that extra scrap/bounzer is with some unorthodox garuda the wind spirit drop. I tried a single copy of that card before as it's searchable and a "free" level 4 winged beast on the field but it's probably not worth it.

Though I guess with brio you don't need scrap to clear the field anyways.

Nimo    43
Thought ruler doesn't make anything miss the timing, including Pulsar.

But it's still great nonetheless.

OuzoRx    10
[quote name='Nimo' timestamp='1338028815' post='3191099']
Thought ruler doesn't make anything miss the timing, including Pulsar.

But it's still great nonetheless.
[/quote]
How so because the last thing to resolve is gaining life points, and that effect is also mandatory.

Nimo    43
They are both triggered at the same time, with TRA as cl1 and Pulsar as cl2.

OuzoRx    10
[quote name='Nimo' timestamp='1338053514' post='3191206']
[/quote]
Dude light pulsar has to be chain link 1 for it resolve in a chain, that's why ryko makes it lose timing. if that was the case that's like saying soul taker doesn't work against pulsar.

Its also good against lance and people that are maining compulsory.

»Jeff Jones    13262
I've been keeping a close eye on this deck because Ive always been huge fan of it (Because it can make SDD, one of my favorite monsters :DD )

The deck seems great when going first... but in that aspect, its just like wind-ups =/ The deck is just so vulnerable going 2nd, it sucks. Wish the deck could be better in the current meta.

+Gojira    1706
[quote name='OuzoRx' timestamp='1338060883' post='3191277'][quote name='Nimo' timestamp='1338053514' post='3191206']
[/quote]
Dude light pulsar has to be chain link 1 for it resolve in a chain, that's why ryko makes it lose timing. if that was the case that's like saying soul taker doesn't work against pulsar.

Its also good against lance and people that are maining compulsory.[/quote]
Lightpulsar only misses the timing because it's optional, and you can't choose to activate optional effect in the middle of an effect resolving, or a chain, that's why sendingit has to be the last thing to happen. It has nothing to do with where it goes on the main. In the case of thought ruler, it's just SEGOC.
  • Upvote 2

»victor    6400
[quote name='Jeff Jones' timestamp='1338062257' post='3191298']
I've been keeping a close eye on this deck because Ive always been huge fan of it (Because it can make SDD, one of my favorite monsters :DD )

The deck seems great when going first... but in that aspect, its just like wind-ups =/ The deck is just so vulnerable going 2nd, it sucks. Wish the deck could be better in the current meta.
[/quote]

I agree.

People itt are focusing too much on G1, you can assume this deck wins when going first G1, everyone knows the plays already, there's really no point in discussing that aspect of it.

But as soon as siding happens, there is too much hate.

Sidedeck cards meant for various matchups all work on Dragunity. I mean not only do you have to deal with BTH, Solemn, but also Effect Veiler, Fiendish Chain, DD Crow, Macro, Skill Drain, etc.

I mean you could side Royal Decree, but they are going to have 3 MST, Heavy Storm, Lyla, Ryko, etc. for the Field Spell anyway.

You could side in Icarus Attack, Miyabi, Mist Valley Falcon (bounce Ravine so it can attack), but that just means you are playing cards to make your deck "usable". You don't have room to disrupt their matchup and hurt them. And you definitely can't account for Burn and Final Countdown with all the space issues.

I mean you also side KM Drago for Chaos Dragons, Hieratics, etc.

----------

This deck's biggest strength used to be having Ravine as a discard outlet so you saw folks playing 2-3 Effect Veiler, 2-3 Maxx C, 2-3 DD Crow, knowing that Ravine could offset the clumpage. I don't see the room to do that with having to run Mystletainn, REDMD, etc.

--------

If I were to play this deck, Stardust Dragon + mained Gozen Match, SIM, and Imperial Iron Wall would be a possible approach.

You get that out G1, hopefully beat them G1, and side out the other 2 for more copies of the card that hurts them the most.

Ravine helps you discard the dead cards in that matchup.

------------

Note that Imperial Iron Wall takes out Chaos Dragons and Rabbit, while DD Crow, Effect Veilers and Fiendish Chains can hurt Inzektors.

So aside for Rogue decks, that is the way to go.

You side in Gozen Match for Rabbit, SIM for Inzektor and DW, Drago for Chaos Dragon and Hieratic, etc.
  • Upvote 3

Randy    297
This deck does have strong side options with gozen, searchable dragos/crows, wall without being hurt at all, etc. Though I disagree with ravine as a discard outlet being a reason to be able to run clumpy cards. Most of the deck's struggles are already from the inability to get ravine or make plays without it, adding more ravine-reliant cards would just make those weaknesses worse.
  • Upvote 1

Nimo    43
Skill Drain and Macro are the only threats that really hurt the deck, every thing else can be played around one way or another.

That's why i think tefnuit is a solid side option. We used to side cydra, so why not the searchable and synergetic option.

Randy    297
Cydra was used because of chimeratech and the fact it can actually be a threatening beater the turn it's summoned against certain decks (GB, GK). Tefnuit is more or less just a combo card.
  • Upvote 1

»Jeff Jones    13262
[quote name='Nimo' timestamp='1338094267' post='3191628']Skill Drain and Macro are the only threats that really hurt the deck, every thing else can be played around one way or another. That's why i think tefnuit is a solid side option. We used to side cydra, so why not the searchable and synergetic option.[/quote]

Except for ya know, MST, Dust Tornado, Veiler, Maxx C, and DD Crow
  • Upvote 4

Cerberus    31
Side in Burial from a Different Dimension for any removal? Side in Prohibition for Effect Veiler, Crow, etc.?

I was thinking about using Card Guard for more protection for Ravine and getting over TKRO, but I haven't experimented much with it so far.
  • Downvote 1

TheLordGojira    123
Burial from the different dimension is awful. You'd be better off with Iron Wall.

Prohibition for Effect Veiler is similarly bad, since you can play around it anyway. Call of the Haunted does a better job of fighting Veiler and D.D. Crow and has obvious usage beyond that. If you're going to use Prohibition, call MST/Heavy or your opponent's key cards. Though honestly, I find that to be a bit lackluster as it is.

As far as protecting Ravine goes, I'd say Malefic Stardust does better, as it doesn't take up your normal summon, can lead to instant OTKs, provides infinite Scrap Dragon food, and runs over Laggia and Dolka. The only problem is that you'd probably want to run a second Stardust if you aren't already (along with Trident to take advantage of it) and frankly there just isn't alot of Extra Deck space.
  • Upvote 2

Nimo    43
Does everyone plays with 3 MST?

I'm currently doing 2 MST and 2 lance.

»Jeff Jones    13262
[quote name='Nimo' timestamp='1338189955' post='3192466']
Does everyone plays with 3 MST?

I'm currently doing 2 MST and 2 lance.
[/quote]

I believe 3 mst is needed to hit (try to at least) opposing MST's before using Ravine
  • Upvote 1

JayTriple    74
I love the deck, it has crazy combos and can do pretty well in a simplified gamestate, but in todays meta I have my doubts. Chaos dragons run you over and stardust becomes lackluster, inzektors arn't terrible and heros aren't bad while dark world is a good matchup. Against rabbit it really becomes who goes first game 1 but the deck has strong siding options. I just don't know if the deck can stand up in todays meta but it is a very strong deck.