infinite

Gadget - Discussion

185 posts in this topic

I understand tour guide is an issue vs t-king. I was just saying that thunder king isn't bad because it stops gadget searches.

Been playing with Machina Gadgets for a few days, deck handles T1 Tour Guide plays pretty well:

3 Machina Fortress

3 Machina Gearframe

2 Effect Veiler

2 Green Gadget

2 Red Gadget

2 Tragoedia

2 Yellow Gadget

1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness

1 Machina Force

3 Pot of Duality

3 Smashing Ground

2 Mystical Space Typhoon

1 Dark Hole

1 Heavy Storm

1 Monster Reborn

1 Pot of Avarice

2 Bottomless Trap Hole

2 Dimensional Prison

2 Mind Crush

1 Miror Force

1 Solemn Judgment

1 Torrential Tribute

1 Trap Dustshoot

Debating Warning, I like it vs. Plants and rogues but it screws me vs. Lighsworns and Agents with their endless bosses.

3 Green Gadget

3 Red Gadget

3 Yellow Gadget

3 Breaker the Magical Warrior

2 Effect Veiler

1 Glow-Up Bulb

3 Creature Swap

3 Mystical Space Typhoon

1 Heavy Storm

1 Monster Reborn

1 Mind Control

1 Book of Moon

1 Dark Hole

1 Pot of Avarice

3 Ultimate Offering

3 Dimensional Prison

2 Bottomless Trap Hole

2 Solemn Warning

1 Solemn Judgment

1 Torrential Tribute

1 Mirror Force

my current IRL Build. I'd kind of like to fit in Dualities when the reprint comes out and maybe a 3rd Veiler but idk about room.

Been playing with Machina Gadgets for a few days, deck handles T1 Tour Guide plays pretty well:

3 Machina Fortress

3 Machina Gearframe

2 Effect Veiler

2 Green Gadget

2 Red Gadget

2 Tragoedia

2 Yellow Gadget

1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness

1 Machina Force

3 Pot of Duality

3 Smashing Ground

2 Mystical Space Typhoon

1 Dark Hole

1 Heavy Storm

1 Monster Reborn

1 Pot of Avarice

2 Bottomless Trap Hole

2 Dimensional Prison

2 Mind Crush

1 Miror Force

1 Solemn Judgment

1 Torrential Tribute

1 Trap Dustshoot

Debating Warning, I like it vs. Plants and rogues but it screws me vs. Lighsworns and Agents with their endless bosses.

I like this, i think machina could be a good & funny option this format :)

I would add a BOM here

I'm starting to think this deck should run 3 Veilers now. Just because of the Tour Guide bullshit this deck has to go through and the multitude of boss monsters other decks have over us.

Also, Sangan? Basically a 4th Veiler. It's sick with Swap and it gives the deck an option of taking their lv3 monster with Swap/E-Con/Mind Control and summoning Leviath/Leviair (it's even better when we side in Banishers after banishing their stuff and then going into Leviair and search for Veiler). Just a thought.

How would rai-oh stop the gadgets? he just let's them waste resources trying to get raioh off the board then he summons the gadget.

Too bad they don't really have to waste any resources to get Rai-Oh the board. The card is weak this metagame.

Lol that's funny that you're already assuming/defining what the metagame will be, and it's not even sept yet. TKR does work... it stops sangan searches and agents alike. There's no need to summon a gadget with TKR on the field. This is simply because thunder king alone with some backrow can win games.

Here's what we know about the metagame: TGU is going to be played by every deck that can benefit from sangan and even some that don't. TGU > TKR 9x out of 10. Heavy Storm and 3 MST are back, so relying on backrows is no longer a smart thing to do. Hopefully you god hand every round with multiple traps out of the 8 you run with starlight road and shrinks. Otherwise, I see no reason for TKR to be a threat.

[quote name='Setsuna19' timestamp='1314478929' post='2969517'

I understand tour guide is an issue vs t-king. I was just saying that thunder king isn't bad because it stops gadget searches.

I didn't say it was bad because it stops gadget searches. I'm saying that coupled with the fact that it stops your own duality (which should be run at 3...) and that TGU is everywhere, TKR is no longer good enough to run it at 3 in the main deck. Honestly in an anti meta build of gadgets, Reborn Tengu should be run at 3 as well...

I'm starting to think this deck should run 3 Veilers now. Just because of the Tour Guide bullshit this deck has to go through and the multitude of boss monsters other decks have over us.

Also, Sangan? Basically a 4th Veiler. It's sick with Swap and it gives the deck an option of taking their lv3 monster with Swap/E-Con/Mind Control and summoning Leviath/Leviair (it's even better when we side in Banishers after banishing their stuff and then going into Leviair and search for Veiler). Just a thought.

3 Veiler is definitely needed in Offering builds (although I still haven't managed to find room in my TG Gadgets =/). It stops most of the big threats and if you have extras you can use it with 2 on-field Gadgets/Tengu for Trishula.

I just haven't had room in Machina for the third, and I'm a bit hesitant to get it in there just because the deck can run out of monsters if you're forced to cut off the Gadget chain for a Fortress (which I can usually avoid but every so often there are situations where Fortress is simply your only out).

And topping a Veiler when you're looking for a monster to go aggro with hurts.

Which do you think will be the best approach for offering gadgets in the beginning of the format?Do you think something like Saizan is necessary or the 2-3 mained veilers are enough for tuners?Since we don't have the good Xyz yet, is 3 Utopia 1 Roach ok?Also, how about Cydras/Monarchs mained?

I was playing around with Agents/LS/etc, and I just got bored of them. So I thought of a rough draft of TGU Gadgets for shits and giggles. It has worked pretty well in testing. I'm not a fan of the Ultimate Offering version, so I don't see myself using that.

Monsters: (18)

1x Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning

2x Tragoedia

6x Gadgets

2x Effect Veiler

3x Reborn Tengu

3x Tour Guide from the Underworld

1x Sangan

Spells: (12)

3x Pot of Duality

2x Smashing Ground

2x Mystical Space Typhoon

1x Book of Moon

1x Dark Hole

1x Monster Reborn

1x Heavy Storm

1x Pot of Avarice

Traps: (12)

2x Dimensional Prison

2x Solemn Warning

2x Starlight Road

2x Mind Crush

1x Solemn Judgment

1x Mirror Force

1x Torrential Tribute

1x Trap Dustshoot

Total: 42

Extra: (15)

1x Ally of Justice Catastor

1x T.G. Hyper Librarian

1x Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

1x Gaia Knight, Force of the Earth

1x Black Rose Dragon

2x Stardust Dragon

1x Scrap Dragon

1x Trishula

2x Number 39: Utopia

1x Steelswarm Roach

1x Grenosaurus

1x Leviair the Sea Dragon

1x Number 17: Leviathan Dragon

I'm still playing with a number of slots such as 2nd SLR, Avarice, etc. I'd like to play a 3rd Veiler, but I'm not sure what to drop. Do you think this concept is viable next format?

I was playing around with Agents/LS/etc, and I just got bored of them. So I thought of a rough draft of TGU Gadgets for shits and giggles. It has worked pretty well in testing. I'm not a fan of the Ultimate Offering version, so I don't see myself using that.

Monsters: (18)

1x Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning

2x Tragoedia

6x Gadgets

2x Effect Veiler

3x Reborn Tengu

3x Tour Guide from the Underworld

1x Sangan

Spells: (12)

3x Pot of Duality

2x Smashing Ground

2x Mystical Space Typhoon

1x Book of Moon

1x Dark Hole

1x Monster Reborn

1x Heavy Storm

1x Pot of Avarice

Traps: (12)

2x Dimensional Prison

2x Solemn Warning

2x Starlight Road

2x Mind Crush

1x Solemn Judgment

1x Mirror Force

1x Torrential Tribute

1x Trap Dustshoot

Total: 42

Extra: (15)

1x Ally of Justice Catastor

1x T.G. Hyper Librarian

1x Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

1x Gaia Knight, Force of the Earth

1x Black Rose Dragon

2x Stardust Dragon

1x Scrap Dragon

1x Trishula

2x Number 39: Utopia

1x Steelswarm Roach

1x Grenosaurus

1x Leviair the Sea Dragon

1x Number 17: Leviathan Dragon

I'm still playing with a number of slots such as 2nd SLR, Avarice, etc. I'd like to play a 3rd Veiler, but I'm not sure what to drop. Do you think this concept is viable next format?

BLS seems like a tough card to play here. How's it been testing?

I think avarice is now a staple, because the games are longer and full of back-and-forth plays. I was finding myself falling BEHIND in advantage against a few decks, which was shocking to me because this deck never falls behind in card advantage.

What's your current build for this format Droo?

I'm wanting to play Gadgets of some kind this list as I'm bored of every other deck, but unsure which direction to take.

BLS is pretty easy to drop when you need it to drop because Utopia comes out so easily, and there are plenty of Darks for you to work with. I think the 3rd Veiler would help it out some though.

I got back to playing 9 Gadgets and I'm loving it still. The extra gadget in hand isn't so bad especially when they Veiler one of them. It also makes Ultimate Offering much more consistent and really, I wouldn't use Ultimate Offering anymore without 9 Gadget total. I threw in Limiter Removal; haven't played it enough yet.

What's your current build for this format Droo?

I'm wanting to play Gadgets of some kind this list as I'm bored of every other deck, but unsure which direction to take.

To be honest, I've only tested a couple locals for this format. I didn't want to go to toronto with rulings still relatively questionable on Tour Guide, and the next big tournament isn't until early October. (The Yugioh Realityshowwtf championship)

I messed a bit with Tour Guide, but I'm not willing to shell out real cash for it until I'm fairly confident that the ruling won't change. If the ruling doesn't change, it's going in the deck for sure, along with a pair of effect veilers.

From what I have tested with Gadgets, they are still tier 1. Storm is stil a 1-of, and virtually no one plays MST at 3. Also, the offering build is so fast that it can sweep games out quickly before LS or Chaos can get a real engine going.

Unfortunately though, I haven't tested against Agents. Which is a big deal. Hopefully steelswarm roach makes that matchup favorable.

I'll post here if I find something really good and new to use in the deck

I got back to playing 9 Gadgets and I'm loving it still. The extra gadget in hand isn't so bad especially when they Veiler one of them. It also makes Ultimate Offering much more consistent and really, I wouldn't use Ultimate Offering anymore without 9 Gadget total. I threw in Limiter Removal; haven't played it enough yet.

This is just me, but I personally don't see how anyone can stand 9 gadgets. With 3 pot of duality, hitting a gadget for offering should rarely, rarely be a problem. If you have ultimate offering, then that's an easy way to dodge veiler. If you don't have offering, then you're not really dying for a gadget, right?

As an Agent player, all we have to do is save our Venus and then Guchi + Venus over your Roach. But obviously if you have Roach + Utopia it could be a pain.

This is just me, but I personally don't see how anyone can stand 9 gadgets. With 3 pot of duality, hitting a gadget for offering should rarely, rarely be a problem. If you have ultimate offering, then that's an easy way to dodge veiler. If you don't have offering, then you're not really dying for a gadget, right?

Now that Tengu doesn't work with Xyz, i actually have a problem with running out of Gadgets too quickly running only 6. Yeah, Avarice recycles them, but relying on a single Avarice isn't really ideal.

Limiter Removal was a fun tech when I played with it (it works nicely with Wind-Up Zenmaister, who has the added bonus of being able to save himself from being destroyed if your opponent doesn't die to the Limiter play).

I wouldn't play it in a large-scale tournament where you're looking for consistency, though; especially since it's at it's best when you're playing a bad card which I pretty much only use because we don't have the good Xyz' like Kachi Kochi and Merrowgeist.

Corn came first in swiss with this at a 2k last weekend I believe.

316343_2195926950521_1617647552_2190158_6487981_n.jpg

• Taylor Wallace What sucks even worse is Adam Corn got 1st.11 hours ago · Like · 10 people
  • 276328_1273276452_2297488_q.jpgJustin Adam Canard ‎^ This11 hours ago · Like
  • 261039_1617647552_4484663_q.jpgAmanda LaPalme He was my tie breaker... I fucked up. Then my second tie breaker, randomly GK's which I didn't misplay but had NOTHING for.11 hours ago · Like
  • 261073_100000199029056_7267221_q.jpgJeremy Walker lol11 hours ago · Like
  • 274803_1807832577_4067547_q.jpgTaylor Wallace What was he running anyways?11 hours ago · Like
  • 261039_1617647552_4484663_q.jpgAmanda LaPalme Ultimate Offering Gadgets. Lololo11 hours ago · Like
  • 274803_1807832577_4067547_q.jpgTaylor Wallace Well I guess thats that.11 hours ago · Like
  • 274111_1408958465_1834372_q.jpgMark Anthony Bondoc adam corn ran the offering gadgets?11 hours ago · Like
  • 261039_1617647552_4484663_q.jpgAmanda LaPalme Yeah.11 hours ago · Like
    I get all this spam because of her, I kinda regret adding her just because she is hot :/

I clearly don't have the list, and its not on youtube either :(

Adam and I played a couple card difference that day because he didn't have a deck in the morning and asked me. Unfortunately I lost to two chain burn decks -___- but here's what he played to the best of my memory

Monsters: 17

2 green

2 red

2 yellow

2 effect veiler

2 thunder king

2 breaker

2 spirit reaper

1 tragoedia

1 BLS

1 bulb

Spells: 10

3 duality

1 avarice

1 smash

1 forbidden lance

1 book

1 mind control

1 reborn

1 dark hole

Traps: 15

1 dustshoot

2 starlight road

2 bottomless

2 d prison

3 offering

2 warning

1 solemn judgment

1 torrential

1 mirror force

The main difference was that I decked 2 lance, 2 trag, and a mole over the second reaper, thunder kings, and BLS. My current list is different now because of how testing changes things. You can see the different versions on my youtube page My link. I'll post up my current list with summoner monks and a couple different choices in a bit.

What's everyone's opinion on BLS in Gadgets?

I personally don't like it. Unless you run TGU, from my experience, you don't have Lights and Darks in the grave consistently enough to drop BLS consistently at will.

What's everyone's opinion on BLS in Gadgets?

I personally don't like it. Unless you run TGU, from my experience, you don't have Lights and Darks in the grave consistently enough to drop BLS consistently at will.

Interesting point. For me BLS is a winmoar card in Gadgets. I have summoned him multiple times though actually. (I was running Veiler/TKRO/Gorz/Trag/Gale at the time.)

Lately though, I've started to drift away from BLS and started to use more utility cards.

You were probably lucky (or I was unlucky, which is most likely), because in my previous and current builds of the deck I run a fair number of Lights/Darks and could hardly even get them to the grave consistently enough to even consider BLS. Imo, a card like Caius is good enough as a pseudo-BLS/Sorcerer in here anyways as it does what they would do a lot of times anyways.

Also, BLS kinda makes Avarice less consistent/live which is a very bad thing imo.