Pharaoh Atem

Thread Creation Quality Control

308 posts in this topic

The September 2011 format is coming. We had best be prepared.

In the half-year to come, we as DGZ must do our best to prevail:

so, we will do our best.

Grant's remarks on the subject are as follows:

If there's an archetype you feel ought be represented, make your case here. If it's deemed a good idea, a thread will be posted in due time.

The odds of your thread suggestion being approved are GREATLY increased when you write a legible and informative intro post for said thread and post it here.

There will be significant penalties for those that try to avert quality control.

Infernity

Infernity - Discussion

Infernity is a deck that emerged in May of 2010 with the release of The Shining Darkness. Ever since then, the arch-type has been a dreaded match-up to face when wielded by a skillful player. At its prime, the deck lost to almost nothing if played flawlessly. With Book at 1 and nobody prepared for this match-up, it might be its time to shine once again.

Monsters commonly used in the deck:

300px-InfernityArchfiendWC09-EN-UR-UE.png

Without this card, this deck would be non-existent. The heart of the deck, this card is what starts your loop and keeps it going. Being able to search any Infernity card instead of having a monster, spell, or trap restriction is a huge boon to this deck. Once you special summon this card, you use it to search Infernity Launcher or Infernity Mirage, then synchro with it. Then you play your Launcher or Mirage and special summon it again, continuing the combo until you're out of said cards. Then you start searching Infernity Barriers and turn your favorable board position into an unbreakable field.

InfernityNecromancerSOVR-EN-C-UE.jpg

A huge recursion card in the deck, this card lets you synchro with Archfiend and Avenger into Hundred-Eyes and start the Barrier loop. It allows you to play out of hard situations and let's you play a grind game. It gives you access to powerful synchro monsters like Ally of Justice Catastor and Black Rose Dragon with Beetle, and even gives you access to Armory arm when combined with Avenger, allowing you to perform the Colossal/Armory OTK without fear of Gorz, Tragoedia or Battle Fader.

300px-InfernityBeetleTSHD-EN-R-1E.png

Once considered a staple, this card fell out of popularity once Infernity Launcher got limited and the deck was move focused on using Infernity Avenger to synchro summon instead. This card alone helps you win the grind games, and can make Level 6/8 Synchros with Archfiend and Level 5/7 Synchros with Necromancer.

300px-InfernityAvengerTSHD-EN-R-1E.png

This card is now considered the staple tuner in the deck. This card alone gives the deck access to the powerful synchro monsters Stygian Sergeants, Hundred-Eyes Dragon and Armory Arm. The Hundred-Eyes/Barrier loop is considered the most powerful and game-breaking loop the deck has, and people have even bumped up to 2 copies of this card to more consistently pull it off.

300px-InfernityMirageTSHD-EN-SR-1E.png

This card resembles the powerful spell card Infernity Launcher, and is definetly a huge card in the deck. This card can start loops and just win you games.

300px-StygianStreetPatrolDREV-EN-ScR-1E.png

This was a card introduced to the archtype after Infernity Launcher got restricted. It kind of fills the void of the missing Launchers, letting you special summon extra Mirages and you otherwise couldn't have got onto the board. It can even special summon Archfiend from your hand and start a loop that way.

300px-TourGuideFromtheUnderworldEXVC-EN-ScR-1E.png

Infernity can arguably abuse Leviair better than another deck with Hundred-Eyes and Infernity Mirage, and with Sangan and copies of Infernity Necromancer you have many targets for your Tour Guide. It also gives the deck a nice Veiler magnet.

300px-LeviairtheSeaDragonGENF-EN-UR-1E.png

With Gold Sarcophagus, Hundred-Eyes Dragon, and Infernity Break this deck can set up Leviair plays very easy. If you choose to go the Tour Guide route this is an incredible bonus for Infernity.

300px-StygianSergeantsWC10-EN-UR-UE.jpg

This card is definitely one of the best level 5 synchros this game has to offer. Being able to attack over a monster and then directly for a whopping 3000 damage is something that definitely should not be ignored. The ability for this card to attack over a bigger monster like Stardust Dragon or Dark Armed Dragon is also possible by swinging on a smaller monster first, then running over the bigger threat with the attack boost.

300px-InfernityDoomDragonTSHD-EN-UR-1E.png

Resembling cards like Chaos Sorcerer and Dark End Dragon, this card is an absolute powerhouse. With its huge attack power, it's definitely a difficult task to get rid of one of these backed by Barriers. A staple in Infernity decks, for sure.

300px-Hundred-EyesDragonJUMP-EN-UR-LE.png

This card creates the most powerful loop the deck has. By tributing Mirage and bringing back Archfiend/Necromancer/Avenger, you can then synchro into this. From there you can use it to copy the in-grave Mirage to tribute itself and summon Archfiend and Necromancer. You search Launcher and use Necromancer to summon Avenger. you make another Hundred-Eyes and just keep on going. By the end of the loop you should control Stardust Dragon, Infernity Doom Dragon, Hundred-Eyes Dragon, a level 5 Synchro of your choice, and 3 Barriers.

300px-InfernityLauncherTSHD-EN-SR-1E.png

This card starts your combo without using up your normal summon. That lets you search Mirage and use it to act like a 2nd Launcher to keep the loop going.

300px-InfernityBarrierTSHD-EN-ScR-1E.png

This TCG Exclusive has made Infernities what they are today. Summoning a bunch of synchros and searching anywhere from 1-3 copies of this card is devastating and game-breaking. Fields like that are usually impossible to break so once you've accomplished your combo you've pretty much won the game. This card also makes it possible for this deck to play a slow and controlled game.

300px-InfernityBreakTSHD-EN-C-1E.png

This card, usually played in 1s is some nice removal that the deck needs. Again, it helps and deck play a control game and is an alternative and sometimes better search than Barrier if you have a read on what they have or you've ran out of Barriers to search for.

300px-InfernityInfernoTSHD-EN-R-1E.png

Probably the best card in the deck. This card is the fastest and most effective way to load up your graveyard and dump your hand. Getting one of these off and freezing your opponent's backrows means you've won the game via Mirage or Launcher.

Any super aggressive deck is a hard matchup for this deck, but you should be prepared for that with your sidedeck. Any slow deck or deck that plays no backrows (Frogs, Fish) should be a very easy win for this deck.

I'll have the Karakuri thread up by tomorrow hopefully.

With the release of Trishula on the horizon, expect this card to start seeing more play in this decktype again.

Oh, ok.

There are a few other anachronisms, but this is the most glaring.

A topic like this should be pinned imo.

With the release of Trishula on the horizon, expect this card to start seeing more play in this decktype again.

Oh, ok.

The starting post on each thread is for the basics of the deck...You know so any 10 year old can read it and understand it....You dick.

Oh, ok.

The starting post on each thread is for the basics of the deck...You know so any 10 year old can read it and understand it....You dick.

Except for it doesn't help a 10-year-old out when you make them think that Trishula isn't released yet.

The whole point of this thread is Quality Control. I was helping with that goal.

my bad i didn't read his post close enough lol...

you are no longer a dick. you are awesome.

Um, thanks.

Back on topic, the part of the Infernity thread mentioning Colossal Armory Arm OTK needs to be removed.

I should have the Gladiator one done within the new couple days.

@ the Trishula thing; I just copied the last one I wrote, updated it for current format but missed that. Will remove it.

T.G. needs to be moved from rogue to here, deck didn't get touched. Best deck to combat the meta too.

T.G. needs to be moved from rogue to here, deck didn't get touched. Best deck to combat the meta too.

HGSS_Slowpoke_Sprite_by_Pokemon_Diamond.gif

As much as I appreciate the Slowpoke gif, it doesn't change my statement.

There isn't a "Rouge" forum anymore.

There isn't a "Rouge" forum anymore.

Ah, you're right, it's been archived.

Hi.

The Tech Genus (T.G.) monsters are an archetype introduced the 5Ds series, used by the character Bruno, or better known as Antinomy. This deck has the ability to churn out synchros and their best non-synchro monsters have Darksoul-esque traits, giving them the ability to grab out their other T.G. brethren.

Monsters

t.g._striker.jpgEXVC-EN020.jpg

These two monsters are very good in their own right. With Striker, you essentially have a Cyber Dragon that is a tuner. Warwolf can special summon itself when any level 4 monster is special summoned, meaning you can summon it right after Striker if you wanted to or in your opponent's turn. The great thing about these two is that they don't eat your normal summon, so you can proceed to normal something else and continue to make plays such as Normal Summoning a level 4 Monster and synchro summoning Trishula.

t.g._rush_rhino.jpg

The beater of the deck, rises to 2000 when attacking, so is auto-win against the popular 1900 attack Level 4's, always a great thing to grab off Warwolf or Striker and together with Striker makes Naturia Barkion or any other level 6 synchro you desire.

300px-RebornTenguEXVC-EN-UR-LE.jpg

An excellent floater: 1700 attack, replaces itself when it's removed from the field, and is compatible with Horn of the Phantom Beast. What else is there to say?

Synchros

20110623013646!T.G.HyperLibrarianJUMP-EN-UR.jpgEXVC-EN040.png

Librarian needs no explanation. This card is so horrendously broken and is an Extra Deck staple. Wonder Magician is just like Formula Synchron as it's another Synchro tuner, it has the nifty ability to pop a S/T upon its summon. And, if it's destroyed, you get to draw a card. Win-win. Perfect synchro to make with T.G. Striker and T.G. Warwolf without using your Normal Summon.

t.g._power_gladiator.jpg

Another option for a Striker-Warwolf combo. Has a Piercing effect and replaces itself when destroyed by drawing a card.

Spells/Traps

tg1_em1.jpg

TG1-EM1 is flat out ridiculous. You swap whatever T.G. monster you want with your opponent's and proceed to run over your T.G. monster in order to search during the End Phase. This is also a great defensive card because you can easily disrupt your opponent's momentum with it.

HornofthePhantomBeastDREV-EN-R-1E.jpg

A great trap card to use in this deck. Your Tengus suddenly jump up to 2500, and your Rhinos turn into 2800s on your turn, matching and exceeding some of the best Synchros today. Flip this during Damage Calc, and draw a card? Yes, please. Equippable by Reborn Tengu, T.G. Warwolf, T.G. Rush Rhino.

18310_1M_Skill_Drain.JPEG

A perfect answer to the upcoming meta, barely touches your own Monsters as they all activate in the Graveyard near enough while negating all of your opponent's Monster effects stopping a LOT of decks in it's tracks.

Optional Choices

StarlightRoadDPCT-EN-ScR-LE.png

Protect your Skill Drains and Horn of the Phantom Beasts from Heavy Storm and mass destruction and get a free Stardust Dragon in return? Nice.

Yu-Gi-Oh-Champion-Pack-1-King-Tiger-Wanghu.jpg

Unsure how effective this card will be coming into the new format, but time will tell, compatible with Horn of the Phantom Beast.

BeastKingBarbarosJUMP-EN-UR-LE.png

Becomes a 3000 attack monster you can Normal Summon with Skill Drain up and is compatible with Horn of the Phantom Beast, what more could you want?

Example List

3x T.G. Rush Rhino

3x T.G. Striker

3x T.G. Warwolf

3x Reborn Tengu

1x Book of Moon

1x Heavy Storm

1x Pot of Avarice

1x Monster Reborn

1x Dark Hole

3x Pot of Duality

3x Starlight Road

3x Skill Drain

3x TG1-EM1

1x Solemn Judgment

1x Dimensional Prison

3x Horn of the Phantom Beast

2x Bottomless Trap Hole

1x Torrential Tribute

1x Mirror Force

2x Solemn Warning

Will there be no LS discussion?

That one had already been rewritten and shouldn't be archived.

That one had already been rewritten and shouldn't be archived.

Pengwan, updated T.G. good enough for you bro?

I cannot approve them, but it looks fine although iirc they have 1 Quick-Play that isn't completely terrible and could be mentioned since it's a T.G. card.

I cannot approve them, but it looks fine although iirc they have 1 Quick-Play that isn't completely terrible and could be mentioned since it's a T.G. card.

The half a TG, blow up a spell or trap? Seems bad when the deck doesn't run mst a lot of the time.

Yeah I know, just a thought

Yeah I know, just a thought

I axed Cyber Magician from the old thread too, janky card.