:{D outplayedimo

Absolute Crusader

AbsoluteCrusaderGENF-EN-SR-1E.jpg

I think this card was over looked by lots of people and has lots of potential. Its 1800 thats not horrible, it is not limited to inherent special summons like thunder king so it stops top deck reborn calls etc. The only weakness I see is stardust. But this card plus protection can easily end the game or make them minus hard to kill it. Its no thunder king replacement or anything just if you max out on thunder king maybe you could tech one of these. Whats your opinions?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Levski    69

still allows summons to happen though, doesn't negate and the monster can still get its effect.

• Upvote 4

still allows summons to happen though, doesn't negate and the monster can still get its effect.

Well yeah but its a trigger effect so they lose priority on the effects so only cards like trish can use there effects.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Jordan123    1536

In space thats already tight you try to fit thunderkings unless your running something like anti meta. I doubt people will be able to find room for this aswell and honestly if I had the choice to summon thunderking or this. It would be no competition. It's a nice card but thunderking is just better.

In space thats already tight you try to fit thunderkings unless your running something like anti meta. I doubt people will be able to find room for this aswell and honestly if I had the choice to summon thunderking or this. It would be no competition. It's a nice card but thunderking is just better.

No need to clarify what i just said. :P

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wumbologist    14202

This would be a lot more playable if we got the ruling change on priority for ignition effects.

»Draigun    6835

Got a few sitting in my binder to push off when that does happen, lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

bricemck    134

It looks mandatory, that really hurts it's playability since it can't negate the summon. I can use a special summon just to get rid of him, and it could still be beneficial to me.

Call of the Haunted -> Sangan is the best example I can think of.

This would be a lot more playable if we got the ruling change on priority for ignition effects.

it already gets around those.

the problem is triggers like trish.

»Draigun    6835

It looks mandatory, that really hurts it's playability since it can't negate the summon. I can use a special summon just to get rid of him, and it could still be beneficial to me.

"When a Level 5 or higher monster is Special Summoned..."

• Upvote 2

No. Read the card sir it has to be 5 or higher

bricemck    134

"When a Level 5 or higher monster is Special Summoned..."

Reading comprehension for the lose

thank you for pointing that out

you too forbidden one

Shadow Lord    268

It states level 5 or higher, so no its problem isnt easy special summons. Most special summons that will force this are not floaters.

The problem I see with this card is mostly that it doesnt stop trigger effects(priority doesnt make a difference, it's effect is a trigger and takes the on summon priority regardless) and it doesn't negate the summon allowing something like SDD to be summoned and chained. It will also kill your own cards if you happen to special summon a level 5 or higher monster. It can't stop BRD from nuking and furthermore what puts the final nail in the coffin for it is that It doesn't stop Xyz. So it has Roach's weakness while also not being a card who is basically infinitely tutorable.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Wumbologist    14202

Oh, my mistake then. So it's like King Tiger Wanghu?

Quack    1840

wait why?

wait why?

Its a trigger effect so its CL1 priority means making your effect CL1 but since u cant the monster loses prio.

»Sharpman    4801

wait why?

Its a trigger effect so its CL1 priority means making your effect CL1 but since u cant the monster loses prio.

EDIT: Thought he was a you can. It makes him slightly worse that you have to tribute him.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

wait why?

Your opponent has every right to respond with priority on a monster summon. After the summon of a monster, unless there is a mandatory trigger in the way, the turn player can respond with the monster's ignition effect. For example, They can try to kill something with Hyperion, and as a result you cannot use this guy if that happens

LOL read what im saying it is a manditory trigger it says it on the card. Cards like king tiger hyper librarian etc stop monster from havieng priority

Shadow Lord    268

wait why?

Your opponent has every right to respond with priority on a monster summon. After the summon of a monster, unless there is a mandatory trigger in the way, the turn player can respond with the monster's ignition effect. For example, They can try to kill something with Hyperion, and as a result you cannot use this guy if that happens

LOL read what im saying it is a manditory trigger it says it on the card. Cards like king tiger hyper librarian etc stop monster from havieng priority

Even optional triggers prevent priority from being taken. You can only activate an ignition effect if it's a legal time for you to activate it (either of the main phases) and there are no other effects set to activate at the point and time you wish to use it (ANY trigger effect will cause you to be unable to do this). Optional Triggers only do not prevent priority from being taken if the controlling player chooses not to activate it (iirc anyways)

Slight Edit: Thinking over this a second time I'm fairly certain there are no optional triggers which can be activated during the opponent's turn(Haven't looked this up but I can't remember any). All effects which are worded as optional trigger effects but may be activated during the opponent's turn seem to be Quick Effects, not actual Optional Triggers. Therefore it might be that no optional trigger can't take away priority of the opponent, because optional triggers only can be used during the controlling player's turn.

»Pharaoh Atem    15766

The thing to remember is that Trigger Effects do not violate the rules of Priority.

The rules of priority denote only which player may currently act - not HOW they may act.

In any case where the non-turn player has the right to respond to an event before the Turn Player, it is NOT because Priority has been ignored or tampered with. It is because the Turn Player had the right to act, but could not legally use that right, and was forced to pass to the opponent.

Sick Boy    1857

Its basically a Thunder King for Immortal Bushi decks.

Punishment    94

>Special Summon BLS, Chaos Sorcerer, any Synchro/Fusion

>Absolute Crusader only destroys it

>Monster Reborn/Call

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Also, Stardust would just turn this into a minus

»Exhale    6627

destiny draw on destiny hero malicious

remove destiny hero malicious

ah fuck

• Upvote 1

Lang    905

If only rota was able to go to 2/3, Id try toolbox in a heartbeat again.

DAMN YOU SAMURAIS/GREPHER/STRATOS/INSERT OTHER BROKE WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!

Sick Boy    1857

If only rota was able to go to 2/3, Id try toolbox in a heartbeat again.

DAMN YOU SAMURAIS/GREPHER/STRATOS/INSERT OTHER BROKE WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!

You can always run it in Warrior Toolbox and pull it back with A Warrior Returning Alive. Kinda like how Exiled Force is used in that deck.