Pengwan

Evolzar Rabbit - Discussion

darkruler    518
[quote name='W.Dominik' timestamp='1323687267' post='3050711']
[quote name='Ace of Spades' timestamp='1323656057' post='3050455']
Oh yes... you play Dw with Morphin Jar and Card Destruction...

Do anything with 2 cards doesn't make a Combo Deck.
[/quote]

It's only 2 cards out of 40 lol.
[/quote]
And yet every Dark World Scrub on DN opens with both of them...
  • Upvote 2

»Sharpman    4800

[/quote]

Yes, because it requires a combo (short for combination) of 2 cards to do anything significant in that deck (sans tour guide/ other staples)

Dark World is without a doubt a combo deck

[quote name='Sharpman' timestamp='1323695887' post='3050746']

[/quote]

Yes, because it requires a combo (short for combination) of 2 cards to do anything significant in that deck (sans tour guide/ other staples)

Dark World is without a doubt a combo deck
[/quote]

Ok... if you consider that a Combo Deck is good...

Return to Rabbit Discussion...
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

prevalence    468
I've been trying to play this but Kabazauls is just so fucking bad.

The only thing I like is that Guaiba is insaneee.
  • Upvote 2

Warthog    165
Ive been playing this with D-Fissure mained and 2 Doomcals over Thunder Kings, I've been liking it thus far.

I think it's also possible to splash the Rabbit Engine in another deck, like playing only the few good cards 3 Sabersaurus, 3 Guaiba and 1 Rabbit. The perfect Rabbit splash deck is anywhere out there to be build but not from me i guess ;)

To give you guys some additional view about all this Rabbit stuff and ideas. There are more ways to play a Rabbit deck than the hardcore engine.
  • Upvote 1

+scuzzlebutt    23567
[quote name='Ace of Spades' timestamp='1323646252' post='3050327']
Rabbit is a Combo Deck?... Sure broh.

Rabbit is a Control Deck.

Open with TGU, Gold Sarc and DFissure yes, I think is the best Turn 1 hand... but if you just have DFissure in the Field, believe me, you don't like to draw the other two.
[/quote]
you're a fucking retard.

a combo deck is something that seeks to win off of the same play or series of plays every game and does so as fast as possible before the opponent can do anything to stop it. once you get your [i]combo[/i] off you are in a winning position, hence the term. in this case the combo is anything involving rabbit into laggia and setting protection. ftks and otks fall into this category. dark world kinda does too. but this deck definitely does and if you don't think so you are objectively and provably wrong. way to completely disregard the sentiment of my post and the point i was trying to make as well. when someone argues against your point, just restate what you originally said, that's a great way to discuss and analyze a deck.
  • Upvote 1

prevalence    468
I'm pretty sure this has been said before but Rabbit is just Six Sam...

You make [s]Shien[/s] Dino XYZ, set backrows and hope they can't break your setup.
You also have a nut combo [s]Gateway, United[/s] Tour Guide + Sarco that often flat out wins.

If you can't setup some sort of [s]Shien[/s] Dino play you aren't really going anywhere, and you will often just flat out lose if you don't have some sort of hand that can accomplish that.

[quote name='Claudio Kirchmair' timestamp='1323739525' post='3051209']
I think it's also possible to splash the Rabbit Engine in another deck, like playing only the few good cards 3 Sabersaurus, 3 Guaiba and 1 Rabbit. The perfect Rabbit splash deck is anywhere out there to be build but not from me i guess ;)

To give you guys some additional view about all this Rabbit stuff and ideas. There are more ways to play a Rabbit deck than the hardcore engine.
[/quote]

Yeah I've been trying to find something to splash Guaiba in :P
Card would be so ridiculous as a Dark or Light...

+scuzzlebutt    23567
[quote name='Halcyon' timestamp='1323745734' post='3051293']
I'm pretty sure this has been said before but Rabbit is just Six Sam...

You make [s]Shien[/s] Dino XYZ, set backrows and hope they can't break your setup.
You also have a nut combo [s]Gateway, United[/s] Tour Guide + Sarco that often flat out wins.

If you can't setup some sort of [s]Shien[/s] Dino play you aren't really going anywhere, and you will often just flat out lose if you don't have some sort of hand that can accomplish that.
[/quote]
my point exactly

OMFG, have a very wrong concept of what a Combo Deck is.

A Combo deck is one that "explodes" in a play, for example Inferniry when there were 3 Lauchers and 3 Trishula. The objective of Rabbit is to control you with Evolzars and the backrow.

[quote name='Scuzzlebutt' timestamp='1323740170' post='3051215']you're a fucking retard.[/quote]

Like you?

[url="http://articles.alterealitygames.com/?p=6884"]http://articles.alte...mes.com/?p=6884[/url]
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 16

ShinySharks    60
[quote name='Ace of Spades' timestamp='1323748212' post='3051325']
OMFG, have a very wrong concept of what a Combo Deck is.

A Combo deck is one that "explodes" in a play, for example Inferniry when there were 3 Lauchers and 3 Trishula. The objective of Rabbit is to control you with Evolzars and the backrow.

[quote name='Scuzzlebutt' timestamp='1323740170' post='3051215']you're a fucking retard.[/quote]

Like you?

[url="http://articles.alterealitygames.com/?p=6884"]http://articles.alte...mes.com/?p=6884[/url]
[/quote]

Your sentence structure don't even make sense, you keep repeating the same infernity shit over and over again. You're fighting a losing battle so take a break and let this thread restore to its normal productive state.
  • Upvote 3

+scuzzlebutt    23567
[quote name='Ace of Spades' timestamp='1323748212' post='3051325']A Combo deck is one that "explodes" in a play[/quote]
oh so I guess Plants, Teledad, Zombies, Lightsworn, and pretty much more than half of every deck in modern yugioh is a combo deck. shut up.

also that antimeta thing is fucking retarded, not every combo wins by dealing 8000 damage, just like with infernity (since thats what you like to harp on apparently) you can have combo decks that win by locking your opponent out of the game.

to determine what kind of deck you're talking about you have to look at the variance in its win conditions. in magic, the term is used to describe decks like Valakut or Living End, that either employ alternate win conditions or seek to play and/or protect the same card every game and ultimately win through that card (this is a very bad way to word this and if anyone else wants to help me out here feel free). to apply this term to yugioh, let's look at a couple of decks we already know we can label as "combo decks." herald of perfection, back in 2010 nats format (tbh one can argue that every deck this format was a combo deck, fuck this format), is a good example of an archetypal combo deck. even though it had various plays to make and different ways to get out its namesake, it always won in the exact same way -- by summoning Herald of Perfection and possibly Archlord Kristya, negating its opponent's shit, and eventually attacking for game. there was very little variance in how that deck won. it always sought to make the same plays, or "combo," a term used very loosely here and not in the traditional sense of "oh that's a cool combo of cards." the same thing applies to samurai, which is another quintessential combo deck: while it had various paths to Shi En, it always made Shi En and fodder for it and controlled the game through that setup before swinging for game in a matter of turns.

compare that to plants, which is a deck that, while usually winning games by stringing together synchro summons, can win games in a variety of fashions, including early-game pressure with thunderking and tengu, or through combos with tour guide, or various combinations of any of these. the variance in its wins is very high -- generally speaking, there are tons of different combinations and plays the deck can make that all end in different fields and setups and that all end the game in different ways.
  • Upvote 4

Spooderman    7232

[/quote]
thanks for your valuable insight
  • Upvote 1

Steve Wainman    1350
This deck is a combo deck, the best in a while quite frankly because it requires 1 card to get a +1 and you can stall until you draw X card or X Card to get it back. ALso any deck playing 2-3 Gold Sarc is a combo based deck to me.
  • Upvote 1

guylaroche5    558
i tried a stunnish approach without dfissure and found it to be pretty meh. if there was a positive to come out of it though it was that dprison does WERK. i might keep 3 just because the card is so good for guys that like to poke with sangan early.

Steve Wainman    1350
What do you guys think of the Chaos match-up, everyone says they have a clear advantage but I have been destroying them, anyone having a problem in that match-up?

Warthog    165

[/quote]

Ive been messing around with a Agent Rabbit deck with just 3 Sabersaurus and 3 Guaiba.. its nice not being blocked by something 2500+ like the hardcore rabbit deck has troubles with. Deck does run 3 Rabbit atm but might change. Wish there was another way to put back Sabersaurus back into the deck other than at one PoA. Tried Transmigration but cant see myself maining that sucker.

+scuzzlebutt    23567
[quote name='Claudio Kirchmair' timestamp='1323823059' post='3052026']
depends on the build. if you play vs Courtney Waller then it's a good matchup xD
[/quote]
only if you aren't running maxx c for him to play into

Vince    8
Are people playing a Two-Headed King Rex over Kazabuls right now? Or are they playing another set of vanillas?

»victor    6399
[quote name='Vince' timestamp='1323879637' post='3052444']
Are people playing a Two-Headed King Rex over Kazabuls right now? Or are they playing another set of vanillas?
[/quote]

The only reason decks are able to play 3 Sabersaurus + 3 Gene Warped in the OCG is because of Daigusto Emeral.

With only 1 Transmigration Prophecy and PoA, you can't pump out Evolzars consistently with 3 Sabers. If you happen to draw 2, all avenues of Evolzars are out of the question.

And Utopia and Roach are distinctly subpar to Laggia and Dolkka, we don't even have Pearl or Merrowgeist (2600 ATK and anti-floater effect have its uses).

And 1700 ATK is better than 1600 ATK (that King Rex has). You can run over spent Breaker or unprotected Venus.

Unless you play,

[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111208154315/yugioh/images/thumb/5/5f/GemMerchantHA05-EN-SR-1E.jpg/300px-GemMerchantHA05-EN-SR-1E.jpg[/img]

I see no real reason to play King Rex.

You could always play Gemini Elf and something like Gale for Arcanite Magician, so if you're willing to dilute and experiment with cards like Faustian Bargain and Heat Wave, by all means go for it.

guylaroche5    558
my guess for rex is for people maining glow up bulb or something and want to make beast/barkion

also, it's twin mother fuckin king rex

Vince    8
Thanks Victor. I thought I was missing something about Rex. I just thought it was weird people are talking about that card.

E-Van    20
Still really unsure of d fissure vs standard with maxx c and maybe veiler. Both have tested pretty well, guess ill have to make a judgement call on it.