Sign in to follow this  
blueD

Hi Ash/Dave

blueD    147

I got 15k to blow on a (new/used) car. Ash, I know you going recommend the VW Golf..

Basically a small car

Something reliable and extremely good on gas.

So please don't recommend me a 200X Bimmer or a truck/suv.

Honestly handling is completely a non factor for me. I'm being dead serious here, I rather have good cup holders...

My biggest priority is the gas, since I commute almost 2 hrs a day.

I am seriously considering a Prius. . I'm also looking at some Hyundai (Accent/Sonata), Mazada 2 , and Ford (Fusion/Focus/Fiesto).

I can't input any information from a insurance point of view from the states, but I did work in an auto shop for 3+ years and have had a lot of experience with many vehicles.

I personally feel for both durability and long-term investing you're 100% better off getting a Toyota or a Honda. I'm not band wagoning here, just their engineering and durability is extreme, Both come with a small L4 engine, which would be very efficient on fuel. Toyota and Honda vehicles tend to last 300k+ and would be cheap on parts for general maintenance.

Nichigo    709

How "used" are you willing to go? I can recommend some really used cars that'll get you better mileage than any of the current hybrids...but they're all older/high mileage.

Model    864

Would you like to go Sedan or Coupe? If you're looking for durability and great gas mileage, I would go ahead and say Honda. Would you like 5 speed or Automatic? 2005-2008 You can get a nice Honda for 7-12 k.

+rei+    34345

Volkswagen Jetta or Golf TDI

50 MPG

Drives like a real car

frequently the engines last till 600 000 miles

• Upvote 1

BiPi    1031
i test drove a Mazda 2 before getting my 3. stay away. it's a cheapy that i can't honestly say has much longevity behind it.

the Hyundai Accent 2012, however, is great. i was going to buy it but they were all sold out. the one i test drove was green lol but yeah, this was by far my first pick and if you have any in your area in your style (hopefully hatchback SE ;) ), then i highly advise it.

+rei+    34345
The Accent is solid enough and DIRT CHEAP, I gotta give it credit for that.

The 3 is a good car, better than the 2 by miles- The Fiesta would have been a good option as well but a lot smalle than the 3 and you might appreciate the extra space down the road

BiPi    1031
fiesta storage is actually pretty good, decent legroom, but my main gripe with it: it's a ford. it's near top of its class but it's just... a ford.

and it feels a bit feminine too.

+rei+    34345
[quote name='BiPi' timestamp='1318813983' post='3009678']
fiesta storage is actually pretty good, decent legroom, but my main gripe with it: it's a ford. it's near top of its class but it's just... a ford.

and it feels a bit feminine too.
[/quote]
Fords gotten good in the last few years
Also Top Ger did a chase through a mall and stormed a beach in a fiesta