851 posts in this topic

Yeah okay, the first question that comes to mind is.

Why are you running nisamu in the first place? Maybe it's just me, but I was never a fan of nisamu. Although getting any level 4 or lower does have it's perks when you can't just ridic search with cash cache and etc.

First question that comes to mind is,

Why aren't you running a monster that can retrieve just about any monster from the deck?

Sure its another searcher that lets you search basically whatever you need. I get that. But with karakuri insane searching power you don't need him. The only reasons I see to use him are

A: Use him to get haipa to run over rai-ohs and other big beaters.

B: Use him to go on the defensive.

But karakuri don't necessarily NEED him to play on the defensive. I'd much rather set a sazank than set a nisamu. Since Sazank sends 1 monster to the grave. It doesn't destroy meaning stardust can't activate and etc and haipa can't run over stardust.

I'm really liking Enemy Controller in this deck for Kuik plays. It's also a really easy out to Rai-Oh.

And well, you know, E-Con is extremely versatile and skillful in itself, so it's always a reliable card in my opinion.

I'm also considering maining 1 Starlight Road. If I don't have Nat Beast out, the only thing I'm usually afraid of is Dark Hole. And when I want to go off, Torrential can be really annoying. And when I DO have Nat. Beast out, Mirror Force is one of their few outs (assuming I have Veiler/Fiendish).

thoughts about playing / siding Castle come DW ?

seems solid to me tbh, Gate makes the deck, getting rid of it and being able to make cool Kuick plays and a big guy when its destroyed seems cool.

seems solid to me tbh, Gate makes the deck, getting rid of it and being able to make cool Kuick plays and a big guy when its destroyed seems cool.

If only grapha had 1600 defense instead of 1800...

I don't really see the point in siding castle against DW. Just for the simple fact they only need 1 turn to explode. I'd rather side in more backrow hate.

How does everyone think this deck will handle Darkworlds? This deck gets destroyed by Viruses.

Machine Duplication is staple in this deck to me.

Also, I think Barkion should be included in the OP amongst the Naturia synchros because even though its rare ( and not good right now) Karakuris can still make him.

Barkion bad? Shit puts in work vs T.G. just like Nat Beast puts in work vs DW.

310px-KarakuriNinjamdl339SazankSTBL-EN-SR-1E.jpg

Really deserves to be in the OP. Karakuri's ultimate out to just about any monster and can be used for barkion. The only non tuner 3 star they have.

310px-KarakuriNinjamdl339SazankSTBL-EN-SR-1E.jpg

Really deserves to be in the OP. Karakuri's ultimate out to just about any monster and can be used for barkion. The only non tuner 3 star they have.

It's in Other Options. The problem with Sazank is that it doesn't mesh with the general Karakuri theme of spam with Burei/Bureido to achieve big boards. It's cool that it can make Barkion, but the only time that would be optimal is if you have it in your hand and you just ss'd a Ninishi off Burei/Bureido to summon Sazank make it.

Also, I think Barkion should be included in the OP amongst the Naturia synchros because even though its rare ( and not good right now) Karakuris can still make him.

unlike Nat Beast vs DW, T.G. can make a bajillion and one outs to Barkion in a pinch because of Striker, from gaia knight to catastor to trishula to brionac to their own barkion

it's still a good card against the deck but it's not comparable to Beast vs DW

and it's nowhere near as easy to make as Beast

T.G isnt enough imo to run Barkion right now. When Darkworlds come out it should be in your extra though. Thats why its not so good now but great then.

How does everyone think this deck will handle Darkworlds? This deck gets destroyed by Viruses.

300px-NaturiaBeastHA02-EN-ScR-1E.jpg

Veiler and Maxx C will probably lose popularity in the main deck too, which is good for karakuri. VS Darkworld you can pretty much always guarantee a first turn Naturia Beast if you have the right cards for it.

Veiler and Maxx C will probably lose popularity in the main deck too, which is good for karakuri. VS Darkworld you can pretty much always guarantee a first turn Naturia Beast if you have the right cards for it.

Okay? Thats like saying. You can pretty much first turn exodia if you have the right cards for it. The problem is getting the cards and getting around stuff that stops us from doing that like Rai-oh. With all the TGU crap(acid golem, zenmaines,etc) and agents. I highly doubt veiler will becoming out main deck any time soon. Same with Maxx "C"

Okay? Thats like saying. You can pretty much first turn exodia if you have the right cards for it. The problem is getting the cards and getting around stuff that stops us from doing that like Rai-oh. With all the TGU crap(acid golem, zenmaines,etc) and agents. I highly doubt veiler will becoming out main deck any time soon. Same with Maxx "C"

raioh will not stop you from making first turn nat beast against dark world

it all depends on how significant a player darkworld becomes in our meta

I'm not referring to Rai-oh in dark world. I'm talking about Rai-oh in general which shuts down this deck. And what if you don't get komachi/cache or komachi/inashichi first turn and they play Rai-oh with protection? And even against dark world, if you can't first turn Nat beast and they explode.

I'm not referring to Rai-oh in dark world. I'm talking about Rai-oh in general which shuts down this deck. And what if you don't get komachi/cache or komachi/inashichi first turn and they play Rai-oh with protection?

then you don't push to make a naturia beast turn 1 against that deck seeing as though the deck you are playing against is clearly not dark world and thus not the deck you want to make nat beast against on turn 1
And even against dark world, if you can't first turn Nat beast and they explode.

then you play out of it like the deck does regardless, the idea is that you run enough cards so that first turn nat beast against dw is as likely as possible

How are peoples Extras looking? Im having a hard time trying to find room for everything.

1 Ally of Justice Catastor

1 Black Rose Dragon

1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

3 Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"

1 Karakuri Steel Shogun mdl 00X "Bureido"

1 Naturia Barkion

2 Naturia Beast

1 Scrap Dragon

1 Stardust Dragon

1 Number 11: Big Eye

1 Number 39: Utopia

1 Steelswarm Roach

Definitely missing some stuff that I should have. I'm testing big eye. It's extremely easy to get 2 burei on the field for big eye.

lol

1. The comparison with Exodia only holds in the sense that they are both unopposed. However, comparing the probability of opening Exodia and opening with this 2-card combo makes no sense. You only need Komachi in hand + Merchant/Cash Cache to get this combo, which is what makes it extremely easy. The only other deck that can easily produce this first turn Naturia Beast is Samurai with Elder/Kagemusha + Asceticism, or Dojo plays.

2. Rai-Oh is irrelevant, since my post was about first-turn Naturia Beast, and I do mean when you win the die roll and it is the first turn of the match. Furthermore, Rai-Oh's popularity in the main-deck is dependent on how the meta shapes up. Regardless, my post was not about how to handle second-turn openings. That's another topic.

3. As far as Veiler/Maxx C losing popularity, it may or may not be the case that they do. It really depends on how the meta shapes up to be, and what other exclusives are revealed. Which is why I said "probably".

4. Furthermore, I was mostly talking about the Darkworld matchup, if you read my sentence. In the darkworld matchup, Naturia Beast is key if it happens before Grapha is in the grave, and it is unlikely that you will get hit by Veiler (space is tight in that deck, and Veiler being in the main is not guaranteed). If the spells are cut off, you only have 2 worries: Grapha in hand and TGU, but for those there are plenty of solutions - Fiendish Chain, Solemn Warning, Bottomless Trap Hole, Book of Moon, Enemy Controller.

You could side dimensional fissure. Vs DW is pretty much game, and if you are playing agains something like plants, d. fissure will fuck their veilers, maxx c's, TKRO...

You could side dimensional fissure. Vs DW is pretty much game, and if you are playing agains something like plants, d. fissure will fuck their veilers, maxx c's, TKRO...

It also prevents your Naturia Beast from working, which means you have no protection for Dimensional Fissure. What I really like about D-Fissure is that it does make Veilers and Maxx C's dead, which can be extremely good.

It's a better side in Samurais I think, because they have Shi En to protect it. Still, it's a viable option in Karakuri too.

This deck is actually getting more attention than anyone will ever know. I personally really like this, obviously if you can drop beast t1-2 its game over in a lot of matchups assuming you drew protection of some kind and that is such a powerful tool for a deck to have.

This and Dojo Samurais are the sleepers of the upcoming format. Naturia beast/shien are such great cards post DW