Starwind

Paranormal Activity 3

Schism    986
I watched the 1st one. Didn't even bother to watch the 2nd

»rap tap    20154
can we not

please

Ordyh    332
I'm actually a fan of the series. The first one was amazing. Really original and enjoyable. However coming out with one every year is going to make me hate it like I do the Saw Series.

Dgz Punk    929
Bloody mary made me laugh, considering I've done it in my bathroom lol.

Blex64    161
[quote name='pkmn prof. grant' timestamp='1318307637' post='3005414']
I preferred the second to the first, tbh. it was a lot "eerier," as in it actually affected me a little.

that said, I'm sure this will suck dick.
[/quote]

I agree to an extent, but I still think the whole idea was a one-time only thing. I guess this family just fucking loves home videos! The second was better in some ways though. The children and dog make the events more tragic, and I think having more people involved hardened the impact.

Gary Oak    846
This is actually getting very good reviews - considering it's the 3rd you'd assume it would be shit -- but fuck man I am ready for this.

Sykotic    7973
where are you seeing these good reviews because i can't seem to find any of them
  • Upvote 3

Sage.    757
I just watched the first two today and they were pretty good, but not amazing. I liked the second overall more although I felt like it could have / should have been the first until the very end. These are interesting because I've never really enjoyed a scare film, but I enjoyed watching these. Not even for the scare quality really, they were just pretty interesting and suspenseful. I hope they don't overdo these, but I feel like the first two have been fine and they still have room to improve so hopefully the 3rd won't disappoint.

This trailer looks pretty good actually. Looks a lot more intense than the last two and honestly it looks like the characters are actually showing some sort of basic human reactions! One of the things that irked me most about the first two was that the families got the shit out of them but didn't do anything about it really, they just sort of cowered in fear and hoped for the best. At least in this one I see people with their backs against a door trying to stop something from getting in (not that it will help, it's still something that pretty much anybody would do in that situation) and being at least a little bit curious as to what the fuck it is. Hopefully the characters in this might show just a bit of fucking intelligence and the experience will be that much better.

apparently the 3rd doesnt have as strong as storyline as first 2 however they really upped the ante with tension, scares and overall shit-your-pants moments, so probably going to be worth a watch and not be hilarious like the earlier ones, What was it a haunting in conneticut was another good paranormal horror film iirc.

[quote name='Sykotic' timestamp='1318634757' post='3008326']
where are you seeing these good reviews because i can't seem to find any of them
[/quote]
I would say 83% is a pretty decent score on RT.

Pokey!    101
Typical horror series: first movie was great, sequels are shitty and pointless.

[quote name='Starwind' timestamp='1319173288' post='3013179']
The 2nd one was the only good one.
[/quote]
The first one was much better than the second one.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Loaded Dice    1182
I want to see this and think it'll be good, but I'm just not feeling it. Also the second one actually made me jump twice throughout the movie unlike the first one. Concept was cool, but now they're just milking it.

Indignation    2858
this one apparently has a few jumpy scenes but the story is quite bad and underwhelming. Also they will probably make more. Thats what I read in some reviews.

Blex64    161
Jumpy movies are stupid. It's easy to make people jump, that doesn't mean they're scared, its just a reflex.

What you want is to genuinely unnerve people. Make them have trouble sleeping, or for them to be looking over their shoulder, things like that.

A good example, to me, is from the Strangers. Movie is an atrocious mess but I thought there was one really good scene. The girl is like, drinking a glass of water in the kitchen, and one of the antagonists is just standing in the shadows in the back of her house, behind her, watching her. He doesn't do anything, he just looks at her for a few seconds and then vanishes. I think that's the kind of shit that makes a good horror movie, not how many loud noises and sudden movements can we make at once.
  • Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1