Δ dildo

Dark Souls

»Δ dildo    545
This game's a bitchin' bitch.

Started over (again) cuz I tried to kill the NPC u can summon after the Taurus Demon and he was way stronger than me.

»Δ dildo    545
Also what are you guys using?

I'm using a Pyromancer w Master Key. I picked Pyromancer because they're the only class that starts at level 1. I have a Deprived character too but I haven't left the Firelink Shrine with it.

»Jeff Jones    13262
I'm surprised no one was talking about this game previously =/

I started with Hunter with the master key (Wanted to start off with a Bow so I could get the Drake Sword)

edit: Went with a Dexterity/Endurance build with Pyromancy. Pyromancy is utterly ridiculous in this game as 1) You dont need any stat requirements to use it and 2) Fucking everything and its mother is weak to fire

Gary Oak    847
It's brilliant -- watching my friend smash through it (he was the fucking master of Demon's Souls).

Sage.    757
I thought I just really, really sucked at this game but it turns out I went to superhard skeleton town instead of easymode undead place. But I still really suck at this game.

I chose Wanderer with dual humanities and accidentally used the dual humanties when I was just trying to figure out what buttons did what.

»Δ dildo    545
I have a friend who uses a Wanderer class. When I watched him I was tempted to choose that for a game because the melee attack is so sweet.

»Jeff Jones    13262
[quote name='Δ dildo' timestamp='1318561158' post='3007751']
Can any of you tell me what the benefit to becoming human is?
[/quote]

You can call people from other worlds to help you, and while you are human you can Kindle at Bonfires and your item drop rate from enemies is increased.

edit: note also while human, you can be invaded by other players.

Sess    280
Game is pretty neat, can really be balls hard at times though. I ended up picking the thief class even though it sucked pretty hard in the last game due to luck being fail except for the blueblood sword. Thief is probably a bad class overall, though I really do like the dagger you get with it.

Took me quite a few tries to beat the second boss Taurus. At my friend's recommendation he told me to turn around and climb a ladder on the right side of the bridge right when you come in to kill the archers and then fight him up there. Killing the archers was fine, but the boss ended up knocking me the majority of the time. So eventually I decided to screw it and fight him on the bridge cause I was thinking maybe I won't fall off so easily with the walls on the bridge. Within the first 3 seconds of the fight the boss jumps off the bridge and kills himself. I was like FUCK YES, cause after so many attempts and the fact that the bonfire is so far away was starting to anger me.

Edit: Also in the graveyard at the start with the crazy skeletons there is a pretty good two handed sword. I can't really use it but my brother does on his character and he kills all the random zombies and stuff one hit with it. To get it just bum rush past the skeletons and grab it, even you you die if you at least can grab it you will still have it when you respawn.

Never played this series and I'm thinking about picking this up, is there any kind of comparison to another game that I could judge if I'm going to like it or not?

»Jeff Jones    13262
[quote name='Dark Cloud' timestamp='1318606409' post='3008022']
Never played this series and I'm thinking about picking this up, is there any kind of comparison to another game that I could judge if I'm going to like it or not?
[/quote]

Well its an action RPG so, you can compare it so somewhat similar titles. But the mechanics and difficulty compared to other games are completely different from the rest of the field.

Its a game of trial and error. You need a lot of patience. You WILL DIE and you WILL be pissed that all your hard work getting 30 mins into an area, just to die to a hidden enemy or trap and having to restart from your last "safe area". Much of the game is going into areas or bosses just to learn the fight, die, respawn and then beat the boss.

Sage.    757
[quote name='Sesshomuronay' timestamp='1318583552' post='3007914']
Game is pretty neat, can really be balls hard at times though. I ended up picking the thief class even though it sucked pretty hard in the last game due to luck being fail except for the blueblood sword. Thief is probably a bad class overall, though I really do like the dagger you get with it.

Took me quite a few tries to beat the second boss Taurus. At my friend's recommendation he told me to turn around and climb a ladder on the right side of the bridge right when you come in to kill the archers and then fight him up there. Killing the archers was fine, but the boss ended up knocking me the majority of the time. So eventually I decided to screw it and fight him on the bridge cause I was thinking maybe I won't fall off so easily with the walls on the bridge. Within the first 3 seconds of the fight the boss jumps off the bridge and kills himself. I was like FUCK YES, cause after so many attempts and the fact that the bonfire is so far away was starting to anger me.

Edit: Also in the graveyard at the start with the crazy skeletons there is a pretty good two handed sword. I can't really use it but my brother does on his character and he kills all the random zombies and stuff one hit with it. To get it just bum rush past the skeletons and grab it, even you you die if you at least can grab it you will still have it when you respawn.
[/quote]

[spoiler]If you bought the residence key from the merchant right before the bonfire (you can go back) the boss fight is cake. Just saying[/spoiler]

»Δ dildo    545
I used that terrace where the archers are to deliver multiple plunging attacks to kill the Taurus Demon. Not sure what to about that dragon on the next bridge yet.

Sage.    757
I was able to get one plunging attack off on that guy but if I tried to jump back up there then he would either knock me off the ladder or jump up to meet me.
Also, run.

»Jeff Jones    13262
[quote name='Δ dildo' timestamp='1318613995' post='3008109']I used that terrace where the archers are to deliver multiple plunging attacks to kill the Taurus Demon. Not sure what to about that dragon on the next bridge yet.[/quote]

You have to run across the bridge and down to the right theres stairs u take down. U cant kill the dragon till like, seriously very far in the game when ur a billion times stronger. U can however find a spot under the dragon where u can shoot off its tail and get a weapon that will carry u until after u ring the 2nd bell. Youll probably gonnna need something better after that

Sage.    757
I heard about that sword, but I would have never known to do it on my own and this is one game that I really didn't want any hints on... so I'm not gonna get it (and regret it later).

JustBeKrillin    375
Is the game worth buying? It looks incredible but I'm not sure I wanna put down 60 dollars on another video game. I'd like some insight before I commit.