HououinKyouma    818

yeah hes my friend irl and i heard he played this so i thought id ask

I think most of the best players in Socal play at KKC, and he's part of the group of the good players there.

Me and him used to be on a Dota team together which was hilarious.  Yeah he used to also play a lot of fighting games and LoL competitively so it's not a surprise that he took up another game competitively since we all used to play more than 1 game.  It's amazing that he's still going after all these years.

MagitekElite    16

NEW SETS

- Log Horizon
- Kill la Kill
- Love Live - School Idol Festival
- SAO2
- PD2
- Nisekoi
- Kantai Collection
- Shin-chan

SAO2, PD2, AB going to English

Guru    736

oh man klk... my wallet will be crying...

hmmm probably shouldn't sell my sao stuff now XD

VantageSP    116

Just starting to get into this game. Any tips about starting out? The only cards I have are the Fate/zero starter and Vocaloid Starter with some extra cards. I'm aware of the  basic rules and gameplay, as well as formats. Once I get more into the game I'll definitely try and contribute to this thread as I love this game.

HououinKyouma    818

Just starting to get into this game. Any tips about starting out? The only cards I have are the Fate/zero starter and Vocaloid Starter with some extra cards. I'm aware of the  basic rules and gameplay, as well as formats. Once I get more into the game I'll definitely try and contribute to this thread as I love this game.

Time Machine Miku is getting released as the English Weiss promo. Get 4x asap.

• Upvote 2

VantageSP    116

Time Machine Miku is getting released as the English Weiss promo. Get 4x asap.

Awesome, will do. I assume you mean this card:
http://ws-tcg.com/en/cardlist/list/?cardno=PD/S22-E049

Even if the Miku set sucks I'll probably just get it for collection purposes.

There're some really useful gameplay articles in the OP, read emmm

Welcome to the game!

I will do this as well.

Guru    736

That card is not bad in the slightest but I prefer the Haruhi LV1 Runner as its not CX dependent.  Sure it doesn't get the 35 boost next turn but with the koizumi back row that pumps 1000 on your turn it should still be fairly big.

http://littleakiba.com/tcg/weiss-schwarz/card.php?card_id=523

http://littleakiba.com/tcg/weiss-schwarz/card.php?card_id=435

VantageSP    116

Bought some Miku Boxes. Pulled 1 shit SR (Blue Len, and blue sucks in Miku), 1 Rin that is worth a decent amount and an SR World's End Dancehall. Currently trying to build a Green/Red Miku/Luka deck. Loving the playstyle. Also built a Rin/Len deck with the spare stuff I got. Striped Bikini Rin seemed to love me (got it in SR too)... I pulled that more than I would have liked to lol. Wanted Resort Bikini Luka and Ruby Luka. Only got 1 of each.

VantageSP    116

I may try to have a little fun and go for a Brainstorm Miku deck with Salvage MEIKO and World's End (Gate eff). If that idea doesn't work just a standard World's End Dancehall hybrid build. Right now with the cards I have I'm using World's End, DYE and Sadistic Music Factory. DYE combo seems to be the best thing I can pull off atm with the cards I have early game.

And thanks. Seeing the SR gate made me feel better about that awful Len card. At least Bikini Rin is worth something.

Loving this news:

Bushiroad announces the simultaneous release of Japanese and English versions of Weiβ Schwarz titles for 2014:
「Sword Art Online 2」, 「Angel Beats!」 and 「Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- ƒ 2nd」!

MagitekElite    16

DYE combo is pretty not good, if you drew a 2k1s with any other Level 0 you're going to be 4k+ anyway so the combo is kinda pointless since you don't need 6k at Level 0 most of the time, not to mention that the Character is 2.5k the next turn so it'll get run over pretty easily

Most decks that aren't yellow just use Solitude Mikus and Luka bombs for 0 attackers

VantageSP    116

Yeah actually got to play the game for once, and I found it kind of situational and lackluster. Got any Miku Decklists so I know what to get? I'll try and do some searching for decklists on my own as well.

HououinKyouma    818

Yeah actually got to play the game for once, and I found it kind of situational and lackluster. Got any Miku Decklists so I know what to get? I'll try and do some searching for decklists on my own as well.

I'll tell you this now. People in the Weiss Community have the most severe case of the cuddles ever in terms of sharing decklists. I feel like the Weiss community is made largely of people who quit Yugioh/MTG/etc because they were tired of "netdecking." The best chance you'll have to find lists is on the Japanese Weiss site. Otherwise, I'm sure the people here will be willing to share lists with you.

MagitekElite    16

I posted my deck last page you're gonna have to figure out what those foil alt arts are to get my list though hue

Need to add a third MEIKO but those are impossible to find as foil so I'm playing 2 for now

I'll tell you this now. People in the Weiss Community have the most severe case of the cuddles ever in terms of sharing decklists. I feel like the Weiss community is made largely of people who quit Yugioh/MTG/etc because they were tired of "netdecking." The best chance you'll have to find lists is on the Japanese Weiss site. Otherwise, I'm sure the people here will be willing to share lists with you.

Weiss is a game where there really aren't that many "correct" card choices though (at least not to the extent of YGO where your deck is DRAGONS DRAGON SUPPORT CARDS RETURN SIXTH SENSE and like 5 personal techs) so I don't really encourage straight-up copying decklists either.  There are weaker builds of every single series but they'll still win because you can play climax turn field upsidedown in any deck

Bada    150

There was the GP European this weekend at Paris in France.

Top 8:

Symphogear 

Nanoha (winner from last year)

Phantom 

Shana

Vividred

Madoka (Red/Blue)

Madoka (Red/Blue)

Sword Art Online (silika fanbase deck, a cancelling master)

I won with Symphogear without event changes but 8 events and Hibiki lv2 and Miku for my only lv3's, will post the decklist later.

The saddest thing is that this year we didn't have the Travel for Japan...

Steven Mao did not attend 'cause of work or something else I don't know. :/

• Upvote 1

HououinKyouma    818

There was the GP European this weekend at Paris in France.

Top 8:

Symphogear 

Nanoha (winner from last year)

Phantom 

Shana

Vividred

Madoka (Red/Blue)

Madoka (Red/Blue)

Sword Art Online (silika fanbase deck, a cancelling master)

I won with Symphogear without event changes but 8 events and Hibiki lv2 and Miku for my only lv3's, will post the decklist later.

The saddest thing is that this year we didn't have the Travel for Japan...

Steven Mao did not attend 'cause of work or something else I don't know. :/

What was the turnout like, and if you know a general breakdown of the sets/decks used would be cool as well.