[quote name='Cat' timestamp='1328112475' post='3090205']
You can usually reset it with Rabbit if needed. I think 1 tech copy is fine and on top of that you could search it for whenever a zenmaines/gachi/.etc is giving you problems.
[/quote]

It'd be nuts if they just made it a level 3. sure you can reset kitten but then you leave your rabbit open to attack. Is it worth it?

Cat    1
[quote name='Shanks Le Roux' timestamp='1328112806' post='3090214']
[quote name='Cat' timestamp='1328112475' post='3090205']
You can usually reset it with Rabbit if needed. I think 1 tech copy is fine and on top of that you could search it for whenever a zenmaines/gachi/.etc is giving you problems.
[/quote]

It'd be nuts if they just made it a level 3. sure you can reset kitten but then you leave your rabbit open to attack. Is it worth it?
[/quote]

Usually it isn't worth it, but occasionally you'll run into situations where you have to, hence the "if needed." I think the main reason it's run is because having searchable removal is a good thing. Being able to combo out and kitten away a problem monster is pretty cool also. I could see why you'd want compulse over it though, its probably just preference whether to run it or not.

G Λ r Ω N    5934
[quote name='Soul' timestamp='1328100154' post='3090117']
Build I have settled on:

Monsters: 21
2 Effect Veiler
3 Maxx "C"
1 Sangan
3 Tour Guide From the Underworld
1 Wind-Up Hunter
2 Wind-Up Magician
3 Wind-Up Rabbit
3 Wind-Up Rat
3 Wind-Up Shark

Spells: 11
1 Book of Moon
1 Dark Hole
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Pot of Avarice
3 Wind-Up Factory

Traps: 8
3 Fiendish Chain
1 Solemn Judgment
2 Solemn Warning
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Trap Dustshoot

Pretty basic, still learning the deck, made this with help from Barone and a few others. Seems good enough. I don't think Tour Bus is good at all in this deck, all it allows for really is 1 more discard usually, and that's just overkill since 3 is usually enough, and a lot of hands allow for 4 anyway. Can't wait until we get Daigusto Emeral lol.
[/quote]

How are 3 MSTs working for you? It's something I have taken into strong consideration. And has 3 Chains double Veiler ever conflicted too much? If we had Emeral, holy shit.

[quote name='Shanks Le Roux' timestamp='1328110058' post='3090167']
i actually agree with this idea. at first i thought that you would be putting back a tour guide when tour bus hit the grave, but in actuality you usually will just put zenmaighty back in extra. this means that you have an uneven amount of tour guide targets, leaving sangan to just be sangan.

[s]wind up kitten sounds like a great idea. searchable compulse? yes please![/s]

On second thought i think ill just play a compulse instead, thought wind-up kitten was better then that
[/quote]

A Sangan, just being a Sangan isn't a bad thing you know? If your opponent knock's the Sangan off, it's a Shark to your hand, and if they let it live, you can just use it for an xyz summon the following turn, as you would do a Rabbit, and go off...

And all of this talk about not being able to kill Zenmaines, how is that possible when you play Chains, Adreus, and Tiras to dispose of it? Just what are you guys doing?

+Urthor    10235
This may be a silly question but has anyone found tech that can stop a Maxx on the first turn without killing the combo?

dimensional fissure. i personally think the card is garbage right now though considering that wind-up, dinorabbit, and inzecktors can play right through it.

G Λ r Ω N    5934
Wind-Up Rabbit answers like both of your questions really.
  • Upvote 3

+Urthor    10235
Probably because mind control isn't massively useful in the xyz era? And yeah now that I look at the rabbit plays that does make sense.

JAndrees    109
Saw someone teching Salvage a bit ago. Just 1 copy has been testing pretty well. Grabs back Zenmightys and Sharks. Late game it's an instant Rank 5 xyz.

AcidMuffin    189
[quote name='G Λ r Ω N' timestamp='1328117466' post='3090277']
Wind-Up Rabbit answers like both of your questions really.
[/quote]
This. I played a game yesterday (my wind-ups vs. his inzektors) where this was the scenerio:

I just dustshooted him the turn before and I know his hand is maxx, a veiler, and 2 other irrelevant cards(i forget which one). He has an armageddon knight on board with no backrow. For those of you wondering why I didnt send back one of the hand traps, its because I chose to send back his top deck'd dragonfly since he had the hornet in grave off Armageddon, and I knew I could play around his cards with my hand:

Rabbit comes back in my standby phase. Main Phase 1, I summon rat, activate effect targeting my in-grave hunter. He C's and draws one. Then, I activate hunter's effect, tributing my rat. He veilers, I chain rabbit targeting my Hunter, so the effect still resolves and I discard another one of his cards. So, essentially I cleared his C and Veiler and still went +1 with a rabbit on board and a hunter coming back next turn.

If he had veilered the rat instead of going for c, then I could chain rabbit targetting the rat, and still got my hunter back on the field. From here you have two lvl3s to make an xyz play as you see fit. Either Leviathan, or you could maybe go zenmaity grabbing another Rabbit to bait out the C to make a push on the following turn.

Obviously the dustshoot giving me the info on his 2 hand traps was crucial in making my play (something to consider for all of those not playing it in your builds). This is just an example of the advantage rabbit gives you over unknowledgable players, and will probably give you an idea of how to utilize rabbit in your own plays to work around the hand traps.
  • Upvote 3

Okay, quick question. I have a regional saturday that I wasn't planning on playing in, but due to certain circumstances I will. I already sold my Tour Guides so I don't have them as an option. Do I play this deck without guides? Or run something like T.G or Gravekeeper instead that doesn't run guides
  • Downvote 1

»Jhub    1074
fwiw I don't think that rat can dodge veiler with rabbit because I think it has to go to defense mode, correct me if I'm wrong
  • Upvote 1

Wasteland    62
I feel like this deck doesn't handle t1 TK + backrow/hand traps well at all.

Can someone reassure me that beyond TGU, Dark Hole, TT, and Book there are [i]good[/i] ways to answer such a scenario?

AcidMuffin    189
[quote name='Jhub' timestamp='1328128221' post='3090365']
fwiw I don't think that rat can dodge veiler with rabbit because I think it has to go to defense mode, correct me if I'm wrong
[/quote]

Yeah, after reading the card again I think you're right.
[left][code]During your Main Phase: You can target 1 "Wind-Up" monster in your Graveyard; change this face-up Attack Position card you control to face-up Defense Position, and Special Summon that target in face-up Defense Position.[/code][/left][left]The cost is to target, the effect is changing to defense and special summoning the targeted monster. So in the scenerio I posted, my opponent majorly misplayed by maxxing the initial rat instead of veilering. However, if I were to still chain the rabbit to remove the rat, I would be free to use the rat again when it comes back on my next turn. [/left]

G Λ r Ω N    5934
[quote name='anzi104' timestamp='1328133459' post='3090422']I feel like this deck doesn't handle t1 TK + backrow/hand traps well at all.

Can someone reassure me that beyond TGU, Dark Hole, TT, and Book there are [i]good[/i] ways to answer such a scenario?[/quote]

What does handle that, that well? Btw, you can Chain down Rai-Oh, so it enables your Factory and use a Magician+Shark the same way you would use TGU.

Nichigo    709
[quote name='AcidMuffin' timestamp='1328135243' post='3090448']
[quote name='Jhub' timestamp='1328128221' post='3090365']
[/quote]

Yeah, after reading the card again I think you're right.
[left][code]During your Main Phase: You can target 1 "Wind-Up" monster in your Graveyard; change this face-up Attack Position card you control to face-up Defense Position, and Special Summon that target in face-up Defense Position.[/code][/left][left]The cost is to target, the effect is changing to defense and special summoning the targeted monster. So in the scenerio I posted, my opponent majorly misplayed by maxxing the initial rat instead of veilering. However, if I were to still chain the rabbit to remove the rat, I would be free to use the rat again when it comes back on my next turn.[/left]

[/quote]

It sounds like the effects happen simultaneously though...so maybe it would still summon? If it said "then" instead of "and", then the actions would be sequential and it would be clear. But if they happen simultaneously...not sure...

Frazier    325
[quote name='anzi104' timestamp='1328133459' post='3090422']
I feel like this deck doesn't handle t1 TK + backrow/hand traps well at all.

Can someone reassure me that beyond TGU, Dark Hole, TT, and Book there are [i]good[/i] ways to answer such a scenario?
[/quote]

Heart of the cards
  • Upvote 2

»Sharpman    4801
If Rat is banished by Wind Up Rabbit, he will not summon a monster from your graveyard. He MUST go to defense position in order to do so.
  • Upvote 2

Wasteland    62
Hand:

Shark
Magician
Book
Factory
C
Mind Control

What do you do with this hand? (Don't debate card choice, I'm just testing out MC again...)

G Λ r Ω N    5934
Go for it. If they don't have Maxx or Veiler they're fucked, if they do have Veiler, they Veiler your Magician you chain Book, use Factory for another Shark, grab Hunter with Magi, XYZ for Zenmaity begin loop, 1 Veiler wasted, then the rest of their hand is tossed. If they have C, they'll chain it to Shark, don't panic, get Magi's effect and get your Rabbit, they go to 6 cards, use your Factory for a Shark, set your BoM and end, you end with a C, Mind Control and Shark in hand, with BoM f/d, Factory, Magi, Rabbit, and Shark. They'll start with an extra card, but you have Rabbit+Factory at the ready, a Book to use on a spent Magician or to defend, and they have to figure out how they are going to rid your board of 2 monsters (1 of them isn't going down due to Rabbit), without special summoning, due to your Maxx "C", well they can, but it's going to cost them.
  • Upvote 5