my bloody arcanine

Driving with both feet

Up until today I had no idea I was doing something wrong. Idk if it's funny or sad, but thanks to Breaking Bad (when Walter teaches his son it is wrong to drive with both feet) I raised this question to my friend while driving, and she was so shocked and slightly scared it made me feel weird. I learned how to drive a manual but never applied the "both feet to right foot" change when I moved to automatic.
I've read about "riding the break" but I don't think that's an issue for me since I don't put my left foot on the brakes when there's no need to break.

Is it that bad? Should I start getting used to right foot only? Thanks.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

+rei+    34354
Keep your left foot in shape for when you go back to a real car ; )
  • Upvote 1

»Exhale    6627
lol wtf, so weird to think about driving with both feet, i don't think its that bad but it is fucking weird
  • Upvote 2

BiPi    1031
driving with both feet makes me think of river dancing.
  • Upvote 1

Dango    824
I drive with both feet I aced my driver's lesson test way back when and they discounted me points for driving with both feet had I made any other mistakes they would have failed me -_-

IAmTheGreat    3772
When I first read the title my initial question was gonna be "Did you just watch that episode of Breaking Bad?"
  • Upvote 1

so yesterday i hit the gas instead of the breaks when some idiot opened his car's door while i was coming out of my parking space and i had to manuver really quickly to not hit it. fuck my right foot. 2 feet it is

scoobydont    55
The reason people dont recomend driving with both is for emergency situations where some people will freak out and put both feet to the ground opening the throttle while applying the break which will obviously cause you to take longer to slow down

Lamp    1424

The reason people dont recomend driving with both is for emergency situations where some people will freak out and put both feet to the ground opening the throttle while applying the break which will obviously cause you to take longer to slow down

Also, if you're used to driving with a manual car for years you have a tendency to hit the brake accidentally when you'd usually switch gears. It's what I did a few times the first time I drove an automatic - even though I know not to use both feet. Pretty scary.

I'm confused as to how you had to 'switch' feet and accidentally hit the gas when you want to brake. Do you brake with your left foot in a manual car?  :S

Conspire    2389

No idea why this was necrobumped but fuck it first time i've read it so commenting anyways.

I would liken this to wiping your ass.  There are probably several different methods that work and as long as it gets the job done no problem.  Everyone will think a method other than theirs is weird.

• Upvote 2

+Digbick    7216
I came to this thread expectin "hey guise is it a good idea to steer my car with both feet and use my right hand for gas and brake"

+Digbick    7216
O wat
Wat is with dese new fags necrobumpin?!!!!!
Like serveal new fags necrobumped serveal oldass thread.
R we beinf invaded
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Max    430

left foot braking is hard to learn once you've set in to right foot breaking.  if you can break and clutch with your left while keeping your right foot on the throttle, you'll be doing something that 99.9% of the population is incapable of.

• Upvote 1