Sign in to follow this  
Hmmmm

Hondas....

Hmmmm    39
So I just found this section and by reading through the posts in the acura integra topic at the bottom page 1 / top of page 2, I can tell that 90 percent of you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about with cars. Stick with yugioh and other topics. Before you say AMERICAN MUSCLE RUNS THROUGH HONDAS ALL DAY LONG!!!!! I'll leave you with this note:

I drive a 95 Honda Civic with a b18c1 GSR swap fully built forged internals to the bottom end with eagle rods and wiseco pistons, fully built head with ferra valves and crower springs and retainers with Type R cams revved out to 10,500 RPMs. Garret AR .63, skunk2 fuel rail 1000cc RC injectors, 70mm Edelbrock victor X intake Hasport motor mounts ACT stage 5 sick puck racing clutch tuned on ECTune and put down 360 HP to the wheels on 10lbs boost (low boost) and put down 571 HP on 23lbs (high boost.

My car weighs 2100lbs without a passenger, 2280 with me in it. Your 5000 pound mustang will have to be pushing 1100 HP to even have a shot at catching me on the street, and at the dragstrip I run MT drag slicks and hook by the end of second gear so you will need at least 950 HP to catch me there. Don't speak on things you do not know.
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Model    864
How much did you pay someone to do all that work for you?
  • Upvote 1

Model    864
Also, ACURA ISN'T HONDA YOU DUMBASS. :3

Also, you don't need a stage 5 clutch.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Hmmmm    39
Anyways, pistons and rods are easy if you're smarter than the average monkey you can do them yourself. The head cost 2000 to get ported polished hot tanked cleaned and all valves pressed in and springs and retainers put in. The rest is just patience and prices of parts. I had a friend who tunes come put the engine on drive, I'm running stock HG so the kit was like 100 from a Honda dealership. To tune your car for forced induction at the place I went it was $450 but he is the best tuner for a thousand miles on the best tuning program for a Honda (ECTune) as you can tell from the numbers.

Price:

Shell: 500
Motor and tranny out of a wrecked 94 teg: 1200
OBX diff: 300
Motor work: 8500
600+ Hp axles: 300
Stickers: 40
Whole car: 10,840

$10,840 for a street car that can outrun almost anything = priceless

Decoy    155
[quote name='Hmmmm' timestamp='1321085886' post='3027946']
Anyways, pistons and rods are easy if you're smarter than the average monkey you can do them yourself. The head cost 2000 to get ported polished hot tanked cleaned and all valves pressed in and springs and retainers put in. The rest is just patience and prices of parts. I had a friend who tunes come put the engine on drive, I'm running stock HG so the kit was like 100 from a Honda dealership. To tune your car for forced induction at the place I went it was $450 but he is the best tuner for a thousand miles on the best tuning program for a Honda (ECTune) as you can tell from the numbers.

Price:

Shell: 500
Motor and tranny out of a wrecked 94 teg: 1200
OBX diff: 300
Motor work: 8500
600+ Hp axles: 300
Stickers: 40
Whole car: 10,840

$10,840 for a street car that can outrun almost anything = priceless
[/quote]
Until you crash.

[quote name='Model' timestamp='1321068985' post='3027812']
Also, ACURA ISN'T HONDA YOU DUMBASS. :3

Also, you don't need a stage 5 clutch.
[/quote]
[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acura"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acura[/url]
First sentence.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Model    864
[quote name='Hmmmm' timestamp='1321090663' post='3027964']
You don't crash if you can drive...
[/quote]
How I wish that was true. Lol.

Hmmmm    39
How is it not true? I mean yeah you can't just jump in a car like mine and expect to be able to control it and handle it with easy you have to work your way up kinda like with bikes. You don't just jump on busa 1300, you start out on like a 600 and work your way up. Things out of your control such as traffic, blown tires, deer, etc etc can be controlled to an extent if you can control your speed well.

Model    864
When I was in my car accident and the dude blew through the red light and t-boned the fuck out of me. You're right, I could have avoided that if I knew how to drive!

Model    864
I'm also past wanting a race car to look cool. I have a lot to live for now and I have more important stuff to spend my money/life on.

+rei+    34352
How much torque do you pull and at what RPM?

Also with a setup like that wouldn't torque steer be a colossal motherfucker?

(also for a weight v horsepower on the mustang debate, I am hardly a defender of american muscle, but for a car 2900 lbs more than yours it would need to be putting out approx 362 more horsepower for similar performance, on low boost a 700hp american muscle is not unheard of but is still not as desirable as your setup with the potential exception of where the power is being delivered)
  • Upvote 1

Hmmmm    39
On low boost my torque is 280 ft lbs at 8,500 on high boost torque is 379 at 8,500 (remember I still have 2,000 more rpms to revv out)

and yes, torque steer is indeed a bitch. If you don't fight the wheel the right way you'll end up in a wall or the other lane.

No, I'm not a west coast asian lol..

To model, to be t-boned means you would have had a good 4-5 seconds to pay attention and speed up to the point where the other car would hit in the rear quarter panel which is a much better wreck, but it's still a wreck. I flipped my 01 civic end over end and went through the windshield and shattered my right femur. That's when I decided o actually start using my brain when driving and realized that without mistakes by me, the potential for a wreck was cut wayyy down
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Model    864
It was 3 Am and the guy didn't have his lights on. so yeah

+rei+    34352
The advantage of your ride with torque steer would be your torque doesn't hit till high revs, I get 256 lb/ft at 2100 rpm, torque steer (and wheel spin if I'm being sloppy) is a bitch
Then again my car is stock so i just gotta deal with it anyway.

scoobydont    55
Hmmmm if youve ever been on a car forum youll see threads fairly often about someone whos beautiful car got rearended by some socker mom at an intersection or some grandma in the grocery store parking lot

scoobydont    55
[quote name='rei' timestamp='1321196954' post='3028529']
The advantage of your ride with torque steer would be your torque doesn't hit till high revs, I get 256 lb/ft at 2100 rpm, torque steer (and wheel spin if I'm being sloppy) is a bitch
[/quote]
what FWD car do you drive that has 256 flt/lbs of torque stock?

Nichigo    709
Your main post is one that would get raped at any respectable imports forum. I've been a Honda fan all my life (current project car is an Amuse Widebody S2000), and your post is what the rest of the community would define as the attitude of a ricer.

I realize your point was to show people that we CAN run with the domestic crowd, but so can any other brand if the work is put in...especially if you're just talking straight line driving. IMO, the comparison shouldn't even be made. Domestics [in general] were designed for a different function and niche than Hondas. Almost ALL hondas were designed for performance on a [b]road course[/b]....not a straight line track. Hence the independent suspension (even on lower end cars like the Integra), light-weight design, and high-revving engines. While your car sounds like a beast, it's modified contrary to its design. How you mod your car is up to you, of course, but I wouldn't go flaunting around the fact that you had to put that much more effort modding it in a direction that went against the grain of its design just to get it up to par with domestics that can be bought stock with equivalent to better performance/design.
  • Upvote 1

Nichigo    709
[quote name='scoobydont' timestamp='1321375999' post='3029834']
[/quote]

Mazdaspeed 3

FWD. 280ft/lbs off the shelf.

EDIT: nvm...thought you were asking for any generic FWD drive car >.< Pwned by reading again!

+rei+    34352
[quote name='scoobydont' timestamp='1321375999' post='3029834']
[quote name='rei' timestamp='1321196954' post='3028529']
[/quote]
[/quote]
Volkswagen Jetta TDI? And looks like it's only 236, my bad.

My beef with most of the import crowd has to do with my disdain for frivolous body mods, and some really gross misinformation that's been disseminated through the import community (like what can and can't add power)

Nichigo    709
Alot of that stigma was created due to the community's portrayal in movies like F&F as well as the fact that the majority of the Honda crowd is comprised of kids. Cheap cars + cheap mods = kids that can play with cars on their mom & dad's allowance. If you check out "higher end" Honda forums like the S2000 and/or NSX communities, you'll find that the atmosphere in general is that of an older, more informed crowd (although lately the S2000 community has been going down the drain as price on the car and mods drop).