darkruler    518
[quote name='Urthor' timestamp='1336819296' post='3178640']
[quote name='darkruler' timestamp='1336818639' post='3178638']
There are just too many extra deck monsters I want to run now. Trying to find room for Gaia Dragoon on top of Tiras, Crimson Ninja, Photon Bounzer, Roach, on top of the regular extra deck cards. Feel like I'm gonna have to cut down to 1 Zenmaines, 1 Leviair to make room for the rank 5s, 6s.
[/quote]
Of the lvl 5s Tiras and Crimson Ninja are the most needed. How are you going to make ranks 6s efficientely though?
[/quote]
You can make rank 6 with double hopper and 1 ladybug. Which isn't as hard as it sounds on paper. One Dragonfly+Hornet+Giga/Sword can end with a field with Bounzer plus Leviathan, an Inzektor equipped with giga-mantis, and either brillant, acid golem, etc.

Played a game earlier, my end field was 3000 Bounzer, 2800 Leviathan, 2700 Dragonfly (Equipped with Giga-Mantis), and a 2100 Brilliant. Not even Gorz can stop that OTK.

+Urthor    10235
[quote name='darkruler' timestamp='1336824906' post='3178655']
There are just too many extra deck monsters I want to run now. Trying to find room for Gaia Dragoon on top of Tiras, Crimson Ninja, Photon Bounzer, Roach, on top of the regular extra deck cards. Feel like I'm gonna have to cut down to 1 Zenmaines, 1 Leviair to make room for the rank 5s, 6s.
[/quote]
Of the lvl 5s Tiras and Crimson Ninja are the most needed. How are you going to make ranks 6s efficientely though?
[/quote]
You can make rank 6 with double hopper and 1 ladybug. Which isn't as hard as it sounds on paper. One Dragonfly+Hornet+Giga/Sword can end with a field with Bounzer plus Leviathan, an Inzektor equipped with giga-mantis, and either brillant, acid golem, etc.

Played a game earlier, my end field was 3000 Bounzer, 2800 Leviathan, 2700 Dragonfly (Equipped with Giga-Mantis), and a 2100 Brilliant. Not even Gorz can stop that OTK.
[/quote]

Are you getting yourself a bouncer out of the 8k loop? Its nice but bouncer doesn't stop gorz, good try though.

[quote name='Urthor' timestamp='1336826096' post='3178664']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you getting yourself a bouncer out of the 8k loop? Its nice but bouncer doesn't stop gorz, good try though.
[/quote]
It stops the Token, though, and 2/3 remaining attackers can run over Gorz in Attack, and all 3 can run over it in Defense, and the extra 1000 damage makes 8000 with any of the 3 attackers, so it doesn't really matter that you lost one.
  • Upvote 3

+Urthor    10235
actually that extra 1000 might mean that it gets over the line. You would still need to be thinking ahead, making acid etc but this could be good.

Matt.    341
So 28 + 27 +21 =/= 80... So I don't see how that OTK's through a gorz.

Nor Does 30 + 28 + 21. Its close but not close enough...

No matter how you attack if they drop gorz at the right time you are going to be cut jsut short.

Edit: Forgot the Bounzer Damage... I suck... disregard.

Warthog    165
you can also make Bounzer with left over Hornets equipped with Centi/Dragon/Hornet too, not just Hopper+Lady Bug.

pie lies fly    159
By the way, with the release of Ladybug, does anyone prioritise Extra Deck slots to any Rank 4s? Stuff like Roach can be clutch vs Dragons and etc. Utopia also serves same purpose as aforementioned Level Limit B/Messenger of Peace when it comes to protecting Dragonflies/Centipedes.

Keon    2
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hi,

I absolutely could not end my field with an OTK through Gorz starting only with Dragonfly + Sword + Hornet. Did not try with Gigamantis instead of sword. FYI, I run 2 Swords only, maybe that's why,

I tried with the Djinns (Melomelody and Muzurhythm) and Bounzer, but I always fall short of a couple of life points if they drop gorz at the right time.

Does anyone know if it is possible?

Thanks,

Keon.

darkruler    518
[quote name='Keon' timestamp='1336862930' post='3178884']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hi,

I absolutely could not end my field with an OTK through Gorz starting only with Dragonfly + Sword + Hornet. Did not try with Gigamantis instead of sword. FYI, I run 2 Swords only, maybe that's why,

I tried with the Djinns (Melomelody and Muzurhythm) and Bounzer, but I always fall short of a couple of life points if they drop gorz at the right time.

Thanks,

Keon.
[/quote]
I think for Dfly+Hornet+Sword, you need either a ladybug or gigamatnis in gy, the former not being hard to do, since most run multiples.

Also for the combos, you need to be able to pop at least one card, either you setting something, or something on the opponent's field.

darkruler    518
[quote name='Urthor' timestamp='1336826096' post='3178664']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

With a field of 2100 Gigabrilliant, 2700 Dfly, 2800 Leviathan, 3000 Bounzer any time they drop gorz, you would still be fine.

Attack with Giga Brilliant

(Drop Gorz)
Bounzer Eff negate's the token. 4900 LP, Gorz in Def so dfly runs it over.

Leviathan Attacks (2800): 2100 LP, Bounzer attacks for game.

If they drop it after Dfly:

8000 LP
-2100 (Brilliant)
5900 LP
-2700 (Dfly)

3200 LP (Drops Gorz)

Token gets negated -1000

2200 LP, Gorz gets run over by leviathan. And Bounzer attacks directly for game.

Lets say they try and drop it after the Leviathan:

8000-2100-2700-2800

This puts them at 400 LP, which if they drop gorz, Bounzer's effect will kill them.

So anytime they drop Gorz on that field, they still will lose.

I believe that field was with Fly+Hornet+Giga, so if anyone wants me to explain it, I can. I bet most can figure it out though.
  • Upvote 1

»Sidereal    3723
[quote name='Tranqulity.' timestamp='1336715015' post='3177710']
[quote name='Alistar' timestamp='1336625538' post='3176715']
crimson armor kinda sucks. why do you guys all have such a hard on for it?

[b]i'll still be making tiras turn 1 over that card every time. [/b] tiras is a threat, crimson is not.
[/quote]

lol nvm
[/quote]
It only took 2 negs and a post saying "no" for you to back down and edit your post that has already been quoted?
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Keon    2
[quote name='darkruler' timestamp='1336865066' post='3178904']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hi,

Thanks,

Keon.
[/quote]
I think for Dfly+Hornet+Sword, you need either a ladybug or gigamatnis in gy, the former not being hard to do, since most run multiples.

Also for the combos, you need to be able to pop at least one card, either you setting something, or something on the opponent's field.
[/quote]

Yeah, if you start with Giga it makes a difference, but I don't see how having Giga or Ladybug in the grave would help, since they are both searched out with Centi.

Also, if you have MST, it will also result in an OTK since you are able to put more atk onto the field by popping something attatched to Dfly.

And yes, you need to be able to pop one card.

If anyone can do it only with Dfly + Hornet + Sword, let us know. :-)

»neptune    3789
[quote name='Sidereal' timestamp='1336865603' post='3178910']
[quote name='Tranqulity.' timestamp='1336715015' post='3177710']
[quote name='Alistar' timestamp='1336625538' post='3176715']
crimson armor kinda sucks. why do you guys all have such a hard on for it?

[b]i'll still be making tiras turn 1 over that card every time. [/b] tiras is a threat, crimson is not.
[/quote]

lol nvm
[/quote]
It only took 2 negs and a post saying "no" for you to back down and edit your post that has already been quoted?
[/quote]

for the most part.

seriously, when I pointed out ladybug people called it trash.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Alistar    4222
i think ladybug and hopper are both trash

in a meta without mirrors (circa Dallas), i firmly believe the trooper, triple call route with no hoppers OR ladybugs is the route to go. now that you have to build your deck for speed and not necessarily consistency, i.e. running even MORE combo only cards (ladybugs) as opposed to single card grinders like Trooper and TGU, the deck just feels like absolute shit to me. i went to baltimore randomly this weekend and have played in a couple locals while i've been here, and i've just trounced all the inzektor players with these new fangled builds D:

now, granted they kind of suck and didn't know the more advanced plays, they still took me to game 3. problem is the deck draws so fucking shitty as it is, they just had no chance. i've been running into the same problem when i build it on DN. i'll get really pumped up and confident in my 20/10/10 deck (i mean, those numbers are so fucking rare), it looks so consistent on paper, then i'll just get thrashed by every deck under the sun with my ladybug only or double centipede hands. upsetting.

i'd seriously put my money on rabbit or even chaos dragons. i realize that saying that doesn't bring much to this thread since it's ummm... inzektor discussion, but seriously. fuck this shit.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Frazier    325
[quote name='Alistar' timestamp='1336870690' post='3178947']
i think ladybug and hopper are both trash

in a meta without mirrors (circa Dallas), i firmly believe the trooper, triple call route with no hoppers OR ladybugs is the route to go. now that you have to build your deck for speed and not necessarily consistency, i.e. running even MORE combo only cards (ladybugs) as opposed to single card grinders like Trooper and TGU, the deck just feels like absolute shit to me. i went to baltimore randomly this weekend and have played in a couple locals while i've been here, and i've just trounced all the inzektor players with these new fangled builds D:

now, granted they kind of suck and didn't know the more advanced plays, they still took me to game 3. problem is the deck draws so fucking shitty as it is, they just had no chance. i've been running into the same problem when i build it on DN. i'll get really pumped up and confident in my 20/10/10 deck (i mean, those numbers are so fucking rare), it looks so consistent on paper, then i'll just get thrashed by every deck under the sun with my ladybug only or double centipede hands. upsetting.

i'd seriously put my money on rabbit or even chaos dragons. i realize that saying that doesn't bring much to this thread since it's ummm... inzektor discussion, but seriously. fuck this shit.
[/quote]
Well what do you know, you've seemed to take ALL the words right out of my mouth.

rockincherub    21

[/quote]

Can I ask on how to do that with 1 Dragonfly+Hornet+Giga/Sword you can end your field with a Bouncer+Leviathan+ an Inzektor equipped with giga-mantis, and either brillant, acid golem, etc.?

Storm Wolf    1205
Is it really worth having a Gaia Dragon in the Extra Deck over a card like Temtempo, especially if not using Mind Control?

Dirk:p    1427
Yes, I love Gaia, he's even good when your Tiras, Adreus and Ninja effects are all used up.

gateoo    0
[quote name='Storm Wolf' timestamp='1336882818' post='3179080']
Is it really worth having a Gaia Dragon in the Extra Deck over a card like Temtempo, especially if not using Mind Control?
[/quote]

You can also get rid of problem monsters like Zenmaines and attack hard with Gaia Dragon when you can't go into Temtempo:
???
Make Exa-Stag
Steal opponent's monster
Overlay Gaia Dragon on top
Attack for 2600
???
Profit

+scuzzlebutt    23563
why does gaia dragon make that situation any better other than omg200moreattack

Lord_Teets    47
[quote name='Keon' timestamp='1336866268' post='3178914']

[quote name='darkruler' timestamp='1336865066' post='3178904']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hi,

Thanks,

Keon.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, if you start with Giga it makes a difference, but I don't see how having Giga or Ladybug in the grave would help, since they are both searched out with Centi.

Also, if you have MST, it will also result in an OTK since you are able to put more atk onto the field by popping something attatched to Dfly.

And yes, you need to be able to pop one card.

If anyone can do it only with Dfly + Hornet + Sword, let us know. :-)
[/quote]
I figured it out...inzektors are hella annoying....anyway let's start shall we:

[b][u]Opening Dragonfly + Giga-Mantis + Hornet:[/u][/b]

1) Summon Dragonfly, activate its effect to equip Hornet.
2) Activate Hornet, to send itself to the graveyard and destroy one card on the field.
3) Activate Dragonfly and Special Summon Centipede.

The field should look like this:
(Dragonfly*) (Centipede).
*once per turn effect used

4) Activate Centipede, equipping Hornet.
5) Activate Giga-Mantis in hand, equipping to Dragonfly.
6) Activate Hornet to destroy Giga-Mantis.
7) Activate Dragonfly as Chain Link 2 to Special Summon a second Centipede and activate Centipede as Chain Link 1 to add an Inzektor Sword - Zektkaliber to hand.

(Inzektor Dragonfly*) (Inzektor Centipede*) (Inzektor Centipede)

8) Equip Sword to Dragonfly.
9) Activate 2nd Centipede, equipping Hornet.
10) Activate Hornet to destroy equipped Sword.
11) Activate Inzektor Sword as Chain Link 3 to add Giga-Mantis back to hand, activate Dragonfly as Chain Link 2 to Special Summon the 3rd Centipede, and activate Centipede as Chain Link 1 to add the 2nd copy of Sword to hand.

(Inzektor Dragonfly*) (Inzektor Centipede*) (Inzektor Centipede*) (Inzektor Centipede)

12) Overlay Dragonfly and a used Centipede for Leviathan Dragon.
13) Activate Leviathan Dragon and detach Dragonfly.
14) Activate Giga-Mantis and equip to Centipede.
15) Activate Centipede and equip Hornet.
16) Activate Hornet and destroy Giga-Mantis.
17) Activate Centipede as Chain Link 3 to search Ladybug, activate Giga-Mantis as Chain Link 2 to Special Summon Dragonfly from grave, and activate Centipede as Chain Link 1 to search the 2nd copy of Hornet.
18) Overlay both Centipede's into Giga-Brilliant.

(Leviathan Dragon*) (Giga-Brilliant) (Inzektor Dragonfly)

19) Equip Sword to Dragonfly.
20) Activate Dragonfly to equip Hornet.
21) Activate Hornet to destroy equipped Sword.
22) Activate Sword as Chain Link 3 to add Giga-Mantis back to hand, activate Dragonfly as Chain Link 1 and 2 to Special Summon 2 Hoppers.

(Leviathan Dragon*) (Giga-Brilliant) (Inzektor Dragonfly*) (Inzektor Hopper) (Inzektor Hopper)

23) Activate 1st Hopper and equip Ladybug.
24) Activate Ladybug to increase 1st Hopper's level by 2.
25) Repeat steps 24 and 25 for the 2nd Hopper.
26) Both Hoppers are now level 6, overlay them to make Photon Strike Bounzer.
27) Activate Giga-Mantis and equip to Dragonfly.
28) Activate Giga-Brilliant to increase everyone by 300 ATK.

The ending field should look like this:

(Leviathan Dragon*) (Giga-Brilliant*) (Inzektor Dragonfly/Giga-Mantis) (Photon Strike Bounzer)

2800 + 2100 + 2700 + 3000 = 10600 damage.

Hope this was clear enough and I hope I got all the Chain Links correct. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

*Also note that in order to do this combo when you open Dragonfly, Sword and Hornet you are required to run either three swords or 2 swords a Giga-Mantis and a Giga-Weevil or 2 swords and 2 Giga-Mantis'.
  • Upvote 42

darkruler    518
You sir get a cookie for typing it all out before I had to.

To make sure you know what you need: 1 Dragonfly, 1 Hornet, 1 Giga-Mantis in hand. 1 card on the field to pop. 3 Centipede, 2 Hopper, and 2 Zektkalibers in the deck.

Chris Hentz    7768
Not supposed to since its once per turn you use it later to get dragonfly
  • Upvote 1