Sign in to follow this  
Loaded Dice

Champagne Showers

Loaded Dice    1182
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UA8rcLvS1BY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Monsters: 21

|2| Cyber Dragon

|2| Genex Neutron
|2| Thunder King Rai-Oh
|2| Maxx "C"
|3| Karakuri Komachi MDL 224 "Ninishi"
|3| Karakuri Merchant MDL 177 "Inashichi"
|2| Karakuri Ninja MDL 919 "Knick"
|1| Karakuri Soldier MDL 236 "Nisamu"
|1| Karakuri Muso MDL 818 "Haipa"
|1| Karakuri Watchdog MDL 313 "Saizan"
|1| Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
|1| Effect Veiler

Spells: 10

|2| Pot of Duality
|2| Mystical Space Typhoon
|1| Pot of Avarice
|1| Book of Moon
|1| Heavy Storm
|1| Monster Reborn
|1| Dark Hole
|1| Smashing Ground

Traps: 9

|2| Solemn Warning
|2| Dimensional Prison
|2| Bottomless Trap Hole
|1| Mirror Force
|1| Solemn Judgement
|1| Trap Dustshoot

Extra Deck: 15

|1| Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
|2| Karakuri Steel Shogun MDL 00X "Bureido"
|1| Stardust Dragon
|1| Scrap Dragon
|1| Black Rose Dragon
|2| Karakuri Shogun MDL 00 "Burei"
|1| Naturia Landoise
|1| Ally of Justice Catastor
|1| Naturia Beast
|1| Number 39: Utopia / Naturia Barkion
|1| Steelswarm Roach
|1| Wind-Up Zenmaines
|1| Chimeratech Fortress Dragon

Side Deck: 15

|2| Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo
|2| Leeching the Light
|1| Mystical Space Typhoon
|2| Black Horn of Heaven
|1| Debunk
|2| Dust Tornado
|2| Gozen Match
|2| Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror
|1| Torrential Tribute
  • Upvote 4

Spooderman    7231
[img]http://static7.businessinsider.com/image/4e989054ecad04a025000003/reggie-jackson-champagne-shower.jpg[/img]
  • Upvote 7

Loaded Dice    1182
[quote name='Turkey' timestamp='1322784023' post='3043176']
i would rather play a fiendish chain and a 3rd duality over the bth
[/quote]
I honestly feel that fiendish chain is highly over rated. It is a card that is still in the process of testing, but I prefer getting rid of my opponents monsters. Although I do like the idea of fiendish chaining a tour guide and going over it with knick. I might just move 1 bottomless into the side to fit in the fiendish chain and take out a debunk for the bottomless.
  • Upvote 1

Loaded Dice    1182
I haven't really tested game 2/3's to my liking yet. It may be something that I need to reconsider. Also I don't have a roach atm :P. I can probably get one though. Also if you play smart, cyber dragon shouldn't be an issue.

».ben.    7438
[quote name='Loaded Dice' timestamp='1322790825' post='3043260']
[/quote]
I honestly feel that fiendish chain is highly over rated. It is a card that is still in the process of testing, but I prefer getting rid of my opponents monsters. Although I do like the idea of fiendish chaining a tour guide and going over it with knick. I might just move 1 bottomless into the side to fit in the fiendish chain and take out a debunk for the bottomless.
[/quote]
This.
Chain was sweet last format, but not all that good right now except for in the side against Dino Rabbit.

TartedeMaçã    379
[quote name='benthegreat' timestamp='1322837585' post='3043694']
[/quote]
[/quote]
This.
Chain was sweet [b]last format, but not all that good right now [/b]except for in the side against Dino Rabbit.
[/quote]

Why do you say that ? What changed that's so relevant ?

Loaded Dice    1182
Giant trunade was freaking amazing in combination with fiendish chain last format. Also now monsters barley stay on the field. The monsters are either used for xyz/synchro summons. Fiendish chain doesn't get rid of the problem monster. Also you don't want to be forced to make a play to get over big monsters. With all the maxx "c"s floating around, sometimes you can't afford giving your opponent advantage. I've had solid results with double d-prison and double bottomless so far.
  • Upvote 1

».ben.    7438
[quote name='TartedeMaçã' timestamp='1322838220' post='3043699']
[quote name='benthegreat' timestamp='1322837585' post='3043694']
[/quote]
[/quote]
This.
Chain was sweet [b]last format, but not all that good right now [/b]except for in the side against Dino Rabbit.
[/quote]

Why do you say that ? What changed that's so relevant ?
[/quote]
The entire format's changed. For the same reasons Maxx C sees more play than Veiler and Traps see much less play, Fiendish Chain is not as good this format as it was previously.

Loaded Dice    1182
I tested fiendish. I did not like it... It may just be that I didn't draw it at the optimum times, but there were a few times where I would be forced to attack with my karakuri monster because of it's effect. Prison and bottomless just gets those threats off the field and makes it that that particular situation happens slightly less.

Also I think I'm going to add gorz the the line up. I'm really fustrated that you should expect players to play better then they should after activating maxx c. I know there are times that if you're going to lose or have "no choice" then you go for broke and try to steal the game, but too many of the players I'm going vs just don't care when they see maxx c and I don't have gorz to protect me and then destroy them on the following turn...
  • Upvote 1

Zinrag    14
I play this exact same deck -1 Maxx "C", -1 Soldier, -1 Kuick for 2 TKRO + 1 Gorz and a TT somewhere and it's the shit. I think if you're going without chain then gorz should be main decked, I know it's tough to cut shit from the deck because it seems really awkward but the tkro's are really good versus most match-ups and they let you peck at cards while you build resources. If I had room in my build, I would fit in another Maxx "C" but play testing two soldier always feels awkward and a single kuick/strategist are often cut because they feel lackluster compared to a tkro.

Any thoughts on cutting strategist? His usefulness kind of stops at higher levels of play imo.

Loaded Dice    1182
[quote name='Zinrag' timestamp='1323095851' post='3045422']
I play this exact same deck -1 Maxx "C", -1 Soldier, -1 Kuick for 2 TKRO + 1 Gorz and a TT somewhere and it's the shit. I think if you're going without chain then gorz should be main decked, I know it's tough to cut shit from the deck because it seems really awkward but the tkro's are really good versus most match-ups and they let you peck at cards while you build resources. If I had room in my build, I would fit in another Maxx "C" but play testing two soldier always feels awkward and a single kuick/strategist are often cut because they feel lackluster compared to a tkro.

Any thoughts on cutting strategist? His usefulness kind of stops at higher levels of play imo.
[/quote]
I noticed that the second soldier was really sub par. I would generally go for 1 of them and get something else out. Strategist is really good. There have been situations (because of soldier) where I brought out strategist so that I wouldn't need to attack into my opponents monster. I think it's really important as a one of.

Loaded Dice    1182
[quote name='Spaceman' timestamp='1323106475' post='3045518']
Nice deck man. My build is like 2-3 cards different from yours. xD
[/quote]
Thanks but there's a few things that are pissing me off right now. I still need to make a few slight changes. I'll update soon.

captainameowica    3770
[quote name='Loaded Dice' timestamp='1323112313' post='3045590']
[/quote]
Thanks but there's a few things that are pissing me off right now. I still need to make a few slight changes. I'll update soon.
[/quote]

Hmm my build mains Gorz and Mind Control. I don't main Nisamu though. :O

Loaded Dice    1182
[quote name='Nocturne' timestamp='1323113938' post='3045612']
I think you need mind control somewhere here.
[/quote]
You might not like my response but here is what I think of mind control in karakuri. Because of the specifications of your synchros, if you play mind control on an opposing monster, you might be forced to make a sub optimal play. You essentially shut down your explosive karakuri/naturai synchro plays. The only exception to this is if you play vs the mirror or gadgets. I really wouldn't want to force myself to go into a blackrose or something like that just because of mind control. I know there are xyz's, but I'd prefer to ball out on my opponent. This deck is super consistent and I don't want to give my opponent the chance to play cards in which I could have made dead via naturai beast. I feel that if you are able to make a mind control play, then you are probably in good shape to win the game anyway. You'd probably just bring out a barrage of synchros if you can and play the mind control on the following turn. It just seems that mind control is a win more card.

[quote name='Spaceman' timestamp='1323118954' post='3045662']
[quote name='Loaded Dice' timestamp='1323112313' post='3045590']
[/quote]
[/quote]

Hmm my build mains Gorz and Mind Control. I don't main Nisamu though. :O
[/quote]
I think nisamu is a good one of. It's nice to fetch him via synchros. There are times where I just want to continue to synchro and I really would prefer not losing knick. I find myself running out of them and in all honesty, I feel that the deck losses steam when you don't have knick. This happened to me this weekend at my locals. I'd have to do more testing, but this is my preliminary observation.

No Limiter Removal? Other then that very nice deck. How do you like no Torrential in main though? I feel it should be mained as you won't always control the board and also helps gets rid of your decks threats. Also why no Brionac? I don't see a real reason why you wouldn't play Brionac in the extra.

TartedeMaçã    379
[quote name='MastaOfChaos' timestamp='1323152559' post='3046075']
No Limiter Removal? Other then that very nice deck. How do you like no Torrential in main though? I feel it should be mained as you won't always control the board and also helps gets rid of your decks threats. Also why no Brionac? I don't see a real reason why you wouldn't play Brionac in the extra.
[/quote]

If the extra was bigger, brionac would be in there.

I can't bring myself to drop mind control, it's just too good. also, been testing scapegoat, card's amazing, gives you something to do with the thousand tuners the deck has and stops bullshit otks. Also makes trishula much easier and just generally gives you more options.

Loaded Dice    1182
[quote name='MastaOfChaos' timestamp='1323152559' post='3046075']
[/quote]
I generally side in torrential. I was testing torrential in the main before and every time I drew it, I had some form of field presence in which I didn't want to lose. I had replaced torrential with the second bottomless. It simply did a better job when I had field presence. For brionac, there's only one realistic way that I can go into it. I'd have to have merchant and watchdog. If I were playing mind control then I'd have to reconsider running brionac. Limiter is cool and all, but the deck is tight for space and limiter is more of a win more card. I'm actually going to test it because it is rather easy to put 8000 damage on the board with it, but in theory I feel that I might be sacrificing consistency.

Loaded Dice    1182
I edited the deck/side a bit. Changes are:

- 1 Soldier
+1 Gorz
I'm simply tired of my opponents going balls to the walls and I have nothing to stop their aggressive push. Also the second soldier tested subpar. There weren't really any situations in which I wanted the second one. I like soldier at one because he could also be used as a stepping stone to go into synchros, plus what else he offers to the deck.

In side deck:
- 1 thunder king
+1 Cyber dragon (I simply hate losing to the mirror match and I never see my cyber dragons...)

I like the utopia, if that's up with a nat beast and some protection it helps you explode in future turns

Loaded Dice    1182
[quote name='Mr. Furnas Man' timestamp='1323393776' post='3048307']
I like the utopia, if that's up with a nat beast and some protection it helps you explode in future turns
[/quote]
It's rare that I go into xyz's. Although I do admit that I've done some really cool plays to go into utopia and other monsters, but my opponent simply tops dark hole and I proceed to qq...