dr.tedders

Lost ones

dr.tedders    87
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y-vQ_VsTkn0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Monsters: 22
3 Genex Neutron
3 Maxx "C"
3 Karakuri Ninja Mdl 919 ''Kuick"
3 Karakuri Merchant Mdl 177 "Inashichi"
3 Karakuri Komachi Mdl 224 "Ninishi"
1 Karakuri Soldier Mdl 236 "Nisamu"
1 Karakuri Watchdog Mdl 313 "Saizan"
1 Karakuri Strategist Mdl 248 "Nishipachi"
2 Cyber Dragon
1 Thunder King Rai-Oh

Spells: 10
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
3 Pot of Duality
1 Pot of Avarice
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Heavy Storm
1 Book of Moon

Traps: 8
2 Fiendish Chain
2 Solemn Warning
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Trap Dustshoot
1 Mirror Force
1 Dimensional Prison

Extra: 15
1 Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
1 Number 39: Utopia
1 Wind-Up Zenmaines
1 Ally of Justice - Catastor
1 Naturia Beast
1 Naturia Barkion
1 Naturia Landoise
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
2 Karakuri Shogun Mdl 00 "Burei"
2 Karakuri Steel Shogun Mdl 00X "Bureido"

I honestly cannot see myself playing this deck without Fiendish Chain. It's too important to protect your set up when your opponent decides to push back. Other cards will find Naturia Beats a problem card first turn. And so Darkworlds are going to use their monster discard outlets to discard Grapha, removing Naturia Beast as a threat. So it's important to protect your Naturia Beast from getting taken off the field. Veiler would be such a terrible replacement. Fiendish Chain acts as Monster protection and a Veiler all in one. Plus the opponent seeing multiple backrows will put the pressure on them, especially being backed up by Naturia Beast.

I chose two Cyber Dragons because I wanted to play a third Duality. Not only did the two conflict themselves in opening hands, but I wanted to be able to dig into my deck when i'm top decking, or when I can afford another Duality activation to get that extra advantage. I side the third Cyber Dragon, but I found myself drawing into multiples either opening hand, or when i'm in a stuck. I.e. VS a Spirit Reaper. The only real purpose I have for Cydra is to bait out their monster removal and to Karakuri Combo. It's surprising how many people will Solemn Warning a Cyber Dragon without even having more information on your deck. And of course, Cydra is also a must in the mirror match. But even then, a smart Karakuri player won't leave themselves open to a point where Cyber Dragon will do anything to their set up. But the third is sided in none the less.

I only run a single Thunder King in the main. I don't feel like anymore is needed. I like how the build is right now and how it runs together. You just have to play smart and logically with the deck to do well.

Let me know what you think!

Main deck looks pretty solid. Personally I run a second tkro but nice build.

My only question is why don't you run roach over utopia or zenmainis? It really helps alot game two and three when they side their cyber dragons as well as making kuick plays more solid.

And maybe only run two mst. I run two and run two d prisons as well.

Very good build though.

dr.tedders    87
I wasn't a huge fan of more than 1 Tkro in the main. It was too slow and conflicted with Komachi too often.

I was never a huge fan of Roach. The only time i have ever used Roach in this deck was against a Dark World deck at regionals. Even then, i never needed it. It was just to put pressure down on them. And like I said, a smart Karakuri player won't leave themselves vulnerable to lose to a top deck Cyber Dragon.

I run the three mst's so I can make my pushes go through. Vanity's Emptiness is gaining popularity in Rabbit and other such decks. Plus, under a Naturia Beast, i can protect it and destroy their backrows when they try to slow play me. Considering i don't make Barkion enough in this deck to actually rely on it.