Divination x2
Essense Scatter x2
Unsummon
Volcanic Geyser
Chandra's Fury
Searing Spear

10 Island
7 Mountain

Easiest 8 packs ever with UR Evasion. Did not lose a single game 6-0. Only interesting picks I made were p2p4 where I took a second Divination over a second Sleep. P2P2 I was passed Talrand guy and so I thought Divination was a better choice and P1P4 Fog Bank over Welkin Tern. That one Sleep did win me a lot of games though.

Sage.    844
Sleep is great, but you usually don't want very many of them. One is plenty and if you have an Archaeomancer then you're set. Two just gets clunky.

I played a couple of RGD drafts, but boy are they absolute shit value. Guildpact and Dissension are like 1 tik each and winning the fucking draft barely pays for itself. It's like cube all over again. Plus, the format feels dated. There are so many cards that are so bad now that damage doesn't stack, and compared to modern draft sets, the card quality is just lower. Don't get me wrong, they're still fun, just not as great as people seem to hold them up to be.

Azn_Boy    385
I played in 3 RGD drafts, I didn't win a single one. And I only won a total of 4 packs. I started to watch Marlon Egolf's RGD draft(s) and I made the mistake of playing 16-17 lands (3-4 being karoos) with 2-3 signets. Also land destruction cards (And that one blue creature in GPT that switches lands) are very good when you're on the play.

Also, signals aren't important. All the colors will eventually get you color screwed in at least one game.

PsyKnz    179
I think you'll find m13 doesn't lend itself that well to sealed (like most core sets) so you wind up in a slow bomb controlled format barring some mad wicked quick card pool or substantial evasive cards coming up. There aren't enough synergies to make the format interesting.

MasterSimon    58
[quote name='PsyKnz' timestamp='1346896431' post='3273878']
I think you'll find m13 doesn't lend itself that well to sealed (like most core sets) so you wind up in a slow bomb controlled format barring some mad wicked quick card pool or substantial evasive cards coming up. There aren't enough synergies to make the format interesting.
[/quote]

I felt the same way, but I kinda want to figure it out since the PTQs are limited. There has to be something you can do to increase your win % other than just pray to open a good pool. I've got a hard pool in this daily. I'll post it soon.

[spoiler]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/MasterSimon/M13Pool_9_5_2012.jpg[/img]
[/spoiler]

Joe.    4951
I played a RGD without ever playing the format and went 6-0 in games. It was a bunch of fun but made the mistake of doing it Tuesday night. So I went back for more and it was off MTGO with the Wed. down time =[

I had this 4 Color Control deck. I won every game with Rakdos lol. Card seemed meh, but I needed a finisher. I'd just wait on Consult the Necrosages/Fall to discard their hand after using one for one removal on everything and drop Rakdos. Was a bunch of fun! All I knew was to draft bounce lands high lol. I has four.

MasterSimon    58
[quote name='Azn_Boy' timestamp='1346919568' post='3274116']
That pool blows lol.

GR splash Oblivion Ring easily.
[/quote]

Pretty much, and this one has more removal than my last one! :/

I went straight up GR because I wasn't sure I could cast O-Ring reliably if I splashed it.
Even then I was still pretty confused as to how I should be building this thing.

Here is what I ended up with:

[spoiler]
[b]Lands: 17[/b]
9 Mountains
8 Forest

[b]Creatures: 16[/b]
1 Silklash Spider
2 Sentinel Spider
1 Spiked Baloth
1 Primal Huntbeast
1 Elvish Archdruid
1 Yeva's Forcemage
1 Flinthoof Boar
1 Arms Dealer
1 Rummaging Goblin
2 Mogg Flunkies
1 Torch Field
2 Goblin Arsonist
1 Chronomaton

[b]Other Spells: 7[/b]
1 Ranger's Path
1 Titanic Growth
1 Volcanic Gyser
1 Turn to Slag
1 Gilded Lotus
1 Ring of Kalonia
1 Kitesale
[/spoiler]

Azn_Boy    385
[quote name='MasterSimon' timestamp='1346944489' post='3274223']
[quote name='Azn_Boy' timestamp='1346919568' post='3274116']
That pool blows lol.

GR splash Oblivion Ring easily.
[/quote]

Pretty much, and this one has more removal than my last one! :/

I went straight up GR because I wasn't sure I could cast O-Ring reliably if I splashed it.
Even then I was still pretty confused as to how I should be building this thing.

Here is what I ended up with:

[spoiler]
[b]Lands: 17[/b]
9 Mountains
8 Forest

1 Silklash Spider
2 Sentinel Spider
1 Spiked Baloth
1 Primal Huntbeast
1 Elvish Archdruid
1 Yeva's Forcemage
1 Flinthoof Boar
1 Arms Dealer
1 Rummaging Goblin
2 Mogg Flunkies
1 Torch Field
2 Goblin Arsonist
1 Chronomaton

1 Ranger's Path
1 Titanic Growth
1 Volcanic Gyser
1 Turn to Slag
1 Gilded Lotus
1 Ring of Kalonia
1 Kitesale
[/spoiler]
[/quote]

I would've played this:

Vastwood Gorger
Silklash Spider
Sentinel Spider x2
Spiked Baloth
Canyon Minotaur
Primal Huntbeast
Flinthoof Boar
Mindclaw Shaman
Rummaging Goblin
Arms Dealer
Torchfiend
Mogg Flunkies x2
Goblin Arsonist x2
Chronomaton

Volcanic Geyser
Turn to Slag
Titanic Growth
Oblivion Ring
Divine Verdict
Kitesail

Plains x2
Forest x8
Mountain X7

It would normally be 3 plains, but this is sealed and your pool blows so you gotta be greedy anyways.

MasterSimon    58
I personally don't like to main deck Mindclaw Shaman.
I also don't like such a high curve with no acceleration in M13 sealed.
Not sure about everyone else, but I have a crazy hard time getting to five mana.

If I had to redo the straight GR version I'd probably do something like:
[spoiler][b]Lands: 17[/b]
9 Forest
8 Mountains

2 Vastwood Gorger
1 Silklash Spider
2 Sentinel Spider
1 Spiked Baloth
1 Primal Huntbeast
1 Flinthoof Boar
1 Arms Dealer
1 Rummaging Goblin
2 Mogg Flunkies
1 Torch Field
2 Goblin Arsonist
1 Chronomaton

1 Ranger's Path
1 Titanic Growth
1 Volcanic Gyser
1 Turn to Slag
1 Jayemdae Tome
1 Ring of Kalonia/Ranger's Path
1 Kitesale[/spoiler]

I think Jayemdae Tome could be a good mana sink for a sealed ramp deck. Not sure I can call a deck with only one Ranger's Path a ramp deck though, but not too sure what to take out for more Ramp or if it is even needed. Possibly the Ring of Kalonia?

If I was going to go GRw I think I would go with something like:
[spoiler][b]Lands: 17[/b]
8 Forest
7 Mountains
2 Plains

1 Vastwood Gorger
1 Silklash Spider
2 Sentinel Spider
1 Spiked Baloth
1 Primal Huntbeast
1 Flinthoof Boar
1 Canyon Minotaur
1 Arms Dealer
1 Rummaging Goblin
2 Mogg Flunkies
1 Torch Field
2 Goblin Arsonist
1 Chronomaton

1 Titanic Growth
1 Volcanic Gyser
1 Turn to Slag
1 Divine Verdict
1 Oblivian Ring
1 Gilded Lotus/Plains/Canyon Minotaur
1 Kitesale[/spoiler]

I wasn't very sure on the last slot. I didn't want the Mindclaw Shaman but didn't know if I should go with the Gilded Lotus, 18th Land, or random vanilla. I've never been one to get greedy with sealed, but then again I also rarely have such weak pools outside of M13.

Azn_Boy    385
Shaman is very good in sealed. Not so much in draft.

If you think it's hard to get to 5 mana, just choose to draw first then.

MasterSimon    58
[quote name='Azn_Boy' timestamp='1346964391' post='3274388']Shaman is very good in sealed. Not so much in draft.

If you think it's hard to get to 5 mana, just choose to draw first then.[/quote]

I'll give Shaman another try. Admittedly I haven't had much chance to test.

What do you think about Jayemdea Tome in sealed?

I do have a much easier time hitting 5 mana when I draw first, guess I've got to get better at figuring out if my deck wants to play or draw. What do you think about 18 lands if you end up with a higher curve or other alternatives?

I'll post another pool when I get off of work.

Azn_Boy    385
17 is fine. Curve and deck strategy doesn't justify 18.

The only time I played 18 lands was when I drafted 5 color flashback in DKA/ISD/ISD. I had to play 18 because I was playing 5 colors and I would mill lands constantly.

Azn_Boy    385
I'm a big sucker for Trading Post + Primal Clay lol

captain of the watch
healer of the pride
griffin protector
guardians of akrasa
attended knight x2
war priest of thune
aven squire
fog bank x2
Archaeomancer
Primal Clay

Jace, Memory Adept

Sands of Delirium
Trading Post
Searing Spear x2
Switcheroo
Sleep
Divine Verdict
Captain's Call
Pacifism
Show of Valor

2 Mountain
7 Island
8 Plains

Probably not optimal, but it would be what I would play.

If they board in Naturalize/Smelt/Torch Fiend for Sands, I guess you do have Trading Post to get it back. Definitely a deck that would look to draw first. Against slower decks, you board in Elixir and you cannot lose since you have Sands + Jace.

PsyKnz    179
Wow that second pool is awesome. Could do so many things with it. I'd be tempted to try U/R Volcanic Geiser Control. I differ from you guys on the first pool, I would do it U/B/w flying guys.

Azn_Boy    385
His black isn't deep enough, and you want answers against evasion. For his second pool, his red is awful. Volcanic Geyser is very overrated even with 4 Archaeomancers.

Azn_Boy    385
[quote name='PsyKnz' timestamp='1346996490' post='3274808']
I honestly don't see how that black pool isn't deep enough but that red pool is. I guess I must just be bad.
[/quote]
I didn't say red was deep, both aren't that deep but the only thing black offered was a bomb and a few guys that fly.

This is sealed, his pool barely has any removal and you want removal. In red he has Arms Dealer and 5 other playable goblins (Mogg Flunkies is very underrated). It also has Turn to Slag. Flinthoof Boar in green gives you more incentive to play red.

MasterSimon    58
With Pool #1 I have no idea how you could be in anything but G and R, the only question is splashing white for more removal or not. BW isn't deep enough, and you can't just splash W or B if you're going to pair either with U. WUB has a decent aggressive flyers strategy, but is super light on removal and has a pretty sketchy manabase. W and R are the only removal, but the W is so shallow and R is not deep enough to pair it with W. G has the best end game and is the deepest of my colors and R is deeper than W.

With Pool #2 I tried BW and UR. What I learned from that was my White was very good, but I didn't have enough removal. UR was so top heavy. Didn't think to give WUr a try, but that lists looks pretty good.

I'm really risk adverse when it comes to being greedy with a splash but I guess when you're that removal light being greedy for removal is necessary?

If you guys like/don't mind doing this I'll post another pool when I get off of work.

EDIT: Here's another pool
[spoiler][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/MasterSimon/M13Pool_8_8_2012.jpg[/IMG][/spoiler]

Joe.    4951
2 War Falcon
2 Duty Bound Dead
2 Ajani's Sunstriker
2 Aven Squire
2 Knight of Glory
2 Serra Avenger
1 Knight of Infamy
1 Vampire Knighthawk
2 Crusader of Odric
1 Guardian's of Akrasa
1 Rhonx Faithmender
1 Healer of the Pride
1 Captain of the Watch

1 Crippling Blight
1 Essense Drain
1 Angelic Benediction

Just drafted this masterpiece.

Glimmervoid    92
Do you have any tips for a player attending his first sealed format next weekend? I'm pretty new to magic, and I have no ideas of ratios etc. when playing sealed. There's a Return to Ravnica sealed in my local store.

Tartarga    74
Do you guys have any tips for m13 sealed? I have a grand prix this weekend and I want to feel confident.
I play draft mostly and I'm not really sure which cards are good in sealed (spelltwine sucks in draft but in sealed it's amazing, supposedly mindclaw shaman too)

For that last pool I'd go G/W I guess