Haruki

Ron Paul 2012

[quote name='Pharaoh Atem' timestamp='1324267004' post='3055519']
[b]And to bring in a "think of the children" angle - I cannot in good conscience tolerate bigots raising children who do not yet have the mental strength to rebel against said bigotries.[/b] It is indoctrination of the worst sort: an indoctrination that has a non-rational part of me convinced Almighty God exists and is going to send me to hell personally once I perish just so he can get his fucking rocks off.[b] I will not have children feel that about their lives, ever, just for being what some religious person considers abominable. Not every child is some magical paragon like me; not every child can deal with despair for years in a religious and social sense and come out smelling like a rose. Some actually end up messed up, and some die. I will not tolerate it.[/b]
[/quote]

i feel ya [b]100%[/b] on this. question is - [i]what the fuck can you do about it[/i]? all your arguments at the core are "Atem should be benevolent dictator for life"

[quote]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]"Vote with your feet" is not economically viable for all citizens, because citizens are not guaranteed what it takes to survive[/size][/font]
[/quote]

Nothing's guaranteed. The Underground Railroad wasn't viable for everyone. but it did [i]a damn lot of good[/i].

[quote]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]The flaw of your mindset is simply that those in even worse Faubus situations can't escape, and you're telling them "just escape." So fuck your sensibilities; either you pick them up out of there, or your bitching just comes off as the whining of an overentitled westerner JUST LIKE ME. It's as fucking inane and stupid as the people who blindly believe in bootstraps; blind belief in feet is stupid when feet can't get you away.[/size][/font]

[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]There is no way to turn bigoted shitholes into bigoted shitholes inhabited only by the bigots who deserve them. Any insistence that anyone ought just "suffer for their lack of fortune" is the enemy here, and I will not have it. Realpolitik is a fucking failure.[/size][/font]
[/quote]

Well no shit it's not going to catch everything. But it remains the most viable and efficient way to save the ppl we can. It's already happening today - the ones who ARE able to escape shithole X and build a life of some sort, often are the perfect people who can and do go back to shithole X to help the ones who couldn't get out. for starters it's the story of a lot of immigrant families, mine included.

But what are you gonna do, send cops and social workers to every household to make sure parents aren't raising their children to be bigots, forcibly removing children from the households that do, and interring all of them in a big state-run foster home where they're taught all the "right" things? Or better yet, lock up parents? (in principle i would not be opposed, but the gulf between the "frictionless environment" of philosophy and gritty reality yawns very wide here)

Your accusation of me being some spoiled westerner is [s]bigoted[/s] unfair. I do not say the things i do lightly, or out of comfort. it weighs on me every day that there are those who can't escape, and those i can't save, and those the government can't save either. Life/God is cruel. But unlike you i'm not going to reject a workable plan because i won't settle for any less than a plan where no one falls through the cracks. to borrow game terminology, you're[i] too god damn greedy[/i]. It's the same reason bill clinton failed to pass healthcare reform: he tried to attack for game two turns into the duel. if he played it smart, slowly consolidating position and advantage piece by painstaking, disciplined piece (through realpolitik, cutting deals, brokering compromises, meticulously tailored speeches, and many backroom negotiations - all things which you seem to loathe)
it would've taken longer but [i]he would've actually accomplished to show for it[/i].

likewise this is your big weakness. you get emotional on this issue and try to push for game several turns too early. in all these other situations you have the masterful, cool, calculating head of a chessmaster, with the results to show. but when this issue comes up you revert from the King of Games to "wah, wah baby pharaoh wants justice NOW". like so many noobs, you're left with nothing because you demand everything.

i realize this is a bitter pill for you to swallow, but i still wanna put it out there
  • Upvote 1

»Pharaoh Atem    15769
[quote name='Mr. T' timestamp='1324269955' post='3055557']
[quote name='Pharaoh Atem' timestamp='1324267004' post='3055519']
[b]And to bring in a "think of the children" angle - I cannot in good conscience tolerate bigots raising children who do not yet have the mental strength to rebel against said bigotries.[/b] It is indoctrination of the worst sort: an indoctrination that has a non-rational part of me convinced Almighty God exists and is going to send me to hell personally once I perish just so he can get his fucking rocks off.[b] I will not have children feel that about their lives, ever, just for being what some religious person considers abominable. Not every child is some magical paragon like me; not every child can deal with despair for years in a religious and social sense and come out smelling like a rose. Some actually end up messed up, and some die. I will not tolerate it.[/b]
[/quote]

i feel ya [b]100%[/b] on this. question is - [i]what the fuck can you do about it[/i]? all your arguments at the core are "Atem should be benevolent dictator for life"
[/quote]

[url="http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?showtopic=140457&st=0&p=3055532&#entry3055532"]Dear readers, this is the point where you realize Atem told Tsai what Tsai's core argument would be before Tsai said it.[/url]

Don't you think I deal with this shit daily? You've carried correspondence with me often enough to know that I'm plenty hung up on that fact, and do what I can to get to a solution as-close-as-possible to it. Like, for example, not voting for people weak on the Faubus front!

AND NOW WE COME FULL CIRCLE.

Joe.    4932
"Newt Gingrich's campaign is rapidly imploding, and Ron Paul has now taken the lead in Iowa. He's at 23% to 20% for Mitt Romney, 14% for Gingrich, 10% each for Rick Santorum, Michele Bachmann, and Rick Perry, 4% for Jon Huntsman, and 2% for Gary Johnson."

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2011/12/paul-leads-in-iowa.html

Oh ya know... no big deal or anything.

»Pharaoh Atem    15769
I hate Newt Gingrich. I hope Paul wipes the floor with his hypocritical face. And Rick Perry's even worse. I can deal with flip-floppers when it comes to bills (does Romney fit as that?), but I can't deal with "I can commit adultery but Clinton can't", and I can't deal with "burn the fags at the stake."

Anyway, there were some Gary supporters here on-site earlier, and they seemed pretty sharp-witted - what happened with him?
  • Upvote 4

Ammit    5159
I believe he's similar to Paul, however Paul has been around a lot longer, so I feel like most people that would support Gary would support Paul, and he's more well known.
  • Upvote 1

»Pharaoh Atem    15769
Perhaps a Paul-Gary ticket, mebbe?

+rei+    34682
[quote name='Pharaoh Atem' timestamp='1324266829' post='3055515']

Mr. Paul is not the enemy
[/quote]
Unless you're a woman.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

+rei+    34682
[quote name='Atticus' timestamp='1324328266' post='3055976']
[quote name='rei' timestamp='1324304748' post='3055760']

[/quote]
Unless you're a woman.
[/quote]
or black.
[/quote]
Or crippled while not independently wealthy
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Haruki    12639
[quote name='Exhale' timestamp='1324330411' post='3056004']
thank god there are no black women here
[/quote]
[img]http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqbl295ZZa1r14hw1o1_500.gif[/img]
  • Upvote 2

brighteyes    2150
[quote name='Starwind' timestamp='1324274602' post='3055613']
Got that new sig.
[/quote]
  • Upvote 1

Malcolm's Multi    1793
[quote name='Windshookuggalo' timestamp='1324257658' post='3055380']
anyone who doesnt vote for ron paul deserves everything coming their way!
[/quote]

how the fuck did this get negged. it could be taken either way but you negative nancies ate it up.

DO YOU HATE RON PAUL THAT MUCH!

fuck the ron paul fanboys, i was trying to join the positive party up in here but have been shunned.

Rick Perry 2012
  • Upvote 2

»orangeeyes    11863
Obama 2012
  • Upvote 11
  • Downvote 5

SSJ Grumpig    5620
[img]http://mercs.firespray.net/photo/albums/newspage/2012bumper.jpeg[/img]
  • Upvote 1

Joe.    4932
Paul has won the two subsequent polls after the inherently left-leaning one that origianlly saw Paul in first.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

SSJ Grumpig    5620
im going to write in Mandalore the First when i vote and you can too

[/quote]
Unless you're a woman.
[/quote]

[url="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/08/obama-sebelius-morning-after-pill_n_1137014.html"]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/08/obama-sebelius-morning-after-pill_n_1137014.html[/url]

just sayin

JackAtlas    469
I came in not knowing who this guy is, and I can honestly say I really respect him for being real with the public on his views.
  • Upvote 3

+rei+    34682
[quote name='Mr. T' timestamp='1324359084' post='3056302']

[/quote]
Unless you're a woman.
[/quote]

[url="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/08/obama-sebelius-morning-after-pill_n_1137014.html"]http://www.huffingto..._n_1137014.html[/url]

just sayin
[/quote]

[url="http://www.ronpaul.com/on-the-issues/abortion/"]http://www.ronpaul.com/on-the-issues/abortion/[/url]
just sayin
  • Upvote 1

BigDongStudios    3549
Reading Ron Paul's stance on most issues made me feel hopeful, but once I got around to reading the abortion part it made me sad. I still feel that he would bring forth a lot of positive change if elected, though. Realistically, could he repeal Roe vs. Wade? How easy would it be to implement compared to the changes he wants to make to federal institutions, the federal budget, etc.?