captainameowica

Street Fighter x Tekken

146 posts in this topic

I thought they would at least do a short video for the end of the game.

So I've been playing at my buddies place for a little while and it seems to me that the Street Fighter characters are much stronger than the Tekken characters. I understand that the game was developed by Capcom but I'd still like to see a little more balance between the characters.

it's a bit early to have these observations but i have to say.... you are very wrong. the tekken cast are friggin beasts when they have meter. just because all sf cast is much better than their sf counterparts doesn't mean that they're better than tekken cast. there are tier leaders from both universes and they are very competitive with each other.

Not having played the game too much the tekken characters seem just as good as anyone.

juri and asuka are beast and im not really a SF player.

Did anyone else clock that Pacman is riding a Mokujin?

[quote name='BiPi' timestamp='1331400465' post='3125502']
it's a bit early to have these observations but i have to say.... you are very wrong. the tekken cast are friggin beasts when they have meter. just because all sf cast is much better than their sf counterparts doesn't mean that they're better than tekken cast. there are tier leaders from both universes and they are very competitive with each other.
[/quote]

Maybe it was just the tier characters then. Either way I still enjoy the game.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8-Hp0Gpipo&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8-Hp0Gpipo&feature=related[/url]

How do you get cinematic endings? I beat the game with Jin and I didn't get any :(

think you have to beat the game with the allotted team pairings, not one you prefer.

By the way guys, have you seen this yet? It's pretty cool in my opinion.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn_HaEf62h4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn_HaEf62h4[/url]

[quote name='Indignation' timestamp='1331472802' post='3126037']
How do you get cinematic endings? I beat the game with Jin and I didn't get any :(
[/quote]

When you finish it with characters in game partner.It's the guy/girl next to who you choose.

If anyone hasn't bought this yet,don't do it.Although it's really fun to play ,Online is a fucking mess with really big issues.Nothing like SSF4 and worse than SF4.Sounds glitch up,laggy as HELL.Seems like everyone is experiencing these problems.They say it's about the Online coding and stuff.

[quote name='Paragon' timestamp='1331558293' post='3126747']
[quote name='Indignation' timestamp='1331472802' post='3126037']
[/quote]

When you finish it with characters in game partner.It's the guy/girl next to who you choose.

If anyone hasn't bought this yet,don't do it.Although it's really fun to play ,Online is a fucking mess with really big issues.Nothing like SSF4 and worse than SF4.Sounds glitch up,laggy as HELL.Seems like everyone is experiencing these problems.They say it's about the Online coding and stuff.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the game will get a patch to fix the problem.

Haven't kept up with this much. Is this really hitting the competitive scene at all? If so, it is normal matches or matches with the gem things? Definitely looks fun and if/when I get some spare cash I might pick it up.

[quote name='Sage.' timestamp='1331593016' post='3127081']
Haven't kept up with this much. Is this really hitting the competitive scene at all? If so, it is normal matches or matches with the gem things? Definitely looks fun and if/when I get some spare cash I might pick it up.
[/quote]

I really wanna know this too.Game feels awesome(if you can get over sound problems online is ok too) but it feels so incomplete.I feel like so much fixing is needed here and there.Bar feeds up so fast,Gem system is meh.Pandora Mode is nearly useless compared to X Factor in MVC3,some animations take way TOO MUCH time and you time runs out given that you have much more health than you had in SSF4.Also the game doesn't feel unique in anyway,feels too in between.Maybe it's just me and the power curve.

One final thing:BP system is utterly retarded.

These are all coming from a casual player though.I really wanna see some good SF players play this on EVO but after I play a few more days I'll probably sell it away.The Ultraİ/Ultimate version will be much more sweet.

[quote name='Paragon' timestamp='1331601424' post='3127174']
[quote name='Sage.' timestamp='1331593016' post='3127081']
[/quote]

These are all coming from a casual player though.I really wanna see some good SF players play this on EVO but after I play a few more days I'll probably sell it away.The Ultraİ/Ultimate version will be much more sweet.
[/quote]
Capcom said that this is the only disc version of the game you need to buy, They done some bullshit in the past but there's no reason for you to sell your game back having them said this.

yeah online is truly awful. i dont see how excellent adventures makes it seem even remotely playable. i had absolutely no lag with a great player in texas named pablo in ssf4. lag is in every second of every game in sxt.

just sucks because i want to learn more about this game and the online completely kills the experience.

Passed up on this game after seeing Capcom's direction with their flagship series since AE. I do not like how Capcom is forcing stupid mindless offense into the current generation. AE became a mixup heavy game and SFxT is also an aggressive game filled with hi/low mixups and retarded crossups. I still play AE from time to time, and spend alot of training mode time in UMvC3 because broken shitty games are fun to play.

Anyways, I'm waiting for Guilty Gear to come out already :/

I'll get SFxT eventually lol. Probably when it's under $30 and Capcom released the DLC for all the costumes and colors.

>Got the Special Edition today
>Missing Voucher code for my 36+ Gems lol (it isnt on the back of the Arcade Bank)

[quote name='Unknown001' timestamp='1331693322' post='3128136']
>Got the Special Edition today
>Missing Voucher code for my 36+ Gems lol (it isnt on the back of the Arcade Bank)
[/quote]

My Special Edition came in yesterday as well but I didn't check for the code.

So yeah I got my code with my Special Edition. Also, Mega Man and Pac Man are fucking awesome.

How has everyone been enjoying the game so far? I still think it's a really fun game, though I would like to see some things fixed.

fixing is a necessity for the game. online is so awful.

been using cole a lot lately. he sucks overall but i really like his pressure. wish capcom didnt make him so fragile and his links so hard.

If I enjoy Yang in SSF4AE(and 2012) what character(s) do you suggest I play in SFxT? I'm waiting on the PC release still so I have time to kill for research on characters.