River of Tears

What Are Your Beliefs and Why?

Honey    95
Since I was raised Catholic, I will stay Catholic. If you were raised atheist, you stay atheist, but you can always change and believe in God.
  • Downvote 9

Wilson    12516
[quote name='Honey' timestamp='1343813229' post='3244663']
Since I was raised Catholic, I will stay Catholic. If you were raised atheist, you stay atheist, but you can always change and believe in God.
[/quote]

I think you're going to fit in well here.
  • Upvote 1

Honey    95
If you bash religion, it's almost the same thing as bashing homosexuals and blacks. When will atheists learn? Christians and atheists are similar in some ways after all. I respect everyone regardless of sexual orientation, race, and religion, unlike atheists.

Wilson    12516
because you can totally choose to be gay or black.

Honey    95
We Catholics are the supreme master race. Islam and atheism are inferior to us. I still have respect for them.
  • Downvote 5

Wilson    12516
subtle troll is subtle.

come on man, you can do better than this.

Wilson    12516
[quote name='Honey' timestamp='1343837387' post='3244795']
You're going to Hell.
[/quote]

back under the bridge with you!
  • Upvote 3

Kahu    2419
I'm an atheist.

The reason being that I've never faced extensive exposure to a religious environment, and that I've seen people around me get shit on just for trying hard to make a better life for themselves. I just don't care about religion, I find it hard to believe that any form of higher being would allow humanity to go down a road of atrocities again and again for the sake of the good of mankind, and I find it pointless to dwell on the possibility of an afterlife when our reality's already shitty as it is and death is FAR more distant than the reality of my future in this world in the confines of my mind.

I'm just going to not give a damn, and live life, and see how it works out.

And before some zealot tells me I'm going to hell, let me set this straight. If there really IS an afterlife where you can be Proud, Lustful, Greedy, Rage-filled, Lazy, Envious, and Gluttonous to your hearts' extent, I want in. A chaotic world where shallow emotions, animalistic impulses, and sex parties rule an entirey society of sadomasochistic nutjobs sounds like my kind of place.

~Deadborder~    5156
I may be going into pop science territory here but I've always found the many-worlds interpretation to be both incredibly cool and incredibly terrifying.

While I suppose it doesn't quite prove or disprove the existence of a God/god/whatever, since apparently they're supposed to exist outside of the universe or something, it's interesting to think that somewhere, though we'll never actually see it, anything that could happen has happened.

That person who doesn't love you back in this universe has raised a happy family with you in another.
There's a universe just by sheer chance that probably has actual living Pokemon, with any new ones discovered being parallel to the ones we have on our games.
You bought a lottery ticket for the hell of it and set yourself for life.

On the other hand, there are worlds where you are absolutely miserable, worlds where seconds after reading this, you or I will die in a freak accident, worlds ravaged by nuclear holocaust. And if the interpretation is true, all of these are just as real as our universe is.

I don't really know where I'm going with this, but it's something cool to think about. I guess you can also see it as a more literal version of "your possibilities are infinite" or some shit like that.

Shaman    532
Paulism. Nobody but Paul.

But on a more serious note I don't believe anything but I can entertain different ideas.
  • Upvote 2

+rei+    34681
[quote name='Shaman' timestamp='1344035425' post='3246316']
Paulism. Nobody but Paul.

But on a more serious note I don't believe anything but I can entertain different ideas.
[/quote]
I know man, Paul is awesome, his gf is hot, his current DG name is an awesome villain, he was recently given mod, and he's almost certainly the strongest guy on the site.

Solidarity.
  • Upvote 5

emblem    1211
Catholic, believe in God and Jesus. Was born into a family of Catholics and went through all the catholic procedures. And I see no reason to not believe in a God. It's something that I can put my faith into rather than thinking about unanswerable questions.

On the other hand, my concept of God isn't some big guy in the sky looking down on us and knows our predetermined lives...I just think he is the force that creates and keeps the world, universes, etc, moving in line. I think it's human's self-absorbed nature to think there's some guy who is so permanently invested in your life that he is personally making sure to answer your prayers and watch over you while we have real problems in the world.

I believe the majority of christians are hypocritical douchebags...I think abortion is the woman's choice, that gays are simply people who deserve every right anyone else has, and that if Jesus was alive today, he'd be preaching about the positives of Christianity and simply working to help people rather than fighting other people over their religion or lack thereof. Anyone who seriously has a problem with Atheism or any religion is an idiot.

+rei+    34681
emblem you might want to look into deism - it has a lot of similarities with your beliefs
  • Upvote 1

emblem    1211
Thanks. I looked into it just now and it fit me to a tee with one exception - they don't believe in the trinity (unless there are exceptions to this?). Interesting stuff nonetheless, and may help me label myself with a religion in the future. I'll be looking at some websites online I found while looking it up.

+rei+    34681
its not so much a religion as a religious philosophy, that by and large can apply to you. Its an interesting thought process