.ben.

Why I Think Agents Should Win YCS ATL

»neptune    3789
The deck has pretty good match-ups against everything to be honest. Not to mention it can easily come back with a Hyperion/BLS/TGU/Kristya top deck.

yeah TGU is a boss monster in the deck.

»victor    6399
[quote name='Urthor' timestamp='1327928421' post='3088424']
Couldn't we just accept that nobody has any idea at all of what is going to win Atlanta? All I would say is that its probably not going to be [b]DW Inz[/b] or Wind-UP [b]because of Shadow Mirrors murdering the first two[/b] and the overhype factor leading to mega hate sides for the 2nd, á la Columbus.
[/quote]

This is one of the more ignorant posts I've seen lately.

[quote name='victor' timestamp='1325188700' post='3062869']
[quote name='benthegreat' timestamp='1325185963' post='3062845']
I'm with Graham on this one. Barring something like Dolkka for Inzektors coming out, I can't see a basic build gaining a lot of traction.

Just like Columbus and DW, people are going to overside veilers and chains for this match-up. The difference being the Veilers and Chains are also good against other decks.
[/quote]

People may think of siding SIM for this matchup as well, the logic being it also works against Dark World.

The thing I feel people are overlooking is that Inzektors can be played like Scraps. They can main Royal Decree alongside a full trap lineup. Because they can pop their own Royal Decree, it doesn't matter if the opponent doesn't commit to the field. They still get their Inzektor effects off, their combo going, and card advantage. And why would you side Fiendish Chain, SIM, Chaos Trap Hole, Chain Disappearance, etc. knowing that I play 3 Royal Decree and possibly 3 MST.

Mained Royal Decree kills the Ninja decktypes that I'm sure some people will play, and it hurts other decks as well.

But it's also worth noting that folks who main Effect Veiler and side SIM aren't really well prepared for Dark World. While SIM counters Tour Guide, Sangan, and 9 Inzektors, it doesn't stop Grapha or Giant Orc. With Dark World having DDV, Dark Smog, and Skill Drain at its disposal, and the knowledge that Windup Hunter decks are just "suicide bombers" (everyone other deck will be maining Maxx C and Effect Veiler and the straight up loop is countered), Dark World can make a strong showing. If people sidedeck Chaos Trap Hole or Chain Disappearance for the Inzektor matchup, and neglect Gemini Imps, they will suffer for it.
[/quote]

I posted this a while back, and it's largely still true.

People maining Maxx C and Effect Veiler are at a disadvantage vs Dark World, the latter having no effect on Grapha, and former merely a 1 for 1. Shadow Imprisoning Mirror (considering that it doubles up in the Inzektor matchup, people seem to think it's enough), does nothing to Grapha summoning, or to Giant Orc.

Dark World can either go the Cydra/Ryko/Raioh/BLS + MST/Dust route, or bring in Rivalry/Gozen/Drain/DDV/Smog, etc. And Dark World, moreso than other decks has the deck thinning and draw power to see their sided cards.

And it's the "big monster sydrome", when it comes to Veiler and Fiendish Chain. People aren't going to be playing DPrison, fearing Inzektors, and Fiendish Chain instead.

The problem is this:

[quote]Fiendish Chaining a big monster so it cannot attack: What happens is that you have to commit additional resources to get rid of it. This often means Synchroing or XYZing over it, which will be punished by Veiler and Maxx C.

Or alternatively, you could then Smashing Ground, etc. it, but then you just played 2 cards (Fiendish Chain + monster removal) to get rid of my 1 card. Either way, you're down.

The thing that people aren't realizing is that Veiler and Fiendish Chain are only good because Inzektors can follow it up innately and decks like Agents can drop Hyperion, bosses to likewise clear things up. Just tossing Veiler and Fiendish Chain in any old deck isn't smart, and decks like Dark World, etc. will take advantage of that.

In the OCG, people played BTH over Veiler for the longest time (read before Inzektors), because aside from priority rules being different, BTH handled the Venus threat whereas Veiler would leave it on board. 1600 ATK may not be much, but if you can't deal with immediately, no good.[/quote]

It's a risk and overcommitment to get over Grapha's 2700 ATK with cards beyond BTH and DPrison. But now we have Trance Archfiend to mitigate that...

----------

TLDR: Victor advocates a DW (or other 1 card investment big monster) deck with Effect Veilers and Maxx C.
  • Upvote 4

Gredinus    269
The problem I'm having with DWs currently (I main them) is that decks using d fissure have a field day with it (like rabbit).

Slowpoke    1377
On top of what Victor Said about Dark World, the deck can turbo into maindecked fiendish chains and warnings to stop inzektors from raping their fields and from wind ups doing wind up things. Playing 4-5 summon/effect negators with a deck that runs 13-20 draw cards means you will see those 4-5 cards very very often turn 1.

Frazier    325
I think one of your reasons should have been something about how well the deck can side.

Rivalry and Gozen are both game ending cards against Wind-ups. For every copy that you draw they will need to have an answer. Rivalry is pretty ruinous to Dino-Rabbit too. I don't think people are really siding leeching the light anymore considering all the slots needed for Inzektors, Wind-ups, and Dino-Rabbit.
  • Upvote 2

»victor    6399
I really hate to say it, after bashing it for so long, but Steelswarm Roach is actually really strong now.

The fact that Windups can go into it after Zenmighty, means that not only can they protect Zenmaines and Zenmighty from Cyber Dragon, but they also shut down Hyperion, Chaos Sorc, BLS, etc.

And this is all considering your hand resources are shot, and relying on 1 card outs.

The saving grace at least is that in G1, they won't be prepared for mained Cydra or know that you're playing Agents, so they'll opt for Zenmaines instead, making mained Cydra good, and sided Gozen Match / Rivalry of Warlords for G2 and G3.

I really think the Cyber Eltanin idea I had, has potential. Prisma and Cydra are LIGHT, so Gozens are on hand, and you can drop Cydra G1 or Eltanin which "sends", wiping Zenmaines.

You also can go LIGHT Hero Beat, and have Alius, Crusader, TKR, crash into Roach.

And Hero Blast beats the 3 MST people will play for Fiendish Chain and Factory, and counters Inzektors.

And if people run less TK Raioh fearing Inzektors, Heroes are stronger because their searching isn't disrupted.

There's a reason Gemini Spark is one of the best Spells in the game.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Mr. 'Carnage    275
You board right and play it right, you have the same chance of every other match up winning. How I rolled with the format.

Zac2577    0
I played with Agents yesterday at a very competitive local in Miami with actual pro's that play there and Agents crushed it. Round 1 i beat Wind-Ups, round 2 i beat Hector Heras with his Inzektors, round 3 i beat Maurice Brantley running Inzekt-Ups, and beat SkillDrain DW in Round 4. Then in top i beat Wind-Ups again.

The deck is amazing Vs. the meta

however i disagree with Veiler, Herald is far better in this deck, it turns the shineballs into live cards and doesn't let them Exceed out of the Hunter that got veilered. It answers every card DW/Rabbit/Wind-up/Inzektor ect

Great post tho, and i think that if enough people show up with the right versions of the deck and know how to play Vs the meta then it can for sure top and has a legitimate chance at winning it all.

BGBK    861
i guarantee you this deck will not win the ycs and would bet money it doesn't top 4

your logic isn't awful, but you posted it prematurely. wind-ups will win ycs atl without a doubt and inzektor will outperform agent. if you honestly disagree with that, i don't know what to say to you.
  • Downvote 17

»Tygo    14142
[quote name='yugioh twelve' timestamp='1329033665' post='3098694']
i guarantee you this deck will not win the ycs and would bet money it doesn't top 4

your logic isn't awful, but you posted it prematurely. wind-ups will win ycs atl without a doubt and inzektor will outperform agent. if you honestly disagree with that, i don't know what to say to you.
[/quote]
I can honestly say that you are the worst poster on this site. You post the dumbest shit without any form of argument to backup your claims and neg people you disagree with. Shut the fuck up and stop pretending you're good at this game.
  • Upvote 13

DrDroo    322
Agree with everything in OP, except:

[quote name='benthegreat' timestamp='1327440910' post='3084031']
[b]3) The Engine Allows for Flexibility[/b]
As is the case with many decks, the engine is merely something to keep you in the game; but the "tech" is what sets it apart. Admittedly, the Agent engine is slightly larger than most at a minimum of 12 cards (Plant, Inzektor, Dino Rabbit). However, it still has plenty of room to tech against the metagame.[/quote]
I think this is the biggest issue for the deck right now. Before, players could easily use tragoedia/tour guide/gorz or T.G. stuff as filler to allow for BLS and Sorcerer. However, tragoedia is pretty crappy right now. T.G. stuff may still be good, I haven't tested it, but it seems fairly slow.

If a good filler sub-engine could be found, I think it would put agents on top.

[quote name='benthegreat' timestamp='1327440910' post='3084031']
[b]4) The Dino Match-up[/b]
Agents, however, are not wrecked by Dolkka. [/quote]

In my experience so far, this has not been the case.

Anyways I'm actually off to test agents right now after scott page pounded my booty with them a few games in a row.

Semaj.    2263
[quote name='Fat Camden' timestamp='1329777637' post='3109001']
I tried my best...
[/quote]
Totally random: but did you march tuba at BU?

Also, congrats on the top :)

Fat Camden    106
[quote name='Semaj.' timestamp='1329778791' post='3109029']
I tried my best...
[/quote]

[/quote]

Haha yeah I did, I have no idea who posted that on that youtube video though...
And thanks!

Semaj.    2263
[quote name='Fat Camden' timestamp='1329778867' post='3109031']
[quote name='Semaj.' timestamp='1329778791' post='3109029']
I tried my best...
[/quote]

[/quote]

Haha yeah I did, I have no idea who posted that on that youtube video though...
And thanks!
[/quote]
lol I marched tuba at UofA, so I thought it was pretty cool to find another ygo play who marched tuba in college