Sign in to follow this  
Lang

Gonna buy a truck

Lang    905
I'm thinking of purchasing a truck in like 6 months. All I really ask for is the best mpg combined with lots of leg room. I have been looking around, and was going to get a Toyota Tacoma, has 21/35 mpg, and is rather spacious.This will be my first new car I have purchased, gonna be great!

Has anyone purchased a truck recently, or you have one already? Or just simple feedback

Thanks DGZ

Anonymous    58
doubt it will get that much,seeing how it's rated for 30 mpg(CDN), and that's in ideal conditions.

Have you looked at a ford explorer sportracs, a chevrolet avalanche or any half tonnes yet?

I know the F-150's are spacious and are pretty good on fuel(both the ecoboost and the 5,0l), and the new hemis are boasting to get 28 mpg

But I'm just guessing this is all going to boil down to price, isn't it?

Lang    905
Not so much the price. Like i def dont wanna get a basic model of something, but have some features.

Anonymous    58
in that case,a F-150 XTR is your best bet. If you could find a dealership that still has one on their lot, maybe look into getting a ranger. you can get a fully loaded one for less than 24 grand now, and I can tell you, as a ranger owner myself, those things do have a fair bit of leg room.

Avoid anything Dodge/Ram if you want anything with features, unless you want to get an SLT outdoorsman.

GM is having serious issues with heir sierras and silverados, and their canyons and colerados aren't any better. the avalanche is the most solid by far, but don't expect to get 30 mpg out of it. got plenty of room and tonnes of features.

the Ford explorer sportrac,which is basically a smaller verson of what you're looking for in an avalanche, but better on fuel.

The Tacoma you were looking at is a solid little truck, and I've heard the tundra is fairly roomy and half decent.

+rei+    34352
The RAM is an interesting bet as their cummins turbodiesel is prob the best engine out of the competition