scuzzlebutt

people who have facebook pictures/names of anime characters

Ammit    5159
Why shouldn't you be able to socialize how you want where you want though? You're being a bit ridiculous.
  • Upvote 4

IAmTheGreat    3772
I dont care about having friends that play yugioh, Its when the randoms I dont even know try adding me just because we have 15+ mutual friends. For fucks sake, Kulman tried adding me last week yet ive never met the kid.

Also I agree with the "people who post about nothing but yugioh"

"Just topped my local, awesome!"
"Getting ready to playtest for the big regional tomorrow lol"
"I just pulled a Rabbit. Winning!"

Seriously go fuck yourselves
  • Upvote 2

slickz    4320
[quote name='Ammit' timestamp='1332797888' post='3138487']Why shouldn't you be able to socialize how you want where you want though? You're being a bit ridiculous.[/quote]

Talking about it is one thing. Making the shit your default picture is over the top
  • Downvote 1

Sick Boy    1857
The thing is, there's a limit to everything and anything where it goes from "okay, that's what he's into" to "wow, that guy needs more hobbies." You would say this about anything and everything if its overexposed. The fact of the matter is, most yugioh/anime kids tend to become incredibly obsessive over it to the point its all they eat, speak, and poo. Yes, it is embarrassing to have someone on your friendlist named "Marik Ishtar" posting yugioh references and jokes all over your statuses, no matter how unrelated they are. Its just tacky.
  • Upvote 5

+rei+    34853
[quote name='FrioThePenguin' timestamp='1332798137' post='3138492']
[quote name='Ammit' timestamp='1332797888' post='3138487']Why shouldn't you be able to socialize how you want where you want though? You're being a bit ridiculous.[/quote]

Talking about it is one thing. Making the shit your default picture is over the top
[/quote]
but that's not what you said.

Here's a relevant question - what is socializing beyond talking about mutual interests?
  • Upvote 1

SSJ Grumpig    5620

[/quote]
the question i implied before and which was never properly answered was why does this bother you

slickz    4320
[quote name='rei' timestamp='1332801458' post='3138536']

[/quote]
but that's not what you said.

Here's a relevant question - what is socializing beyond talking about mutual interests?
[/quote]

You're right, I should have worded it differently.
And to answer your question, plenty of things.
I think posting a picture of [b]yourself is a better way of communicating with the REAL world rather than having a default picture of Naruto. [/b]Facebook is a medium to express interests, right, but also to share who you actually are with people. The majority of people don't want to go through an anime scrapbook when they click photos. But hey, some people use facebook for that and that's cool too. I do not count myself amongst that group. I don't believe it's a good way to meet new people, and more importantly, i don't think its a way to meet people who are not interested in the things that you are. You can surround yourself with people who all like the same things you do, but can you make new friends who don't share the same interests?

Does that bother me? No. I'm just hesistant to add someone who doesn't have photos of themselves up. That seems sketchy to me and screams self-esteem issues.

inb4 100000 more negs.
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

+rei+    34853
nah i dont neg for actually backing shit up

slickz    4320
[quote name='rei' timestamp='1332811546' post='3138688']
[/quote]

I respect you

Dank Memeston    1716
[quote name='Cornholio' timestamp='1332798049' post='3138490']
I dont care about having friends that play yugioh, Its when the randoms I dont even know try adding me just because we have 15+ mutual friends. For fucks sake, Kulman tried adding me last week yet ive never met the kid.

Also I agree with the "people who post about nothing but yugioh"

"Just topped my local, awesome!"
"Getting ready to playtest for the big regional tomorrow lol"
"I just pulled a Rabbit. Winning!"

Seriously go fuck yourselves
[/quote]
We do all this posting in our FB group for the local. I know someone who doesn't want people posting stuff like that on his FB cause he's still in Highschool and stuff. I haven't really experienced this except on Billy's fb, etc. but that's different right? lol

If I wanted to post that shit to everyone I'd make a new account specifically for it. It seems kind of pointless to annoy the friends and people you know who don't give a fuck about ygo but still are friends with you. I guess those people just don't understand that. lol

I talk and think about ygo all the time but at least I don't tell everyone as I know people are kinda leaning out against it. You guys prob see that on here... the forums are sooo slowww.... :(

Also fuck hipsters, why the hell do you spend like $80 just to look poor? Fuck it, while we're at it, why do people hashtag on Facebook? I thought that was a Twitter thing to trend dumb shit like #tacotuesdays or #mormonproblems. What the fuck is up with Filipinos these days? They act more black than most black people. Nobody gives a fuck that you bought a pair of $200 Jordans to match your $8 shorts. People spamming bible verses also annoy me, shit needs to stop, I don't need to know that John 11:35 was really inspirational every 15 minutes of my damn day. They might as well say "Oh Lord, Your Grace has entered the depths of which I have not known before"

I think that if a couple is fighting over Facebook something is wrong but I also think that posting "popcorn.gif" in the middle of it would be awesome. The other stupid thing is when people post themselves holding "Grey Goose" or "Bacardi 151" and you find out the guy is 28. Look bro, shit's cool when you're a college freshman and maybe sophomore but 28? Really?

I don't care that I'm going off topic, these issues need to be addressed. When they say Asian people can't drive, it's pretty fucking true. I've never seen anyone so desperate to turn left that they cross the line and go against traffic just to get into the damn shopping center.
  • Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1

Raylulz    1778
[img]http://i.imgur.com/BpSAx.png[/img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/I844B.png[/img]
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

+rei+    34853
the not now button is a thing
  • Upvote 3

IAmTheGreat    3772
I love how Facebook changed the "deny" button to a "not now" button. Wouldnt want to upset those people who take facebook way too seriously

+rei+    34853
The not now button is better in that it still tells the other person their request is pending so they dont respam you a new invite.

IAmTheGreat    3772
They have an option so that you can prevent that person from sending you future requests. Im pretty sure theyre trying to avoid people getting their feelings hurt by having it not show up as a denied friend request, and then hoping they forget about it by the time the other person gets to deleting the request.

All speculation obviously, but fb has become so "dont make people sad or angry" that its kind of pathetic.

+Malcolm    4648
[quote name='rei' timestamp='1332811546' post='3138688']
[/quote]

i do
  • Upvote 3