Pharaoh Atem

Translation HQ - Promos!

»Pharaoh Atem    15751
We'll need a hub for an ongoing hit of Promo Information, as well, now won't we?

Card Structure for the Spoiler is as follows:

[pic]
Card Code
Card Number
Card Name
Localized Card Name, w/ Team Notes if necessary
Type, Kind, Level/Rank/Icon
ATK
DEF
Materials
Text Box

»Pharaoh Atem    15751
Let's begin with Number 40.

[img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120416120038/yugioh/images/1/17/Number40GimmickPuppetHeavensStrings-OG01-JP-OP.jpg[/img]
[Not known yet]
OG01-JP001
Numbers Yonjuu Gimmick Puppet - Heavens Strings
Number 40: Gimmick Puppet - Heavens' Strings
Rank 8 DARK Machine-Type Xyz Effect Monster Card
3000 ATK
2000 DEF
Xyz Materials: 2 Level 8 monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Put 1 String Counter on each other face-up monster on the field.
During your opponent's next End Phase after you activate that effect: Destroy all monsters with String Counters, and inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each destroyed monster.

-Siulzen-    749
[IMG]http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx229/S_iulzen/Yu-Gi-Oh/YGO%20Card%20Images/VJMP-JP069-1.jpg[/IMG]

»Pharaoh Atem    15751
[quote name='Siulzen' timestamp='1334837433' post='3159209']
[img]http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx229/S_iulzen/Yu-Gi-Oh/YGO%20Card%20Images/VJMP-JP069-1.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

VJMP-JP069
Numbers Roku OOPArts' Atlantal
Number 6: OOPArts' Atlantal
(It's a pun - 6 is "roku" in Japanese, and "roku" is a rudimentary pronunciation of "rock")
Rank 6 LIGHT Machine-Type Xyz Effect Monster Card
2600 ATK
3000 DEF
Xyz Materials: 2 Level 6 monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned: you can target 1 "Number" monster your Graveyard; Equip that target to this card.
This card gains ATK equal to half the ATK of the monster equipped to it by that effect.
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then send the monster equipped to this card by that effect to the Graveyard; Halve your opponent's Life Points. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase during the turn you activate this effect.

-Siulzen-    749
[img]http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx229/S_iulzen/Yu-Gi-Oh/YGO Card Images/VJMP-JP070-71-1.jpg[/img]

Credit for the image goes to terrato from Neo Ark Cradle.

~Deadborder~    5156
@ No. 6: Might also be because it's a monster related to III.

He had what, Number 33 and Number 6, right?

Similar to how IV had Number 15 (I and V makes 4) and Number 40.
  • Upvote 2

~Deadborder~    5156
[quote name='Siulzen' timestamp='1334843072' post='3159255']
[img]http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx229/S_iulzen/Yu-Gi-Oh/YGO%20Card%20Images/VJMP-JP070-71-1.jpg[/img]

Credit for the image goes to terrato from Neo Ark Cradle.
[/quote]
[Not known yet]
VJMP-JP070
Thunder Seahorse
Level 4 LIGHT Thunder-Type Effect Monster Card
1600 ATK
1200 DEF
You can discard this card; add 2 Level 4 LIGHT Thunder-Type monsters with 1600 or less ATK with the same name from your Deck to your hand. The effect of “Thunder Seahorse” can only be activated once per turn, and during the turn you activate this effect, you cannot Special Summon.

[Not known yet]
VJMP-JP071
Mighty Warrior
Level 6 EARTH Warrior-Type Synchro Effect Monster Card
2200 ATK
2000 DEF
Synchro Materials: 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the destroyed monster's ATK.

~Deadborder~    5156
[quote name='Marcicus' timestamp='1334858271' post='3159418']
my wattcobra is pleased at this
[/quote]

I also enjoy this because it can be used as a euphemism for a penis

a penis that is brightly colored and has electric fangs

But actually this guy is really cool for Watts. I'm worried it still won't make them viable tho =/

Nothing to add really, so here's some minor nitpicks.

I don't think we need "on the field" for face-up anymore.

The proper capitalization for PSCT is always capitalized after : and lower case after ;, unless it's a proper noun.

Forlum    9161
Does Gimmick Strings have to remain face-up throughout entire effect to succeed? Are there text cues that answer this so I don't have to ask this question again?

~Deadborder~    5156
Edited Mighty Warrior durrrrrr I'm silly

As for Heaven's Strings, I'm not sure. I kinda get the feeling it has to stay alive, though. If it didn't, I don't think they would've put the effect on a Rank 8 3000 beater (something that supposedly won't die as easily).

-Siulzen-    749
[img]http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx229/S_iulzen/Yu-Gi-Oh/YGO%20Card%20Images/DE02-JP160.jpg[/img]

Again with the conveniently placed glare. >_>;

Image is courtesy of terrato from NAC.

~ness00~    1013
[quote name='Deadborder' timestamp='1334869501' post='3159630']
Edited Mighty Warrior durrrrrr I'm silly

As for Heaven's Strings, I'm not sure. I kinda get the feeling it has to stay alive, though. If it didn't, I don't think they would've put the effect on a Rank 8 3000 beater (something that supposedly won't die as easily).
[/quote]

We'll have to wait for that one, as it could be part of its Ignition Effect.

»Pharaoh Atem    15751
[quote name='Dark Evangel' timestamp='1334866745' post='3159592']
I don't think we need "on the field" for face-up anymore.
[/quote]

Face-up cards in the Deck (convulsion), Grave (all of them), and Banishment (all but Time Capsule) are still face-up.

Consider "destruction" - not everyone knows that you can't destroy stuff in the grave. So imagine someone thinking "I destroy that face-up card in your Grave." Ruling ramifications abound until we jam a game mechanic down kids' throats.

I find being overly specific isn't much of a problem on that front - all else failing, it saves me time on DN when I go judge things.

~Deadborder~    5156
[quote name='Siulzen' timestamp='1334874103' post='3159688']
[img]http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx229/S_iulzen/Yu-Gi-Oh/YGO%20Card%20Images/DE02-JP160.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

[not known yet]
DE02-JP160
Advanced Dark
Field Spell Card
All "Crystal Beast" monsters on the field and in either player's Graveyard are treated as DARK monsters. If a "Rainbow Dragon" or "Rainbow Dark Dragon" attacks a monster: The effects of that monster are negated during that Battle Phase. When you would take Battle Damage in a battle involving a "Crystal Beast" monster you control: You can send a "Crystal Beast" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard; reduce that Battle Damage to 0.

so I guess this helps Crystal Beasts somehow, dunno if it's any better/worse than Rainbow Ruins

also found one person who won't be happy about this card
[img]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lu2qo8bPPu1qzyel1.png[/img]
  • Upvote 4

»Pharaoh Atem    15751
[quote name='Siulzen' timestamp='1334874103' post='3159688']

[/quote]

[not known yet]
DE02-JP160
Advanced Dark
Field Spell Card
All "Crystal Beast" monsters on the field or in a Graveyard are DARK-Attribute.
The effects of monsters targeted for an attack from "Rainbow Dragon" or "Rainbow Dark Dragon" are negated during the Battle Phase only.
During damage calculation, if a "Crystal Beast" monster you control is battling: You can send 1 "Crystal Beast" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard; You take no battle damage from that battle.

»Pharaoh Atem    15751
Problems with your take, Deadborder:
1) You don't need to be taking battle damage to activate effects that make you take no damage.
2) The effect involving Rainbow and RDD is written like Rainbow Veil, and so we ought presume it does not start a Chain until we are told otherwise.
3) Dark Simorgh's setting a new precedent for writing the first effect, I'd think.

~Deadborder~    5156
Gotcha.

I think my main issue was that I basically went straight from the text without really comparing it to anything in particular.

[quote name='Pharaoh Atem' timestamp='1334894882' post='3160007']
Face-up cards in the Deck (convulsion), Grave (all of them), and Banishment (all but Time Capsule) are still face-up.

Consider "destruction" - not everyone knows that you can't destroy stuff in the grave. So imagine someone thinking "I destroy that face-up card in your Grave." Ruling ramifications abound until we jam a game mechanic down kids' throats.

I find being overly specific isn't much of a problem on that front - all else failing, it saves me time on DN when I go judge things.
[/quote]

But Konami has been very consistent in doing this for the TCG. Cards that refer to face-up cards on the field only say face-up without the on the field part.

It's like that "can only use once" versus the "cannot be used more than once" discussion that we had a while back.

»Pharaoh Atem    15751
Aye, but the prior discussion was one over two separate things that always, ALWAYS mean the same thing

whereas this is two separate things that DON'T.

Konami consistently doing this doesn't mean much to me when I get kids asking "can I destroy X" as if the card is actually clear on what it does.