Pharaoh Atem

Translation HQ - Meet the Team

»Pharaoh Atem    15751
I'm thinking that for our final two members, we ought enlist one person from the wikia, and another from XeroCreative.

Opinions?

Hello. Cheesedude from Wikia here.

We have at least one more translator at Wikia that seemed enthusiastic at being involved in this.

If you are looking for a Wikia admin instead, I can give several recommendations, none of which are me, since I have laughably poor knowledge about the actual card game (one of the resident anime/manga guys here).

Also, I sent you a PM regarding Wikia, Atem. The message status still says you haven't read it, but I"m not sure if that's a system glitch or if you missed it.

»Pharaoh Atem    15751
I'd be looking more for an admin, as an admin could do more to help along our goal of working very closely with the wikia.

If necessary, we could have Ash serve as our XeroCreative connection as well as be our Number XI, to make room for two wikia people.

Hello, people who know who I am.

Ok. If you like, I can ask some of the other admins if they would be interested. I feel Deltaneos would be the best pick, but he's very busy as of late. He didn't respond to the forum discussion (though in my experience, that means he agrees with it. He's never been one to say anything that isn't strictly necessary). As for other active admins, I would say either Falzar FZ or Blackwings0605 would be good picks too. Shall I go ahead and direct them here?

If they can't do it, I can help with coordination and the like. At the very least, whoever does join will be working with the other Wikia admins in some capacity anyway. Even if my knowledge of the actual game isn't that good, I do like to try to represent the Wikia outside of it. Making Wikia more respected in the greater YGO community has always been a goal of mine. Edited by Cheesedude

»Pharaoh Atem    15751
Cheese, tell me more about the translators who seemed enthusiastic.

Also, if Delt seems to be the best choice in your opinion, send him here and we'll talk it over with him directly.

The one I'm talking about is Bhigpx.

You can see some information about him on his [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/User:Bhigpx"]user page[/url].

His contributions can be found [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/Bhigpx"] here[/url], if you'd like to see what he's done with translations so far and check his accuracy.

I've had limited interaction with him personally, but he often adds translations to cards that do not have them and moves articles with wrong titles. In the forum discussion, he seemed pretty eager to help out.

Ok, I'll leave Delt a message now.

»Pharaoh Atem    15751
He legit does seem damn invested in the game and fandom. No lie, I like this in him. Could he handle my rough-and-tumble nature, though?

I wager the others like him quite a bit.

If the others find him of use, he'll be our Number XIII.

Well, I know neither of you well enough to answer whether he could handle your nature. But I can say that looking through his contributions myself, he has hasn't had any confrontations with other users that haven't been quickly solving via talking it out.

»Pharaoh Atem    15751
I also wonder why you didn't consider yourself one of the better options.

That's quite simple, actually. My knowledge of the actual game is quite poor. I did used to play the TCG, though the last time I did so was around the time E-Heroes first came out. I've played some Tag Force since then. That's really it.

So I'm very rusty on rulings and all those sorts of thing. I'm one of the resident anime/manga guys on the wiki. The most work I do with TCG stuff is archetype categorization. It's very likely you could name any post-Tag Force 2 card that isn't in archetype or did not appear in the anime and I would not have actually heard of it.

Would I be happy to be involved and represent the wiki? Yes. I don't think I'd be terrible at it and I can learn things I don't know. But I also believe there are simply better options than me in this case.

»Pharaoh Atem    15751
Your humility is noted and valued.

~NeoArkadia~    2794
Well, you seem to be one of the few Wiki folks who seems to actively pursue talking to translators and asking information elsewhere to get his facts in order, thus actively involving him with the fandom elsewhere, so that lends to sort of the reason you've been prodded at. There could be better Representative in terms of knowledge, but you're definitely sort of the "active PR" face of the Wiki.

And not much to worry, things like Timing tend to fly over my head at times, especially if shit gets complicated fast. @_@

I technically have never played the game in a store tournament. (Chiefly due to lack of you know. A store to go play at. At all. Ever.)

Apparently Deltaneos registered here, but can't post. He said this on his talk page:

"I'm getting permission errors whenever I try to view a thread. I don't even get those errors while logged out. I've followed the account validation instructions a few times. It says I've successfully validated the account each time, but I still get the errors."

»Pharaoh Atem    15751
I fixed his account and emailed him. No response as of yet.

Hi, I'm Dinoguy1000, another admin on the Wikia. I don't think I'd be much use as a member of the Organization (even less so than Cheesedude), but I'd be more than happy to help in any way possible in regards to the wiki (including helping people with editing).

»Pharaoh Atem    15751
We appreciate your coming to DG. When Abyss Rising's work is done for the group, we'll have to let you know.

-Darkplant-    13
Hi guise. I'm Darkplant (as you can quite obviously see), the 12th member here. Atem's already allowed me in.

I'm Japanese, though I lived in the U.S. in early youth. This isn't some lie for gaining popularity on the internet; it's the truth. rei confirmed it with my IP, and besides, I can go translating stuff with ease. I haven't been in a staff team of a major site before, but I can translate anything Japanese within seconds. Also, I know Japanese sites where I can sort cards by name, so translating card names and archetype names and such for DN etc. is easily possible too.

I hope I can do good for the community here.
  • Upvote 2

»Pharaoh Atem    15751
We have our Savage Nymph!

Now to find our last member. If only I could get in touch with the wiki.

[quote name='Pharaoh Atem' timestamp='1342674712' post='3235381']
We have our Savage Nymph!

Now to find our last member. If only I could get in touch with the wiki.
[/quote]
Any user in particular that you have in mind, or just "the wiki" as some general, nebulous concept? =D

»Pharaoh Atem    15751
I did what I could to get in direct contact with Delt, but nothing's come of it.