Turkey

Things That Piss You Off about Yu-Gi-Oh / Yu-Gi-Oh players

1101 posts in this topic

[quote name='Solar Wolf' timestamp='1338560410' post='3196505']
btw where can I get a kidrobot backpack? they do look pretty sick tbh.
[/quote]
they don't really look very nice. besides, why does your bag thats purpose is to contain your yugioh cards need to look cool?

[quote name='orangeeyes' timestamp='1338572699' post='3196611']
$200 for a fucking mat isn't worth it unless it gives you blowjobs and makes you cheesecake while you're playing.
[/quote]

Some can dream it does lol.

Btw, LeBron in your avatar looks like the old man from the movie UP. lol

[quote name='beetle' timestamp='1338574981' post='3196642']
[quote name='Storm Wolf' timestamp='1338574576' post='3196637']
People pay too much to "fit in".
[/quote]
[s]Yuuuuugiiiiooohhh!!!![/s]

Life

[/quote]

[quote name='ZeroSaber' timestamp='1338576630' post='3196667']
[quote name='BigDongStudios' timestamp='1338572839' post='3196614']
Everything you say seems like some giant exaggeration. I want to see the invoice for your 127$ calculator case sale, and I'd love for you to actually bring up someone who went without food to buy a SG mat.
[/quote]

^^^
Is this the one Mister???

And the going w/out food for a SG, it was an example. But I've met a playah who arrived to the shop with a SG, said it cost him $180, and a few weeks later, was asking people to borrow money for a weekly Train-pass...

No joke.
[/quote]
I underestimated how valuable a calculator case could be. Must be nice.

hit and run players annoy me so much

I only hit and run when players insult me or act like douches

But seriously people, play full matches or don't play at all

Although this is really small and unimportant, it still amazes me that people do this:

People that still pronounce Xyz (ik-seez or "exceed") as X-Y-Z.

The other day I'm trading with this guy and he asks me what I'm looking for, I generally say that I'm looking for Xyz monsters (because the specific stuff I REALLY want, people either don't have and/or value them too high). He asks me what is an Xyz. I show him an example from my book and he goes, "OH! X-Y-Z monsters!". In my head I just face-palm, I do this even more when I see people play or while I'm playing someone when they say "X-Y-Z summon".

It's been a couple of months now, I figure people would know how to pronounce Xyz by now.

^who cares...

Shows how many people have watched Zexal.

[quote name='Urthor' timestamp='1338659493' post='3197354']
Shows how many people have watched Zexal.
[/quote]

Or took a quick look at the current rule book found in the newest structures/starers.

The "but I still won" mentallity. My friends and I put a lot of thought into this and get absolutely furious over it every time.

[quote name='Nate the Awesome' timestamp='1338658688' post='3197347']
Although this is really small and unimportant, it still amazes me that people do this:

People that still pronounce Xyz (ik-seez or "exceed") as X-Y-Z.

The other day I'm trading with this guy and he asks me what I'm looking for, I generally say that I'm looking for Xyz monsters (because the specific stuff I REALLY want, people either don't have and/or value them too high). He asks me what is an Xyz. I show him an example from my book and he goes, "OH! X-Y-Z monsters!". In my head I just face-palm, I do this even more when I see people play or while I'm playing someone when they say "X-Y-Z summon".

It's been a couple of months now, I figure people would know how to pronounce Xyz by now.
[/quote]

Ex-Why-Zee

when people pronounce hieratic like "heretic". ughh it's "higher attic"
mispronunciation of card names in general are a pet peeve of mine

most yugioh judges.

they're petty people who don't have much skills and can't play for shit. then they get in a position of power by being a judge and misuses that power. also they're huge brown nosers.

<--coming from a yugioh judge right here.

Watching your opp. shuffle in a way that all the cards in the deck clash instead of sliding in, while they continue to force the cards in as they shuffle. Their sleeves also sound as if they'll rip apart b/c of that shuffling.

Then you have to let them do the same thing with your deck... =-|

I just realized I got negged from making that idiotic post in this forum. :(

I apologize for that mindless contribution. the pos/neg system is a great method for telling me whether I'm being productive for this site, and the fact that I got negged hard for that tells me I've annoyed and wasted others' space/time. This definitely teaches me to think before adding anything in here, instead of writing nonsense and irrelevant points. I'll be more cautious and more considerate on future comments.

Next time should be ok :)
Thanks.

People who shuffle/cut your deck with dirty or really sweaty hands.

People who, when declaring an attack on your monster, tap it really hard with their finger. I've actually had a couple of cards damaged because of this.

[quote name='swap frog' timestamp='1338629123' post='3197195']
hit and run players annoy me so much

I only hit and run when players insult me or act like douches

But seriously people, play full matches or don't play at all
[/quote]

I only did this once because I needed revenge. During our game he 1st turn pot grace duo sinister 2 mof'd me so I'm already even more pissed off. I come back and win that game, scoop my shit up and walked away.

Anyone remember LS format when you'd just sit down and play someone only for them to go double charge, solar recharge, etc and end the 1st turn with 2 lumina garoth, beckoning set and 6 cards in hand? Who wants to play a full match against that shit?

Actually you know what pisses me off? People that want to play for "fun", but play the gayest decks of each format like:

scientist otk
ben kai
dark world
ddt
LS
empty jar
explosion
exodia
burn
etc.

Fuck anyone who's ever done that.

Hey, at least DDT required one to actually know what they;re doing! :) (know percentages/contents remaining, etc). You give that deck to someone with "mad skills" using '10 LS, and they'll play every card that's "immediately" playable :D .

On a similar note, one thing that annoys me is when you'd run something like zombies back in LS format, and your opp. would charge, double recharge, lumina, necro, garoth, celestia-in-hand and beat you (obv.). Then Game 2, you side about 9-12 cards for that matchup, but still get "outplayed" and lose within minutes. You'd shake the guy's hand, but he's already trash-talking about how "pro" he is for 2-0ing you in less than 10min.

Fun times. :rolleyes:

$200 for a fucking mat isn't worth it unless it gives you blowjobs and makes you cheesecake while you're playing.
[/quote]I think a few spellground mats do this so smd

[quote name='dennis frogman' timestamp='1338850496' post='3199125']
[/quote]I think a few spellground mats do this so smd
[/quote]

you know he's probably not a spellground, right?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Graphic-calculator-case-designed-for-TI-graphing-calculators-/150829350009?pt=Calculators&hash=item231e213c79

[quote name='Millennium' timestamp='1339187661' post='3202737']
[url="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Graphic-calculator-case-designed-for-TI-graphing-calculators-/150829350009?pt=Calculators&hash=item231e213c79"]http://www.ebay.com/...=item231e213c79[/url]
[/quote]
People just can't win without them.

[quote name='Nate the Awesome' timestamp='1338658688' post='3197347']The other day I'm trading with this guy and he asks me what I'm looking for, I generally say that I'm looking for Xyz monsters.
[/quote]

[img]http://images.wikia.com/yugioh/images/b/b1/XYZDragonCannonDPKB-EN-SR-1E.png[/img]

[quote name='arroganceclause' timestamp='1338674286' post='3197511']
when people pronounce hieratic like "heretic". ughh it's "higher attic"
mispronunciation of card names in general are a pet peeve of mine
[/quote]
This too but I like to type it as "High"-"Ratic" like "High"-"Row"-"Glyph". The problem is that EVERYONE says this so I cannot let it get to me.

When people don't read the cards you're playing and then "w8! wat r u doin? y u do dat?"