dexer008    805
What happens when two 0 monsters atk each other? IS it like any other battle where they suicide or will both live due to 0 atk?

0 attack means they inflict zero damage. Considering monsters like Reaper and Don Zaloog do not get their effects when they do zero damage, I would say that zero attack causes zero battle damage and cannot kill another monster even if it has the same attack.

I am not 100% sure of this but that's what I'd argue.

SleepWvlker    43
The poster above me is correct. According to the YGO Rulebook, "0 ATK Monsters: Monsters with 0 ATK cannot destroy anything by battle. If two Attack Position monsters with 0 ATK battle each other, neither monster is destroyed."
  • Upvote 2

Final_Vent    2864
[img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120430010603/yugioh/images/thumb/8/80/MiniGuts-GAOV-EN-C-1E.jpg/300px-MiniGuts-GAOV-EN-C-1E.jpg[/img]

this card would be pretty neat in heiratics if you could do that. Too bad you can't :(
  • Thanks 1

»Pharaoh Atem    15769
During Damage Calculation, only attacked Defense Position monsters calculate damage with their DEF. All Attack Position monsters, and all attacking Defense Position monsters, calculate damage with their ATK.

During Damage Calculation, "battle" happens - the battling monsters inflict battle damage to each other, and to players if the monsters themselves can't handle all of the battle damage headed their way.

Monsters that calculate damage with their ATK are destroyed by battle when they take battle damage from an Attack Position monster that is equal to or greater than their ATK.
Monsters that calculate damage with their DEF are destroyed by battle when they take battle damage from an attacking monster that is greater than their DEF.

Attack Position monsters that take Battle Damage from an attacking monster that is greater than their ATK pass the difference to their controller.
Defense Position monsters that take PIERCING Battle Damage from an attacking monster that is greater than their DEF pass the difference to their controller.

If a monster has 0 in a stat it's using to calculate damage = no battle damage is inflicted = no destruction to other monsters can happen and no damage to the other monster's controller can happen.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

C2123    0

My opponent claims that monsters with 0 attack do not take battle damage when they are attacked, and has sparked a long argument over it. I have 2 monsters on my field: Performapal Whip Snake (Reptile/Effect) (1700,900) (Once per turn, during either player's Main Phase: You can target 1 face up monster on the field; switch it's current ATK and DEF until the end of this turn), and Zubaba Knight (Warrior/Effect) (1600,900) (It's ability is unimportant for this senario). He has one monster: Phantom Gryphon (Winged Beast) (2000,0). I used Performapal Whip Snake's ability on his Phantom Gryphon, now (0,2000). I then attack with my Performapal Whip Snake to destroy his monster, and he says that he takes no damage because his monster has 0 attack. Our aurgumet led us to here, because there is nothing on this subject. Please tell me which of us is right.

Carbon    1876

If something with 0 attack is destroyed by battle while in attack position he takes all of the difference in attack points as damage.