Sign in to follow this  
ACP

End of Season Procedures

»ACP    33417
The format of the DuelistGroundz Seasonal Playoff is going to be altered slightly from the last season. The top6 and top4 matches will be played using 7 heart points with double elimination. This is a format that has caught on considerably this season and is a good way to get wars done quickly while still being a good representation of the respective teams. However, the top2 match will be played as a 5 vs. 5 crossfire. In the future, we may try other formats for the DSP so we can figure out what people like best.

Towards the end of the season, the War Council gets much stricter in regards to the 7-day rule to prevent stalling into the next season. In a day or two, I will go around and end the inactive wars. If you want to avoid this, I suggest you play some matches!

We plan to do video coverage of the DSP just like last time. If you think you can help record matches or would like to do commentary, PM me.

Here are some common ruling questions that have come up in warring lately. The answers to these questions reflect what has been consistently ruled at recent YCS's:
- You can activate the effect of Inzektor Hopper on the first turn of the game to trigger the effects of Inzektor Dragonfly or Inzektor Centipede.
- If Xyz Materials would be sent to the graveyard while Macro Cosmos is face-up, they are banished instead.
- If Darkflare Dragon sends Eclipse Wyvern to the graveyard as its cost and banishes that same Wyvern as its effect, Eclipse Wyvern will banish a dragon from your deck, but you will not get to add it to your hand. If Eclipse Wyvern's effect is activated and there are no eligible dragons in the deck, the opponent gets to confirm that this is the case.

There are some very close races for the top6 slots this season. Good luck everyone!

»ACP    33417
I also forgot to mention that teams are not allowed to make roster changes on 5/31 (so we don't mess up the final ratings). If you'd like to change your roster before the DSP, that's fine; just don't do it last second.

»ACP    33417
Two more important bits of info:
- If you Effect Veiler/Skill Drain a Number 17: Leviathan Dragon [i]after[/i] its effect has already resolved, it will return to 2000 atk.
- Gem Knight Pearl is not legal until May 28th, 12:01 AM EST.

Sign in to follow this