Pharaoh Atem

Translation HQ - Abyss Rising

Goddamn you Madoushoshi Bateru. Your localization has OPTIONS.
Either way I'm thinking Spellbook Magician of Prophecy. Takes into account that he's both a "Spellbook" card and an "of Prophecy" card, takes in that his Tarot card is The Magician, and doesn't sound like dookie. There's always the option that they could ignore the fact that he's a Madou card, like with every other Spellbook card, but that seems unlikely to me.

I'm dreading the day a card that tutors a Madou card exists. There's 18 cards with the right Kanji and Furigana that aren't "of Prophecy" monsters in the TCG.

[spoiler]Ancient Sorcerer
Armor Exe
Breaker the Magical Warrior
Dark Paladin
Defender the Magical Knight
Ebon Magician Curran
Endymion, the Master Magician
Giltia the D. Knight
The Illusory Gentleman
Mage Power
Magical Merchant
Mega Ton Magical Cannon
Skilled White Magician
Supreme Arcanite Magician
The Fiend Megacyber
Type Zero Magic Crusher
Water Magician
White Magician Pikeru[/spoiler]

~NeoArkadia~    2794
We have a tutor. It's the Hanged Man dude (Le Pende). He tutors Level 3s only though. :u (Probably intentional so they can dodge the above cards)

Probably. Out of those 18 monsters, 1 of them is Level 1, 2 of them are Level 2, 7 of them are Level 4, 1 of them is Level 6, 1 of them is Level 7, 2 are Spells, 1 is a Trap, and 3 are Fusion monsters. Gah, why'd they have to pick Madou kanji -_-

»Pharaoh Atem    15751
[img]http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/4451/exiledforcepart3.jpg[/img]
<notknownyet>
ABYR-JP038
Haguremono Youhei Butai
Lost Force
Level 4 DARK Warrior-Type Effect Monster Card
1500 ATK
1000 DEF
If you control no other monsters: You can Tribute this card to target 1 monster your opponent controls; take control of that target until the End Phase.
You cannot Special Summon or conduct Battle Phases the turn you activate that effect.

Nomad highwaymen "gone astray"

»Pharaoh Atem    15751
Oh hey

The person in Nomadic Force who was equipped with Pestilence ISN'T IN THE ART FOR LOST FORCE

He must've DIED

Considering that Cursed Bill is now restraining one of them, Draining Shield has left the leader tired, Axe of Fools is... well, for fools... and Cursed Armaments is weakening the guy who found it too...

yeah these guys are not in for a good day

+Urthor    10162
If only they put as much effort as they put into the card art into playtesting and card design.
  • Upvote 1

Chris Buraseru    10479
[quote name='Urthor' timestamp='1341296214' post='3223205']
If only they put as much effort as they put into the card art into playtesting and card design.
[/quote]
ITT: Things that do not and will not ever happen.

~ness00~    1013
[quote name='Pharaoh Atem' timestamp='1341293964' post='3223184']
Oh hey

The person in Nomadic Force who was equipped with Pestilence ISN'T IN THE ART FOR LOST FORCE

He must've DIED

Considering that Cursed Bill is now restraining one of them, Draining Shield has left the leader tired, Axe of Fools is... well, for fools... and Cursed Armaments is weakening the guy who found it too...

yeah these guys are not in for a good day
[/quote]

This is pretty funny.

So are we getting ABYR Cards one by one now?

~NeoArkadia~    2794
This is from Saikyo Jump and was the only new card, so. I guess?

Also, we'll be seeing leaks for ABYR starting the 14th. Japan's apparently doing their first ever Sneak Preview.

~ness00~    1013
[quote name='NeoArkadia' timestamp='1341301915' post='3223251']This is from Saikyo Jump and was the only new card, so. I guess? Also, we'll be seeing leaks for ABYR starting the 14th. Japan's apparently doing their first ever Sneak Preview.[/quote]

Oh, right, I heard that.

I'd wager on the 12th. They'll get it by the 13th at most, and it's almost a day earlier due to time zones, and asdf.

~NeoArkadia~    2794
I doubt it if it's in Japan only. Konami is freaking fascist with regards to Street Dates in Japan. Barely anyone ever breaks it, of what I've seen over the years.

~ness00~    1013
[quote name='NeoArkadia' timestamp='1341352972' post='3223709']
I doubt it if it's in Japan only. Konami is freaking fascist with regards to Street Dates in Japan. Barely anyone ever breaks it, of what I've seen over the years.
[/quote]

But kits need to be delivered =/

Or rather, I haven't found actual intel on this event, so I'm not sure if Konami is holding it, or if it's kinda like the Western Sneak Previews where they have to ship the kits to the stores, and there's always a jerk that opens it early.

I don't have any rush to get the news, though. Set has been mostly unappealing to me.
[quote]freaking fascist[/quote]

Lol, I though you said "freaking fantastic".

»Pharaoh Atem    15751
Get ready.

We have some Forbidden Garments to translate.

»Pharaoh Atem    15751
ムーラングレイス

I smell a potential reference.

»Pharaoh Atem    15751
I didn't figure Glace to be pronounced that way

»Pharaoh Atem    15751
Damn you Japan and your improper craziness of pronunciations

The kana look like "glace" as if I said it in English, rather than what I'd expect from French. "Glace" there sounds like us saying "Glass"

~NeoArkadia~    2794
Perhaps Moulin Glace the Frost Elemental? Or whatever we went with the EARTH guy.

We have a Marmamaid with Marmalade and Maid.
Messengelato from Messenger and Gelato.
A Queen named after Tiramisu called Tiaramisu.

Also we have Happy Festa... It can be taken as Festival/Fair since that's how the Japanese use it for everything (such as Jump Festa), but it's Italian for Festival/Feast/Fair.

Ugh. I'll wait for Dec or Atem to start going through cards before I make more specific commentary, 'cuz I have a skull splitting headache.

~ness00~    1013
Whatever "Gureisu" is, it's not French for ice. Much like you guys said, it seems they reverse-engineered the English pronunciation of "glace" and slapped it in the name.

That, or its name is Mouringrace.

[quote]Also we have Happy Festa... It can be taken as Festival/Fair since that's how the Japanese use it for everything (such as Jump Festa), but it's Italian for Festival/Feast/Fair.[/quote]

Festa = Party.

Or Parthy because magical "h"s.

~Ryusui~    17
I like the puppy. >_> (And I'll take "Cruffsant" over...whatever the Wiki's using now. I thought we were supposed to keep this stuff in [i]check.[/i] T_T;)

So help me, I'm going to build a Madolche deck one of these days. And when it rolls over some unsuspecting Inzektor or Wind-Up deck, I'm gonna say one thing:

[quote][i][b]This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.[/b][/i][/quote]

Rise, candy kingdom! Rise and take your place in a world of strife! [i][b]CARVE OUT AN EMPIRE IN BLOOD AND JAM![/b][/i]