sb24stk

INZEKTORS WIN THE BEST YCS OF ALL TIME

sisicat    174
For my first YCS I would say I had a lot of fun even though I got knocked out in round 9 if there was another nearby YCS with a reasonable cost to attend I'd love to go again
  • Upvote 1

itswhatever    3286
I'll probably write up a report, lost to Simon He round 3, water round 6 and drew ass and got raped by Lightsworn round 8.

Kyary    2424
http://www.konami.com/yugioh/articles/?p=4465

Leave it to Konami to think "Hey, maybe if we allow them to cheat, we can make an article on how to [i]not [/i]let them cheat later! Genius!"

Donnie    2189
Wow, must suck to have your misplays put up for everyone to see, they should really make those anonymous.
  • Upvote 1

LFN    3239
lost r2 to a mirror where the guy tried to negate Rat for Rabbit with Tking, and G3 Magi Shark'ed me, but rather than playing it out the usual way, went Magi drop Shark special Magi special Shark, overlay 2 magi and shark for Shock Master leaving Shark in atk, set 2 backrow pass. My hand was Rabbit Rabbit Rat Warning Warning
lost r4 to a bad chaos dragon build that still mains 3 Wyverns. G1 he had Honest for game, G3 he drew infinite backrow removal and milled amazing
on life support and lost R7 in time to the only decent player I faced, he read my Solemn perfectly and forced me to use it, otherwise he would have resolved the summon of his Gagaga Cowboy for 800 burn for game

not happy but w/e

┬╗PJ    4183
[quote name='benthegreat' timestamp='1353351008' post='3329003']
The coverage was so much better this time.
[/quote]
Just out of curiosity, could you explain what in particular you liked about the coverage? (I've just glanced over it quickly as I wasn't following this event actively over the weekend)

If there's something in particular that caught your attention it may be worth looking for similar things to feature at YCS Barcelona ;)

Mza2M    3
[quote name='PJ' timestamp='1353413832' post='3329555']

If there's something in particular that caught your attention it may be worth looking for similar things to feature at YCS Barcelona ;)
[/quote]

Well known players getting feature matches and more insight on players actions. Also I really like the statistics you give after every european YCS so keep them coming too :)

[quote name='Donnie' timestamp='1353372257' post='3329234']
Wow, must suck to have your misplays put up for everyone to see, they should really make those anonymous.
[/quote]

I'd be pissed, almost seemed like someone had an axe to grind or something

ATJdragon    967
[quote name='PJ' timestamp='1353413832' post='3329555']
[quote name='benthegreat' timestamp='1353351008' post='3329003']
The coverage was so much better this time.
[/quote]
Just out of curiosity, could you explain what in particular you liked about the coverage? (I've just glanced over it quickly as I wasn't following this event actively over the weekend)

[/quote]

its cause i got a feature and i always have epic (sometimes epic bad for me) features

Sess    280
Went to this with a group of people from the B.C. area and it was a pretty fun weekend.

Started off 2-0 but then lost 3 straight and dropped from the main event with chaos dragons so I just watched and traded and stuff. What is cool though is 3 people from our locals topped and a few more were really close to topping(one was x-2 and came 35th). Ended up losing to agents, wind-ups(I think his name was gabriel, he went on to top and definitely outplayed me), and gravekeeper's (damn you royal tribute).

Almost won one of the regional side events with inzektors I threw together cause I was feeling crummy about dragons after day 1 though I lost in the finals of the side event. I misplayed a few times which cost me more than one match. I'm glad I put together the deck again after I found out they won the YCS.

I did sack one agent player who had hyperion, venus and gachi on the field while I was at 400 life points so I top deck dark armed with exactly 3 darks in grave for game.

I saw a LOT of mermail decks being used. I think pretty much all of the big name players I could think of were running the deck.