Countertop Miracles

Legacy Format Discussion

wocram    1
Land tax's unbanning seems like a wholeee bunch of hype, although if a land tax deck can deal with a Sneak and Show deck, then it should be able to attrition out a whole slew of other things.. although every land tax deck I've seen seems to revolve around resolving it turn one. Anyone more familiar with land tax have anything to say about it? It's kind of shitty that they changed it to be a part of GPAtlanta.. but whatever.

»Turkey    1547
[quote name='Azn_Boy' timestamp='1340409293' post='3215722']
rug delver rug delver rug delver rug delver
[/quote]
rug isn't well positioned in a field of griselbrands. tarmogoyf, mongoose, and lightning bolt just aren't good enough

merfolk on the other hand, is a real deck again as long as griselbrand dominates.

#griselbanned

Azn_Boy    385
[quote name='Turkey' timestamp='1340411199' post='3215747']
[quote name='Azn_Boy' timestamp='1340409293' post='3215722']
rug delver rug delver rug delver rug delver
[/quote]
rug isn't well positioned in a field of griselbrands. tarmogoyf, mongoose, and lightning bolt just aren't good enough

merfolk on the other hand, is a real deck again as long as griselbrand dominates.

#griselbanned
[/quote]
Gonna be a $20 card before September

Myth    95
More like SnT, RUG Delver, Stoneblade, Maverick, Random XControl deck, random X storm deck but yeah

Legacy is fucking awesome.

Too bad the price of entry is ridiculous if you want to play anything that isn't mono red burn or a shitty elf ball deck.

Best format in any TCG

Highest price to play. More so than Yugioh

Fuck off WotC for still having the reserve list
  • Upvote 1

»Turkey    1547
Before AVR, I would agree with you 100%.

I think Legacy is horrible right now... I've been playing a lot of Legacy lately and I've concluded that Griselbrand is just too damn degenerate. It shifted the format to the point where the fair decks can't beat the unfair decks.

#griselbanned

[quote name='Turkey' timestamp='1340459052' post='3215956']

I think Legacy is horrible right now... I've been playing a lot of Legacy lately and I've concluded that Griselbrand is just too damn degenerate. It shifted the format to the point where the fair decks can't beat the unfair decks.

#griselbanned
[/quote]

A lot of fair decks have been winning Opens though. Goblins, Lands, and Stoneblade took down the last 3. Griselbrand seems to have become less of an issue once people realized that you can put Gilded Drake into play when they cast Show and Tell.

wocram    1
[quote name='Mercy' timestamp='1340597464' post='3217004']
[quote name='Turkey' timestamp='1340459052' post='3215956']

#griselbanned
[/quote]

A lot of fair decks have been winning Opens though. Goblins, Lands, and Stoneblade took down the last 3. Griselbrand seems to have become less of an issue once people realized that you can put Gilded Drake into play when they cast Show and Tell.
[/quote]

I think this is what makes reanimator the better deck for the moment, although it has a hard time with games 2/3 depending on how much graveyard hate is sided.

Myth    95
Grizz is pretty degenerate. They should have realized that the moment they printed it that it would a) be banned in Commander (Which it is now) and B) Warp Legacy even a little.

SnT is a pretty stupid fucking card as it is. If they banned it that wouldn't stop Reanimator from throwing Grizz in play with ease but I still don't know if it's enough to ban Grizz. Legacy's format can and already is adapting.

That new 7UUUU enchantment that's in the m13 spoilter, however, is really, really, really fucking dumb with SnT.

wocram    1
[quote name='Myth' timestamp='1340656758' post='3217487']
Grizz is pretty degenerate. They should have realized that the moment they printed it that it would a) be banned in Commander (Which it is now) and B) Warp Legacy even a little.

SnT is a pretty stupid fucking card as it is. If they banned it that wouldn't stop Reanimator from throwing Grizz in play with ease but I still don't know if it's enough to ban Grizz. Legacy's format can and already is adapting.

That new 7UUUU enchantment that's in the m13 spoilter, however, is really, really, really fucking dumb with SnT.
[/quote]

Omniscience strikes me as a strictly worse dream halls, at is absolutely uncastable by itself. And that deck is already running progenitus as SnT tragets 5-8 along with dream halls combo pieces, so I'm not sure omniscience contributes anything.

Myth    95
Casting anything that isn't land for free would be crazy with SnT tho. It would be a different deck for sure.

argh    306
[quote name='Captain Sure.' timestamp='1342406699' post='3232586']
Yes, Yes.

Good Job Hoey!!
[/quote]
His top 4 and finals opponents were actually brain dead.

But none the less, good job!

»Hoey    312
[quote name='argh' timestamp='1342416082' post='3232724']
Yes, Yes.

Good Job Hoey!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Honestly, brain dead is giving them some credit......
  • Upvote 1

argh    306
[quote name='Hoey' timestamp='1342458801' post='3233013']
[quote name='argh' timestamp='1342416082' post='3232724']
Yes, Yes.

Good Job Hoey!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Honestly, brain dead is giving them some credit......
[/quote]

Yeah lol, anyway esper stoneblade is easily my favorite deck in legacy atm. I'm glad you won with it.
  • Upvote 2