Haruki

official goat format thread

3909 posts in this topic

In that deck I mained Creature Swap, sided Dustshoots, Dekoichis. I still had a positive winrate vs Chaos but I felt it depended on what they drew and less on my plays far more often than vs Goats. Im finding space for Kycoo at the moment.

Can you describe exactly how you are siding? Maybe post your exact deck tbh. Chaos is easily exploitable if you adjust your deck accordingly. Of course, they will still blow you out if they god-hand you, but that's the nature of the deck. If you side properly and play smart, you should be able to win every single game you don't get thoroughly outdrawn. Your win rate should be overwhelmingly positive.

How I side depends a little on what cards I notice them using, but it was almost always something like

OUT

1 Airknight Parshath

1 Asura Priest

1 D.D. Assailant

1 Magical Merchant

IN

1 Jinzo

1 Kycoo

2 Dekoichi

And if I lost game one I would also take out both Tornados for Dustshoots. I won 5 out of the 7 Chaos matches so idk, maybe difficult is the wrong word. I feel like I have less control of the game than normal because the deck is capable of making these explosive plays like Card D with 2 Thunder Dragons in hand, and then 2 Chaos Monsters in one turn. But as you say I guess thats just how the deck is sometimes.

My biggest issue with this deck is that the light count often suffers after siding, (I usually lose 2 or 3 lights). Im still trying to remedy this.

Deck.png

just play ddwl over dd asss

like, the 200 atk difference is marginal, plus you can chose when you remove so you deal with sangan and sinister better

22 minutes ago, Goins said:

How I side depends a little on what cards I notice them using, but it was almost always something like

OUT

1 Airknight Parshath

1 Asura Priest

1 D.D. Assailant

1 Magical Merchant

IN

1 Jinzo

1 Kycoo

2 Dekoichi

And if I lost game one I would also take out both Tornados for Dustshoots. I won 5 out of the 7 Chaos matches so idk, maybe difficult is the wrong word. I feel like I have less control of the game than normal because the deck is capable of making these explosive plays like Card D with 2 Thunder Dragons in hand, and then 2 Chaos Monsters in one turn. But as you say I guess thats just how the deck is sometimes.

My biggest issue with this deck is that the light count often suffers after siding, (I usually lose 2 or 3 lights). Im still trying to remedy this.

Deck.png

I think you're siding entirely wrong (sorry to be so blunt). Never take out Airknight or Merchant against Chaos decks. Only take Airknight(s) out against Beastdown/Aggro. Never take out Merchant(s) against any deck. Jinzo doesn't help in the matchup at all. Try this instead:

If you see Thunder Dragon:

out: Saku + BTH

in: 2 Trap Dustshoot

If you see Chaos Sorcerers:

out: Asura + DDA

in: 2 Dekoichi

If you see no Goat and no Meta:

out: Book(s)

in: Creature Swap(s)

Adjust your 55 to include 2 copies each of Book and Creature Swap. I don't see a reason not to have them. You need Swaps for Chaos, and you need Books for Goat mirrors imo. You can cut Exiled and Neko Mane for starters, as they look like filler. I would probably cut DDA from your 55 as well, and if you don't want to main Dekoichi(s), main a Kycoo. I also don't see a point to BTH in your 55 in any meta, but that's just me. Also consider adding a 3rd Goat to your side so you can use Creature Swap more readily--it's definitely more useful than CotH when you bring in 2 Swaps.

− To be fair if I know theyre not playing Solemn then I dont side in Jinzo

− Ive already cut DDA and begun to main Kycoo

− Bottomless has been good in the main, particularly vs Sorc, Breaker and light beaters which my opponent relies on being in grave. 2nd copy in the side may not be so necessary

− Exiled Force gets sided in when Tribe is meh (decks with lots of facedowns etc)

− No matter how rare the matchup is, I will lose if I cant side for Empty Jar. I wish I didnt have to use a space for Neko Mane King but it is needed imo

Ill test everything else you mentioned, Im going to play another 50 with my updated deck

EDIT: You would rather side out BTH and Saku for Dustshoots than the DTs? Why?

Edited by Goins

Why would you out Saku, BTH and Assailant against Chaos / Chaos Sorcerer? (Assuming every chaos deck plays chaos sorcerer). I can see Saku maybe but is your game-plan to run them out of light/darks to make their sorcerers dead? Because that seems hard to accomplish consistently tbh.

Personally my game plan is to never let them plus off Sorcerer and to Tsuku lock them.

Dust helps you clear backrow and works on all of their backrow. You don't even have to EP dust if they don't run Goat.

Trap based monster removal literally only does anything against Chaos Sorcerer, and it is not providing you any advantage.

Also I never want them to recycle Graceful. Dust helps you resolve meta to prevent that as well. Dust is getting just as much value against Chaos as it is against Goat, so why take it out?