Haruki

The Official Goat Format Thread (April 2005 Forbidden and Limited Lists) [Sets Until TLM]

4072 posts in this topic

On 5/27/2017 at 1:19 AM, MZAAZM said:

Anyone going to gencon this year? would love to play some goats between events. 

??

Also what program are you all using to play online? Thank you

On 6/12/2017 at 7:15 PM, banefulscolumn said:

I beat Kris Perovic in a match.  My ego is slightly elevated but I'm gonna try not to get a big head.

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 7.12.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 7.12.31 PM.png

Ah, the good ol' catch-22 of playing Goats. (I noticed you didn't post when I beat you before nor did you post the graveyards here.)

You're the reason I have to ignore people who beg me to play them.

the other day someone literally messaged me on discord for the sole purpose of asking me how good I thought Kris was at edison format

The new meta is to convince Kris to play you in a format he probably hasn't played, then play until you beat him in that, THEN you come to this thread (about Goat Format) and post screens

Only then can a duelist know true glory. Step ya game up banefulsguy

Kris I'm really good at newgioh and you're bad at it 

I'm sorry for that rude post.  I was celebrating my dumb luck and I should've made that clear.

Of course I don't think that I'm better than Kris just because I won twice (and he won more times than that).  I had a rogue-ish Goat build and he probably bricked.   In 50 games, he would beat me in at least 35.

I learned a lot about Goats from his posts and appreciate what hes contributed for the success of this revived format.

On 13-6-2017 at 2:27 PM, Brandis72 said:

Why is everyone posting JUST to rag on this guy... come on!

Sure, you may not have a high opinion of him, but he's caused you no harm and his worst deeds were small-time foolishness and unskillful social interaction.

If he's not out to get you, why should you be out to get him?

If his attitude offends you THIS much, then you should probably PM him to explain what he did wrong in a constructive (*cough* not insulting him *cough*) way, and, with a little bit of luck, he'll understand and change.

At this point I'm honestly surprised the situation hasn't exploded; thankfully, the guy you're dealing with is pretty harmless, but this being proved shows that he presumably won't leave, regardless of what the community thinks, unless he's outright banned (something he ABSOLUTELY does not deserve).

Rather than having to deal with someone you love to hate, why not at least try to get him to change?

And if no one does it, I guess I will. 

rofl

I'm better than kris 

7 hours ago, banefulscolumn said:

In 50 games, he would beat me in at least 35.

Try 45

On 4/16/2017 at 5:59 PM, ACP said:

Uh... that doesn't sound like Perovic's stock list. This is Perovic's stock list:

Goat Control

in an exarionless goats, I was thinking to to replace the exarions with dekos in this build. I am iffy on if saku is still as needed in the main as it was with exarians everywhere.

Also in the side I like 2 swaps and 2 mslv2. Have not played goats in since i think 2015 though so advice and help welcome. thank you

Posted (edited)

Replacing Exarion with Dekoichi is kinda questionable because having a deck that's literally filled with flips is bound to cause some tempo problems.

You need to replace them with beaters of some kind, because otherwise you will lose to people just poking away with beaters, seeing as this goat deck has no mainboard stall.

A GK engine or a Tomato engine could both potentially work here with just a few adjustments (both engines are at least 3 monsters, after all).

Scapegoat is made considerably better by Exarion's removal, so playing 3 copies of it in a 3-morph build seems like a good idea.

Saku is still a very good card, but it indeed isn't as necessary as it was in Exarion format; you could potentially opt for a third book if you feel like it.

Edited by Brandis72

Most people just switch out Exarions for Kycoos / Skilled Dark Magicians.

Alternatively you can replace them for any combination of Asura Priest / Blade Knight / Skilled White Magician, and then replace Merchants with either Dekoichis or Dark Mimic LV1s.

11 hours ago, MZAAZM said:

in an exarionless goats, I was thinking to to replace the exarions with dekos in this build. I am iffy on if saku is still as needed in the main as it was with exarians everywhere.

Also in the side I like 2 swaps and 2 mslv2. Have not played goats in since i think 2015 though so advice and help welcome. thank you

MSLV2 went back to being staple sidedeck after we went back to playing no-Exarion

Agree that if you replace Exarion with Deko you have absolutely no plan against NoC other than hoping to draw more flips than they draw answers. People have gotten way better at attacking and playing decks that attack in Goat since the early revival in 2014-15 and you have to respond to that in your monster count

16 minutes ago, mmf said:

http://mmf-cash.tumblr.com/post/162056565697/10-things-not-to-do-with-solemn-in-goat-format

we really need to cut this shit out people. either stop playing solemn in goat format or start playing it well ffs

Good post.

I think Solemning a flip effect is sometimes a good move tbh. Especially when faith is getting back duo/pot/grace and you would take a -1 otherwise. You eliminate the faith from being recycled AND it cost your opponent a summon and a turn of being aggressive.

obv there are times where it might be correct to solemn each of those cards i listed in #2, but it should be your last ditch option. in the case of mof, i'd even try to meta trib a faith/serpent to take their faith with TER (learned this play from sharingan on anus) if my hand was bad enough vs faith to where i would just lose if i let it resolve

also post in non-mafia discord channels more

I signed up for duelbook the other day to play goats in between when my local area does it and to try out decks. I was under the impression that if you Metamorph out your TER, you have priority and are able to immediately suck up a monster, but i constantly watch people chaining book of moon before it can go off. Is this what's supposed to happen? I thought TER would at least get to suck up one monster...

Also, when can you flip a monster put face down via book of moon/tsukiyomi? I thought you could do it anytime, regardless if you've attacked already but can you not do it if they BoM during battle after attack has been declared?

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Koldhearted said:

I signed up for duelbook the other day to play goats in between when my local area does it and to try out decks. I was under the impression that if you Metamorph out your TER, you have priority and are able to immediately suck up a monster, but i constantly watch people chaining book of moon before it can go off. Is this what's supposed to happen? I thought TER would at least get to suck up one monster...

Also, when can you flip a monster put face down via book of moon/tsukiyomi? I thought you could do it anytime, regardless if you've attacked already but can you not do it if they BoM during battle after attack has been declared?

TER can use priority, BUT it needs to be face up to resolve, so BoM/Ring do effectively ''negate'' it.

You can flip summon (or change battle position) monsters once per turn during each turn after the turn they were summoned, assuming they did not attack.

If you use BoM in the main phase on a monster not summoned that turn,  they will be able to immediately flip summon the newly set monster and attack with it.

If you use BoM as a response to a monster's attack, the monster will be set, and that monster will also not be able to flip summon that turn, regardless of when it was summoned, because it declared an attack.

Good luck with Goat Format!

Edited by Brandis72

lol

35 minutes ago, Brandis72 said:

TER can use priority, BUT it needs to be face up to resolve, so BoM/Ring do effectively ''negate'' it.

You can flip summon (or change battle position) monsters once per turn during each turn after the turn they were summoned, assuming they did not attack.

If you use BoM in the main phase on a monster not summoned that turn,  they will be able to immediately flip summon the newly set monster and attack with it.

If you use BoM as a response to a monster's attack, the monster will be set, and that monster will also not be able to flip summon that turn, regardless of when it was summoned, because it declared an attack.

Good luck with Goat Format!

okay, tyvm for the fast response!  for some reason i thought if the attack didn't go through, then it didn't attack.

7 hours ago, Koldhearted said:

change the color of the text, holy shit