Indignation

The Official MMA Thread

Indignation    2858
OMG theres something wrong with the post editor. Every time I edit it keeps adding lines and taking lines away. OMG ITS SO ANNOYING!

Everytime it does this I feel like Bisping:
[spoiler]
[img]http://mma-hits.com/uploads/2009/07/bispko11.gif[/img]
[/spoiler]
^^^ Added under Dan Hendersons info :P

I am also gonna add a Legends of the sport section, seperated by Active Legends like Dan Henderson, Anderson Silva, Big Nog, BJ Penn etc... and then Historic Legends, Fedor, CroCop, Bas, Randy, Chuck, Tito, Shamrock Bros.

Indignation    2858
Sorry I can't make the front page more uniformed but the editor won't work properly.

Anyway any suggestions to add/change to the main post?
I'm going to add the Logos under each org. name soon.

Indignation    2858
Mike Tyson on Boxing and MMA. Actually brings up some good stuff.

[spoiler]
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h2VK8UvW480" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
[/spoiler]

Indignation    2858
Here's another promo for UFC 151 Jon Jones vs Dan Henderson. I also added it in the upcoming events section.

[spoiler]
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Dcd827HGfgE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
[/spoiler]

fake    4788
other kung fu i found outside roy

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO_b5lP6Blo[/media]
  • Upvote 1

Indignation    2858
Bellator 72 recap from their youtube channel:
[spoiler]
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c4QDw3pRFwg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
[quote]
"Travis Wiuff continues to amaze with another completely dominating performance, while Paul "Semtex" Daley did exactly what we thought he would in his Bellator debut by delivering another brutal knockout," said Bellator Chairman & CEO Bjorn Rebney. "My hats off to Karl Amoussou, who came out as his usual explosive self and had everyone on their feet with a slick submission win. Amoussou vs. Askren is something I'm looking forward to, and should happen in short order."

For Bellator welterweights Bryan "The Beast" Baker and Karl "Psycho" Amoussou, a win Friday night would not only earn them the Bellator Season 6 Welterweight Tournament Championship, but also $100,000 and a shot at Bellator Welterweight World Champion, Ben Askren. After briefly exchanging on the feet, Amoussou (16-4-2) swept the leg of Baker (18-4) and rather than taking the back, latched on to the leg of "The Beast." Baker immediately felt the pain of the inverted heel hook and tapped quickly to halt the bout at 0:56 of the first round.

"I'm really happy right now," said an emotional Amoussou. "It's been a lot of hard work, and I'm so happy to be at this point right now."

When asked about his next challenge, reigning Bellator Welterweight World Champion Ben Askren, Amoussou didn't hesitate.

"Lay and prayer, it's time for you to face the Psycho. I think Bellator needs a real exciting champion. Somebody is getting knocked out, and that somebody is going to be him."

Entering the Bellator cage for the first time Friday night, vicious striker Paul "Semtex" Daley was looking to impress Bellator brass when he met 6-time Bellator veteran, Rudy Bears at the USF Sun Dome. While Bears (14-11) appeared to have some success early on, Daley (30-12-2) ultimately showed why he is considered one of the best knockout artists in MMA. After landing a series of brutal knees to the body of Bears, Daley unloaded with a barrage of punches until the referee was forced to stop the fight at 2:45 of the first round.

"Anybody who trades with me is getting knocked out. Much respect to Rudy Bears for stepping in here with me," said Daley. "I'm looking to get in the tournament, and I'm going to win it."

After choking out Zelg Galesic last month in the quarterfinals of the Bellator Summer Series Light Heavyweight Tournament, Attila Vegh was matched up with the toughest test of his career Friday night when he faced Emanuel Newton. Newton (18-7-1), was coming off a submission win of his own over Roy Boughton and looked to stop the momentum of "Pumukli." The story throughout the fight was the aggressiveness of Newton and the counter striking of Vegh (27-4-2). For three close rounds, both men went blow for blow until a decision was rendered by the judges. Two of the three judges scored the fight in favor of Attila Vegh, who will now move on to the finals of the Bellator Summer Series Light Heavyweight Tournament.

"It was hard to train for the awkwardness he brings. The kicks were coming out of nowhere," said Vegh. "However, I was confident wherever the fight went. I trained for 15 minutes."

After earning a decisive victory over Chris Davis in the quarterfinals of the Bellator Summer Series Light Heavyweight Tournament, Travis "Diesel" Wiuff undoubtedly wanted to impose his will on Tim Carpenter when the two met Friday night in a semifinal matchup. For three rounds, Wiuff (68-14) controlled Carpenter (9-2), utilizing his takedowns and landing devastating strikes from the guard. After dominating for the entire fight, Travis Wiuff was awarded the unanimous decision victory.

After the fight, Wiuff had choice words for Bellator Light Heavyweight World Champion, Christian M'Pumbu.

"Christian, I'm coming for you," said Wiuff. "It's only a matter of time, Christian. Next time I beat you, I'm taking that belt."

In the first fight of the evening, Bellator welterweights Waachiim Spiritwolf and Marius Zaromskis were looking to pick up where they left off in their previous contest and finally put a stamp on their epic trilogy. Throughout the fight, Zaromskis (18-6) was the aggressor, constantly moving forward and avoiding the power shots of Spiritwolf (9-11-1). Zaromskis also showed off his improved takedown defense every time Spiritwolf attempted to take the fight to the ground. After the completion of three rounds, two of the three judge's cageside scored the fight in favor of Marius Zaromskis.[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Also on a side note. I put videos in spoiler tags now so the page loads faster.
  • Upvote 1

HellFox    472
Silva would still wreck Hector Lomard...I'm convinced there is no one in that weight class that can beat Silva; he will most likely retire a champion which many believe will be after his contract expires soon.

fake    4788
prelims
[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/UFC?v=YBAICua8ZZs"]http://www.youtube.c...C?v=YBAICua8ZZs[/url]

edit ufc broke

[url="http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/131652/1/watch-ufc-149-:-preliminaries.html"]http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/131652/1/watch-ufc-149-:-preliminaries.html[/url]
  • Upvote 1

AcidMuffin    189
can anyone hook it up with a live stream link for 149? :)

EDIT: Nevermind, I stopped being bad and read the sticky. Kindly ignore this

fake    4788
[url="http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/131655/1/watch-ufc-149-:-faber-vs-barao.html"]http://www.thefirstr...r-vs-barao.html[/url]

[url="http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/131655/4/watch-ufc-149-:-faber-vs-barao.html"]http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/131655/4/watch-ufc-149-:-faber-vs-barao.html[/url]
  • Upvote 2

Indignation    2858
Wow. I know Lombard didn't get the KO but he completely schooled Tim. Like seriously Tim didn't even connect many hits at all and had to freaking lean on his trainers while Lombard dodged everything and counter landed, controlled the fight, was moving forward, dropped Tim twice, got the takedowns, landed more significant strikes. I mean he outclassed Tim period. I just don't get how 2 judges chose Tim for the split decision. I found it hilarious how joe rogan is bashing lombard while lombard dropped Tim with the liver kick.

Very disapointed that Lombard didn't get the finish but the judging was horrible.

fake    4788
tim ran the whole time and got liver kicked mid way yeah

Indignation    2858
That was the worst PPV I have ever seen.

And I must say that Lombard vs Boetsch decision was one of the worst I have seen this year. I mean at least Condit landed... leg kicks vs Diaz but in this fight Tim didn't do anything (even though Lombard didn't push much either) and was on the losing end of everything. Lombard even got the takedowns. I just don't get it. I even watched it again on my dvr. That is just plain bias in my opinion.

bobflet    68
I'll agree with you about Lombard winning. But he never dropped Tim. Didn't even rock him once. Lombard clearly had the better strikes landed and dictated where the fight went, but i guess the judges valued Boetsch's movement more - as they always do.

Additionally, as a Calgarian myself i was appalled with the lack of class and disrespect shown by the fans. Definitely not a good card, but don't fuckin boo. That just makes you look like a child.

AcidMuffin    189
On the brightside I felt that the main event was a solid fight. Definitely not OMGWAREXCITETRAIN but it was a good match where Renan utilized his distance and completely nullified Faber. It was not worthy of the boos the crowd was throwing towards the end.

I also felt that Lombard got robbed in that decision, he landed inf. more significant strikes. He was definitely less explosive but that probably has to do with the whole newcomer thing. He didnt want to gas r1 but I'm not which is better at this point -- going all out, missing the r1 win and losing due to no gas or holding back the entire match and losing because the other guy was moving more than you.

Indignation    2858
Well you also got to see that he went against the biggest guy at 185 while he is the smallest in height at 185. Tim just dropped from 205 so it makes sense Lombard came in with that type of game-plan. It is Tim that I am more frustrated with. Tim "The Barbarian" didn't look very barbarian like against a significantly smaller guy, and was fighting as if he was the smaller guy.

I feel that in matches like Lombard vs Boetsch, Diaz vs Condit, Machida vs Shogun 1 etc... that there is this demasculation of the the winners. For example Condit "[b]The Natural Born Killer[/b]" is now called the natural born runner by almost half of mma fans, Tim "[b]The Barbarian[/b]" looked like little kid being beat up by a bully even though he is the bigger man, Machida "[b]The Dragon[/b]" known for being elusive and devastating at the time was hated on. The other side of this is that Lombard even though he wasn't impressive still held his alpha male aura throughout the fight, the same goes for Diaz and Shogun. The judges seem to have bias over the more passive (putting it nicely) fighters in those fights who were known for the exact opposite.

Anyway enough of that, I vented enough.

I think Renan looked great and fought exactly how I expected him too. The only problem with the fight is I already knew what it was going to look like and got bored. Renan vs Cruz will be great though. I know people hate Cruz but I actually like him because people call him a point fighter but he is always trying to win not just by points, he actually tries to finish it's just that it evades him.

fake    4788
tim and gustaffson r let downs pro runners
machida runs but has strikes and throws to go along with his counter game these guys just ran start to fin cant catch ur opponent if all that happens is back pedaling since the distance never closes
boxing finally had a better week than mma
  • Upvote 1

fake    4788
shoulda been thiago v shogun
there needs to be more draws and sudden death rounds
suprised bisping took on stann bad move he was just contender and lost the robbery should be next easily
iunno id like to see him tko stann i guess but thats a long shot
just watched nate v tyron roids ftw everyone should have roids
tyson in that interview vid is right toe stomp in the clinch when they lean against opp seems dirty good
  • Upvote 1

Indignation    2858
You think who is on roids? Nate? Because I think he's on them lol.
I would like to see Bisping win too. I used to not like him but now i feel a bit sorry for him lol.

I'm still salty about the Lombard match, it was bad but he should have won that decision.

fake    4788
yeah nate cut some weight his roids r showing at 170
hope someone kos rory soon wish it was hendricks or condit rematch
chances bj has been secretly honing his skills . . . none

fake    4788
yeah they rarely would throw combinations once their opposition is on the fence tyron leaned on him instead he coulda gotten the finish