umbreon

top16 oceania wcq, 3rd in swiss

umbreon    27
For this time's wcq, I decided to take same deck as Nats, because practically top16 match is the only match I lost (last round of swiss doesn't really matter coz I know i top anyways) on Nats, and that lost is because of opponent drawing the nuts anyways, so I'm pretty confident with my Chaos Dragon.

I tweak the deck a little bit, with more Windups players, I'm maining Maxx C instead of my third Sorcerer and third veiler. I tested Windups as well, but in the end doesn't really like it somehow. I also tested some random barbaros drain deck that wins like 90% of the time against chaos dragons pre-side, but in the end doesn't use it because it have a random 50-50 matchup vs rabbits.

So the wcq begins

Round 1: 2-1 vs Dino Rabbits
Game 1 I drew pretty bad, I don't think i get any lyla, recharge or tour guide, but can make some trooper plays to get some plusses, At a point I didn't know what deck he played cause he only use T-king and Tour Guide into zenmaines. I still won the first game however.
Game 2 he drew much better than me, I drew crap hand again and can't really win.
Game 3 I had him all game, My ryko milled wyvern and successfully retrieve my DAD to hand by some banishing. He keeps playing minus like summoning T-king and Laggia to prevent my DAD summoned vs my Pulsar, so I just attack over it. APparently he didn't draw lots of traps. I saw one Torrential when I summoned my Dark Armed, only to let me summon REDMD via dead Pulsar and attacked for 5300 for game.

Round 2: 1-2 vs Chaos Dragons
Game 1 he played terribly, he drew much better hand compared to me but somehow played into maxx c and tried to attack for game, I was on 3000, I set ryko, he somehow swarms after maxx c and makes exa beetle, I told him that he can't exa beetle face down. Later he make gaia dragon trying to win the game as he also have guide and sangan on the field, and trample over ryko for massive damage, then I drop trago, he can't attack for game with his guide and sangan because trago was like on 4800 or something due to him letting me drawing so many cards from maxx c. Then he activated card destruction for some reason and I still otk him next turn, with 9 card in hand, obviously it's easy to otk even playing around gorz.
Game 2 and 3, he keeps drawing the nuts, even though he didn't play really well, but my hand is just less playable than his.

Round 3: 2-1 vs Inzektors
Game 1 He started with dragonfly ladybug and make tiras and search hornet, then my hand once again drawing pretty terrible, Keep drawing the eclipse wyverns and red eyes just like the first few rounds. Few more turns he had game pretty easily.
Game 2 some random side deck cards hurts him like breaker killing his backrows and getting plusses, while I keep veilering his monsters. Not drawing any strong opening yet on the first eight game of the tournament, not even a single lyla. Still win because veiler is good vs inzektor anyway.
Game 3 I drew garbage again, he drew no hornet, but can make zenmaines and attacked me like four times before I can drop my Gorz. He ended up being able to kill my Gorz with his zenmaines and kill the token by attacking with centipede and leave me with no field. He had a backrow.I had eclispe, red eyes and darkflare on my hand with pretty much nothing on graveyard. So i gamble and make red eyes and darkflare risking losing to mirror force, tt or bottomless. I know he had no hornet so i just hope he didn't rip it. He didn't, I won. The set card was a bluff.

Lunch break, I don't understand how I can make 2-1 with all crappy hand, I was like opening tour guide only once or twice, opening lyla like twice, opening no charge, recharge and Future Fusion obviously, and most of them had eclispe and red eyes. I just hope I got more playable hand after lunch.

Round 4: 2-0 vs Chaos Dragons
Game 1 both player drawing well, I had some recharge plays finally on first turn. I ended up win first game fairly easily.
Game 2 I went second, and Allured into Future Fusion. First time opening with FF.

Round 5: 2-1 vs Wind Ups
Game 1 he looped me mid-game and win from it. I could drop bls earlier before the loop, but just afraid of his two backrows that he got from pot when he's pretty much almost handless.
Game 2 is a pretty slow game. both player didn't draw that well and keep playing around cards. I ended up win the game by beatdown, pretty much.
Game 3 I start with Future Fusion. I played slowly and destroy his backrows, and decided to play FF and win from it after destroying his Typhoon and 2 Solemn Warning with my Ryko, Lyla and MST. I don't have any Chaos monsters so I just set up my DAD with FF and win from there.

Round 6: 2-0 vs Dino Rabbits
Game 1 I kinda forgot what happened here, It seems like a fairly easy game as my engine worked pretty well and summon my boss monsters to beat over his monsters.
Game 2 I think same thing happened. The game is bit slower, He didn't open with rabbit so I got some plusses from breakers and lylas before summoning the bigger monsters.

Round 7: 2-1 vs Wind Ups
Table two, so I was like pretty relaxed as I think I'll top regardless of result.
Game 1 he looped me like mid game because he topped into Pot a turn before, I just happen to not draw my maxx c and veilers.
Game 2 also started slowly, neither player make big plays and play safely. I forced a warning with only a Breaker. He had some monsters, I think like zenmaighty and rabbit, and a set spell/trap, I set mine as well, he set another afterwards. Next turn I flipped my Storm, drop sorcerer light pulsar and leviair, do some banishing and make bounzer. he can't recover from those minuses and obviously the bounzer.
Game 3 he drew garbage with like maybe only two or three monsters all game that is not Wind-up Rabbit, tour guide, or anything relevant, like only magician and hunter or something, He just can't win with that hand. I drew pretty bad as well, but still had some plays, not that unplayable.

6-1, 3rd in swiss.

Top 16: 0-2 vs Dino Rabbits
Game 1 he went first, guide into sangan. I start with nothing and pass turn. He summoned reaper and i veiler it cause i can't risk some of my important spells got discarded. He made zenmaines with reaper and guide. I topped and summoned Lyla and pass because he didn't have any backrow. His turn, he suicided his Sangan into Lyla and search Rabbit, and summon Laggia in main phase 2. I had no clue on why he didn't suicide his zenmaines and kill my Lyla. I had no dark in grave. At this point I had dark hole, storm, red eyes, pulsar and eclipse wyvern if i remember correctly. I lyla and he veilered. He had laggia, zenmaines and a backrow with 3 card in hand. I want to play storm to destroy the backrow as I fear bottomless trap hole. But I thought i'm doomed if he negate my storm with laggia and if the backrow is indeed bottomless. So i tried to force laggia's negation with dark hole, and he lanced his laggia instead of negating it. I normal summoned Eclipse and he negated with Laggia. I'm screwed but still full on life. He ripped guide and make leviair to win from it. I probably should have stormed first, as if it is indeed bottomless trap hole i lost anyways.
Game 2 he had macro, I had mst but I had better field. I had sorcerer and trooper, make leviair and summoned lyla, he had a set monster. I didn't mst because if it's sangan, searched for rabbit and goes for laggia to kill my sorc, I had no outs yet. I had no veiler or maxx c on hand, and only have one boss monster on hand so I can't beat laggia yet. I swing with leviair and attacked into fossil dyna. I lost my field except trooper. I ended up typhoon when he swings over my trooper. Few turns later, I had 1 dark on grave, but had no light on hand, only dark monsters in hand. I only have red eyes i topped last turn, and by topping into darkflare, I summoned darkflare and he activated compulsory to return it. He ripped guide and leviair his rabbit to make dolkka, I was on 4200. He thought it was game. I was left on 100. I need any light. The chance is pretty high, I still had two ryko, two lyla, a light pulsar with like 10 card-deck, no to mention i think i still had some power cards like reborn. I topped into another darkflare and it's game.

Both game i lost i think i could have won if i played differently, I don't think those were actual misplays, it just happen to be the wrong card compared to the one expected or feared. The annoying part is only because the guy who beats me doesn't play well at all, keep misplaying and still win anyways.

Decklists

3 Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
3 Tour Guide of the Underworld
3 Light Pulsar Dragon
2 Dark Flare Dragon
2 Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
2 Eclipse Wyvern
2 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
2 Tragoedia
2 Effect Veiler
2 Maxx C
2 Chaos Sorcerer
2 Card Trooper
1 Sangan
1 Gorz Emmisary of Darkness
1 Dark Armed Dragon
1 Black Luster Soldier-Envoy of the Beginning
31 Monsters

2 Solar Recharge
1 Charge of the Light Brigade
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Heavy Storm
1 Future Fusion
1 Allure of Darkness
8 Spells

1 Treacherous Trap Hole
1 Trap

Extra
1 Five Headed Dragon
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Armory Arm
1 Ancient Sacred Wyvern
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Inzektor Exa Beetle
1 Photon Strike Bounzer
1 Gaia Dragon Thunder Charger
1 Queen Dragon Djinn
1 Steelswarm Roach
1 Leviair the Sea Dragon
1 Leviathan Dragon
1 Wind-up Zenmaines
1 Temtempo
1 Muzurythm

Side
2 Breaker the Magical Warrior
2 Soul Taker
1 Victoria
1 Mind Control
2 Light and Darkness Dragon
2 Royal Decree
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
1 Effect Veiler
  • Upvote 5

┬╗Relianah    4515

Don't bump useless year old post.. I gave you a warning for that if you do it again you'll get suspended

dickballs    21

Don't bump useless year old post.. I gave you a warning for that if you do it again you'll get suspended

Guby pls
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6