Ammit

My short film

Ammit    5159
So this is the short film I've posted about a few times on here that I wrote and directed and what not. Just finished editing yesterday. Watch in 720+full screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEp3vK95KMQ&hd=1
  • Upvote 9

+Urthor    10229
It's really well made, the amount of work you put into post processing is really apparent and is mostly good, but almost too much sometimes, the red wash on the hallway @6:50 is what really bugs me. As in all amateur film you see the fact that writing the script and acting is the hardest part, but you really do build something pretty good as the film progresses.

But hey, I know nothing really, and you've done a really good job.

Ammit    5159
Thanks. Yeah I was probably most worried about what I did with color correction, I understand what you mean.

El Scorcho    225
Solid short. Did you do this for fun or in conjunction with a school program? Any other projects you're working on?

I'm an aspiring filmmaker myself and am looking to shoot a zero-budget feature this December.

I look forward to seeing more from you.

Ammit    5159
I did it for fun/to learn. My school doesn't have a production track, only a film studies track and I really just wanted to make something. Thanks. This was all done on zero budget. The actors worked for free/friends were involved, and my friend already owned his camera we used. I really need to get back to writing other things, so unfortunately nothing yet.

Ammit    5159
[quote name='Mr. T' timestamp='1343024145' post='3238261']
nice. how much time did it take to make?
[/quote]
The actual shooting took place over like 4 weeks on the weekends, usually Saturdays for a few hours each day. My friend who shot it edited the rough cut after we got out of school but was also working two jobs so it took him a while to do that, and I decided to edit it myself, which took a few days with sometimes weeks in between. So I mean realistically it could have been made within a week or so consecutively.

Ansem1013    8
Not my cup of tea, but I am not saying it was necessarily bad though. All things considered, it was rather good actually.

The camera was a little shaky at times, but if you had no budget, I am going to assume no tripod, eh? The camera work was really good for a lot of the short though. I was going "ooh" when it wrapped around the treadmill.

I would have preferred the sound to fade out, like when the girls are on the window, rather than abruptly stopping, but that is just me being nitpicky.

I also liked the homage to Taxi Driver :D And it really made me wonder if you were going for that with the short as a whole or just that one scene.

Also curious what program you guys used to edit.

Ammit    5159
We had a very bad tripod that could really extend well and a lot of the camera was mobile so we couldn't use it for a lot. This was our "rig": [img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1qazvom2y1qh0ad3o1_500.jpg[/img]

I roughly modeled the script off of Taxi Driver because I needed a place to start and really just wanted to make something. Actually that's a good point, the audio in general sort of sucks, and it probably something I could have worked on more, but we also only had an in cam mic to begin with. I used Premiere Pro, my friend used Final Cut.

»◌ ◌ ◌    4267
I liked it. Could see the Taxi Driver influence.

Didn't like some of the dialogue and thought it was unfortunate there were people casually walking around in the like last two scenes where [spoiler] he's carrying her [/spoiler]

liked it though
  • Upvote 1

Ansem1013    8
[quote name='Ammit' timestamp='1343031579' post='3238320']
We had a very bad tripod that could really extend well and a lot of the camera was mobile so we couldn't use it for a lot. This was our "rig": [img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1qazvom2y1qh0ad3o1_500.jpg[/img]

I roughly modeled the script off of Taxi Driver because I needed a place to start and really just wanted to make something. Actually that's a good point, the audio in general sort of sucks, and it probably something I could have worked on more, but we also only had an in cam mic to begin with. I used Premiere Pro, my friend used Final Cut.
[/quote]
well I, for one, want to see what you can do with more

I only have experience from taking a year of tv production in high school. My college does not really have an extensive amount of film stuff, but it is decent I guess. Have not done any classes concerning production or anything yet though, just film analysis

Ammit    5159
Yeah, unfortunately my university doesn't have a production course, so our resources are fairly limited outside of stuff we manage to get on our own.